• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Will a condemned house revert to auto-refresh now that account is reactivated...?

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've recently had to reactivate one of my accounts because for some reason it stopped receiving payment, can't imagine why but nevertheless s'all sorted now. As the title of this post suggests, I've been left in the lurch as far as whether I can save the house without enlisting a third party is concerned. I'm currently sitting in a GM queue in the hope of getting an official answer to my question, but for some strange reason I don't see any 'you are X in the queue' messages in my journal, so figured I'd ask you guys too !

Anyone have any idea...?

Cheers,
KV.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes, if you have paid on the account the decay will be turned off. AS long as you are able to log onto that account. Double check that part. Some people are saying you have to open a door or open the house sign too for the decay to actually stop. In the past I actually had to wait for server up for the decay tag line to go off of the house sign tho. Glad you caught it in time tho... I fear ALOT of folks won't :(

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as it isn't near the end of the decay stage, it will reset after server up.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks very much for the swift replies chaps, s'much appreciated. The decay stage is currently 'somewhat worn' so is that too late or just in time...? I was hoping someone would say it would refresh upon server reset, as I can remember something similar happening in the past, so yay !

As for the GM response:

S'just say s'not the most inspiring message I've ever received.

Glad you caught it in time tho... I fear ALOT of folks won't
What do you mean by that Kylie...? Are there a lot of people having to re-sub their accounts lately...?

Cheers,
KV.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks very much then Mapper, I shall report back when I know for sure !

Cheers,
KV.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your house is still not refreshing, opening a door on the plot or opening your house sign menu should sort it :)

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
S'still condemned !

I assume we've had a server reset since my last post, s'usually 5am GMT right...? As for the sign and door malarkey, I've given it a go but still no joy.

Is there an alternative procedure for customised houses (as opposed to classic designs) or should it not matter...?

Cheers,
KV.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

same here, but i was a bit "smarter" as you :twak:.

i asked for GM support.

NO LIE!!! 2 minutes after i requested for a GM, he appears in the chat and told me... "all is good", next day the condemned state is deleted.. something with serverrefresh.

:danceb:

otherwise i have to re-appeal a GM again.

you can trade your house with a friend, you take his.. he takes yours, and in 7 days you trade back.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, usually 24-48hr to refresh state, which is why it's a bad idea to wait until your house is Greatly worn to reactivate account ;)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
G

Guardsmen Militia

Hi Kas,

We're having the same problem with a number of houses. The accounts were all reactivated more than 28 hours ago, and they've still not refreshed.

Paged a GM and they've simply said to wait and see... =S

Not happy!

G

Guardsmen Militia

Cailleach, I don't suppose you know how/where/who to contact?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Refresh will take a full 24 hours, not just till the next server up.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks very much for the information chaps, I imagine everything will be fine but I'll keep you posted all the same and I hope the Militia houses can be saved too. With regards to the announcement on the UO website, does anyone know why they're doing that or is it just a routine thing? I mean, are they trying to prompt people to refresh accounts so they can determine how many active customers they have or what?

Just guesstimating of course, we'll doubtless find out one way or the other.

Cheers,
KV.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont worry too much, as a long time Idocer I think that currently ALL the houses that went into decay Wed/Thurs are now stuck at Somewhat Worn.

Based on the timing I have used for years they should ALL have gone to Fairly some time this afternoon. At the present time (7PM) they are still Somewhat Worn.

If the old timing is still being used when they turned decay back on it will still be at least 3 DAYS before any fall on Europa.

There remains the possibility that they have changed something, which bearing in mind our Devs past efforts is not that remote I suppose.

Reading on UOHall I see that I am not the only one coming to the conclusion that decay is stuck.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well you'll be happy to know that i have been informed the Grd houses have refreshed :)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well you'll be happy to know that i have been informed the Grd houses have refreshed :)
Yeeee!

Sorry Kas about saying wrong info, I'm fairly certain I only had to wait till server up for one of mine to refresh last year. Must have changed.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No bother matey, it was much appreciated all the same, glad to hear the Militia houses are back to full health and as for my 'gaff....

Yay !

Thanks for all the help, I can now go back to being almost completely dormant.

Cheers,
KV.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha im stuck with the Cove Memorial Square! Damn 7 day rule! *Turns it into a giant Chaos banner*