• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wildfire Ostard

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
So I just hopped on TC1 to check out this new Wildfire Ostard. The publish notes say its supposed to function similar to a bane dragon. It spawns as a 4-slot pet with overcapped Tactics, native magery and poisoning. So far to me it seems like it has very aggressive AI compared to the way other pets tend to handle. Anyone else notice this?
On spawn it was able to inflict deadly poison with no training. It didn't give me any messages about "my pet feeling a bit peckish today" so it must spawn with a full hidden mana bar, if it truly functions like a Bane.
Later I fed it some meat which it ate and made the pet happy. But I also fed it blackrock stew I happened to have on my tamer, it ate the stew and I got a message saying "Your pet is returned to full power by this meal." I'm curious to see tomorrow if I get the your pet is feeling a bit peckish messages and if only stew or meats will restore him to full strength.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They posted on the other forum that changes were nade and it will now spawn as a 3slot

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
That's good, otherwise I'd say this is a pretty useless pet, other than it's rideable and can poison. If it spawns at 3 slots, then it could compete with a bane dragon base stats. It looks pretty cool too, not as cool as a bane dragon but still pretty cool.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
To be honest is ugly af, even uglier than the garden slug if possible :sad2::next:
Ossies needed some love for a while now.. they finally got it. I think it is great they used that graphic for a formidable pet. I mean they could have just rehued the swampy if they were being lazy.

So far to me it seems like it has very aggressive AI compared to the way other pets tend to handle. Anyone else notice this?
On spawn it was able to inflict deadly poison with no training. It didn't give me any messages about "my pet feeling a bit peckish today" so it must spawn with a full hidden mana bar, if it truly functions like a Bane.
Later I fed it some meat which it ate and made the pet happy. But I also fed it blackrock stew I happened to have on my tamer, it ate the stew and I got a message saying "Your pet is returned to full power by this meal." I'm curious to see tomorrow if I get the your pet is feeling a bit peckish messages and if only stew or meats will restore him to full strength.
That aggressive AI is the Bane's AI as well. Glad they incorporated it. Supposedly the Stew impacts them as well but it is strange you did not get the peckish message. You would think with getting the high end power message you would also get the low end. Maybe just an oversight that they will correct.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yeah this is great. I'm excited, provided it stays at least as a 3 slot.

Now if only these spawned with different colors...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I do like Ossies too, if it's 3 slots I would definitely want them ^^, at 4 slot they are useless ;)
Used to love running around with a pack of frenzieds.. revamp needed to show those more love imo.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
That aggressive AI is the Bane's AI as well. Glad they incorporated it. Supposedly the Stew impacts them as well but it is strange you did not get the peckish message. You would think with getting the high end power message you would also get the low end. Maybe just an oversight that they will correct.
It's weird I thought my banes were more aggressive but I didn't notice it as much until this Ostard. Probably because I normally take it to champ spawns and just keep telling it to kill stuff. On TC I was going to lower end mobs to see what it would do.

I went on today and got the peckish message, so when you pop it, it spawns with a full hidden mana bar. I fed it some meat and it does make it happy but does not return it's hidden mana bar to full power, so you will need Blackrock Stew for this pet. I see a new market for that now.

I popped a new one today and it was a 3 slot. Looks like they made the tactics spawn under capped to keep it 3-slot. Also I did pop my new one in Tokuno and you can train them in Bushido or Ninjitsu as a result, which makes them unique from a Bane. Not sure if there is anything useful there but it's an option and different from a Bane. I did throw it into the UO-Cah pet intensity calculator under a Bane Dragon to compare, it was under the minimum with the current way it spawns. Now part of me is glad if it would be less powerful since I love my banes and they are very unique. But I also think for a returning player this is a great way to get back into it and have a cool pet without just having to buy one.

Nyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Anyone figure out how to get one of these to pop in their bag? I know it has to be Felucca but what do you do there?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Anyone figure out how to get one of these to pop in their bag? I know it has to be Felucca but what do you do there?
These Wildfire Ostards are not in game yet. They were being tested for future release tied to event content.

People are obtaining them on TC1 via clicky in the Brittain Commons for testing.