• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wildfire Ostard Upgraded on TC stats

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are all the same:

1614987869757.png

They are a Bane with Fewer HP at the end and a little harder to get regens.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Guessing these are poppable like the Triton?

A little under on the hp's but manageable.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup they make cool statues, Ill need 3 or 4 just for deco.

1614989729837.png

Damn, my swamp land house will need more...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are like a Bane or Dreadmare if you want AI/Chiv

You can not get build AI/Chiv with 120 scrolls and have all the Regens. 20/5/30. So you need to make decisions for those.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you choose to not increase HP or Mana, you can get this AI/Chiv with 601 points left.

1614991270072.png

I'm excited. Would I like 300 more points to work with? Yes.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yeah this is looking viable for a number of uses. I agree, 300 more intensity points or spawning with 110-130 wrestling (like the Triton) would make this perfect.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah this is looking viable for a number of uses. I agree, 300 more intensity points or spawning with 110-130 wrestling (like the Triton) would make this perfect.
Dunno about the wrestle being a good idea. I mean these are supposedly meant to be on par with the Bane as a currently spawning 'pvp pet'. Folks had been griping about not having a current spawning pet with those same skillsets etc and hollering it was unbalanced that way.

I mean I always thought pets were dang near useless in pvp these days and were basically used to clear spawn... shows what I know.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since they have poison you can add a Poison ability for just 100.

Ill be making one of these:
1615000073603.png

Or
1615001311542.png

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since they have poison you can add a Poison ability for just 100.

Ill be making one of these:
View attachment 117376

Or
View attachment 117377
Poison Breath/Venomous Bite on a Bane Dragon/Wildfire Ostard is fairly redundant, since they already apply DP to everything that melee attacks them.
While Wildfire Ostards may have less HP than Bane Dragons, they also lack a common Slayer vulnerability (Banes are weak to Dragon/Reptile Slayer), so are tougher in PvP. They are vulnerable to Bird Slayer however, which only appears on Talismans or Invasion Spellbooks.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They may be vulnerable to Bird Slayer however, which only appears on Talismans or Invasion Spellbooks.
Had not thought of slayer vulnerability yet. I know Forest/Desert and Frenzieds are... with them modeling this after the Bane I wonder if they even thought about changing the slayer vulnerability of it... or is they just copied/pasted everything onto the new graphic..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Poison Breath/Venomous Bite on a Bane Dragon/Wildfire Ostard is fairly redundant, since they already apply DP to everything that melee attacks them.
I want to be like all the cool kids on Atlantic. :) The Nausea would be the only 1 would do.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Had not thought of slayer vulnerability yet. I know Forest/Desert and Frenzieds are... with them modeling this after the Bane I wonder if they even thought about changing the slayer vulnerability of it... or is they just copied/pasted everything onto the new graphic..
I just tested it on TC. Wildfire Ostards are indeed vulnerable to Bird Slayer. Slayer vulnerability is tied to graphic, hence how i can make Changelings vulnerable to Undead Slayer by being in Wraith Form when they transform into me.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just for your info, you can "deactivate" magery by putting (active) poisoning on them for 1 training point. You can do the same with bane dragons, turning them into poison machines with their passive poison "skin" and (now active) poisoning. The main reason why I want to remove magery on them is because I want them to use certain specials as much as possible (less is more), also I am a mage tamer anyway and can cast damage or defensive spells anytime.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While Wildfire Ostards may have less HP than Bane Dragons, they also lack a common Slayer vulnerability (Banes are weak to Dragon/Reptile Slayer), so are tougher in PvP. They are vulnerable to Bird Slayer however, which only appears on Talismans or Invasion Spellbooks.
I noticed the Poison stops gaining when I put Chivalry on the Ostard.
Do any of these abilities need the poison at 100 to do more damage? Which ones?
Does the natural poison defense attack require Poison at 100 or does that matter is it stays at 65?
Or for the ones that need poison skill, will they increase as they use them? Thanks

Aura of Nausea
Poison Breath
Essence of Disease
Venomous Bite
Vicious Bite

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I decided to train mine up on TC at the cost of lots of Cargo on LS.

Got to resist part. Dang thing kills the spectrals with its defense spray even if you spam all stop so I'm not gonna get resist above 110.

Someone asked about this:
1615077482331.png

Stew works.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Dang thing kills the spectrals with its defense spray even if you spam all stop so I'm not gonna get resist above 110.
Can always try Lich's in Ilsh and a ledge/stream. Worked for the Bane, should work for them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im sitting on an Island with 2 Blood eles hitting it. I won't time out so that should get the resist and Chiv up. Just set a timer for 30 mins to do whisper. Maybe someone will page on me.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed the Poison stops gaining when I put Chivalry on the Ostard.
Do any of these abilities need the poison at 100 to do more damage? Which ones?
Does the natural poison defense attack require Poison at 100 or does that matter is it stays at 65?
Or for the ones that need poison skill, will they increase as they use them? Thanks

Aura of Nausea
Poison Breath
Essence of Disease
Venomous Bite
Vicious Bite
Only Poison Breath is really dependant upon Poison skill for the level of Poison it inflicts. Poison Breath can inflict up to Lethal Poison (Lvl 5) to nearby opponents at GM Poison, and inflicts lower levels of Poison with greater distance/lower Poison skill. Use of Poison Breath will increase Poison skill, but it's very slow and Poison Breath itself is fairly mana intensive (50 Mana), so the pet needs to be kept high on Mana when training it's Poison skill via Poison Breath.
Venomous Bite inflicts Deadly Poison (Level 4) on nearby opponents. The level of Poison inflicted is not dependent upon Poisoning skill, last i checked.
The effectiveness of Aura of Nausea, Essence of Disease, and Vicious Bite are not dependent upon Poison skill. Aura of Nausea, Essence of Disease and Vicious Bite are available to pets that have any % of their melee damage type as Poison Damage, or are given the Poison Magical ability.
Poison skill itself does confer some measure of resistance to the Poison status for pets (as well as players). The higher the Poison skill, the greater the chance that Poison status will be nullified when it goes to tick (like Orange Petals accomplish). Strong Poison such as DP/Lethal can overpower this.

I decided to train mine up on TC at the cost of lots of Cargo on LS.

Got to resist part. Dang thing kills the spectrals with its defense spray even if you spam all stop so I'm not gonna get resist above 110.

Someone asked about this:
View attachment 117428

Stew works.
Bane Dragons and Wildfire Ostards will occasionally retaliate against ranged attackers with a projectile Poison Breath that deals damage and inflicts up to Greater Poison (Lvl 3) status. The trick is to have the Spectral Spellbinders cast on the Bane Dragon/Wildfire Ostard within melee range (which avoids the retaliatory Poison Breath), and have the Bane Dragon/Wildfire Ostard powered down enough that it only attempts to inflict Lesser Poison (Lvl 1) with it's Poison Skin, which is too weak of a Poison level to affect Undead like Spectral Spellbinders. Basically the Bane/Wildfire Ostard has to go without Blackrock Stew for several days before they can train on Spectral Spellbinders without killing them with Poison.

Last edited: