• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wilki's post on UOHAll concerning BOD changes - FYI

G

<blockquote><hr>

As I mentioned in a previous FoF thread, I've made some changes to the BOD system. They're not huge, but it should make things a little more rewarding.

1. Corrected a small error that gave skilled smith's a 45% base chance to get a colored BOD instead of the intended 50% chance.
  2. GM Smiths still get a 10% bonus chance for a colored BOD (60% total).
  3. Elder Smiths get a 20% bonus chance for a colored BOD (70% total).
  4. Legendary Smiths get a 40% bonus chance for a colored BOD (90% total).
  5. The chances of getting a valorite BOD (once you've passed the colored BOD test), have been raised substantially.
  6. There is also a short delay (5 seconds) between turning in multiple filled BODs.
  7. Colored footwear large bods should now be offered.
  8. All runic tools have had their intensity ranges changed as follows:<ul>Blacksmithing:<ul>
  9. Dull Copper: 40 - 100
  10. Shadow: 45 - 100%
  11. Copper: 50 - 100%
  12. Bronze: 55 - 100%
  13. Gold: 60 - 100%
  14. Agapite: 65 - 100%
  15. Verite: 70 - 100%
  16. Valorite: 85 - 100%
Tailoring:<ul>[*]Spined: 40 - 100%
[*]Horned: 45 - 100%
[*]Barbed: 50 -100%<ul>[/list][/list]
This won't make it into the very next publish, but should be in the one after that.

And to those who celebrate it, have a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Edit: Added a few fixes to the end of the list, and changed the delay to 5 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

R

Rykus

Will have to actually start playing the BOD game now.

Though as someone else said, this will likely make weapons drop in value substantially. Going to be burning up the DC hammers once this goes through.

G

I agree.

Will be reloading runics on vendors after this goes through.

Should make doing BODs fun again!!

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would one of u mind filling in the rest of us non-blacksmith lingo speakers?
The first part just seems to be that you have a little better chance at getting a better lbod or bod. the last part seems to be a little better chance at intensities?? what were the numbers before?

Lorddog

G

The numbers before were
RUNIC HAMMER
Dull Copper Shadow Copper Bronze Golden Agapite Verite Valorite
10% 20% 25% 30% 35% 40% 45% 50%
35% 45% 50% 65% 75% 80% 90% 100%
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5
2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5

edit: i had a bunch of spaces in here they just wont take for some reason so match em up =-}

G

selling insane bodcollector set including 3 accounts, castle holding very big bodcollection!

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I wonder if items currently in the world will be affected by the change, or if it will only be those obtained from here on out.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a good thought. If every hammer is affected by this change, then I will have a very big "D'OH!" moment. Back in the the summer when I went on a major cleaning spree, I trashed a couple dozen low-end hammers (DC and shadow).

G

you realize that a dullcopper hammer has a way lower number of properties compared to a valorite one? im a bit surprised that everyone now thinks that spined and dullcopper will be insane.

R

RandAlThor

I am interested in the BOD account how much do you want for it?