• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Arms Lore] Will Carpentry raise Arms Lore?

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have Fletching 100% and Arms Lore 83% and need it 100% of course, and I was already working on carpentry, but as I made many, many wooden shields I didn't get any gains in Arms Lore.

I tried with blacksmithing briefly and got gains, so I'm wondering if Carpentry doesn't work with it? Two more questions: will Arms Lore raise if I make bows at 100% fletching? Also, if I actively Arms Lore a weapon for hours instead of crafting will that work as well? (if so, is it faster or slower than if I was crafting and it was passively gaining?)

Thanks!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arms Lore can be gained from making weapons and armor. Shields do not count as armor, for the purpose of raising Arms Lore. You should be able to find a weapon to craft at your skill level to gain both in.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have Fletching 100% and Arms Lore 83% and need it 100% of course, and I was already working on carpentry, but as I made many, many wooden shields I didn't get any gains in Arms Lore.

I tried with blacksmithing briefly and got gains, so I'm wondering if Carpentry doesn't work with it? Two more questions: will Arms Lore raise if I make bows at 100% fletching? Also, if I actively Arms Lore a weapon for hours instead of crafting will that work as well? (if so, is it faster or slower than if I was crafting and it was passively gaining?)

Thanks!
If you're training carpentry, yout best bets for arms lore gains from carpentry are the gnarled staff or Shepherds crook, that are made in most systems near the end of carpentry training. IMO the crooks are better, because you can donate them to the Britain library, instead of just trowing them away (animal trainer, upstairs).

And, yes, you can gain arms lore from bowcrafting even if bowcrafting itself is GM. I GMed my bowcrafter's arms lore from 0 (didn't even bother buying it up), sitting in Heartwood doing quests (initially to train bowcrafting skill, then continued past GM bowcraft, for runics)

Since you're training carpenter.... If your carpenter is also your tinker, you can get arms lore gains from making the "Hammer" carpentry tool (despite it not being usable as a weapon, it has weapon stats)