• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

why ur pvpers so lame

O

olduofan

so im trying to do the fel thing i sux im stat i tell everyone im stat and get res killed over and over ?

this is why fel will never work for fractions there is no honor left just punk ass kids and ass holes...
have some honor help bring new pvpers if a person is stat DONT KILL THEM not much of a fight right ? you sux that bad you res kill?

either way this why UO is dieing no safe fails or honor in players

and yes I SUX BAD IN PVP but i try :thumbup1:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't say UO is dying. I've seen more old players around recently than I have in quite some time. What shard do you play, just out of curiosity.

P

Professor Moriarty

so im trying to do the fel thing i sux im stat i tell everyone im stat and get res killed over and over ?

this is why fel will never work for fractions there is no honor left just punk ass kids and ass holes...
have some honor help bring new pvpers if a person is stat DONT KILL THEM not much of a fight right ? you sux that bad you res kill?

Your problem here is stupidity not your lack of PvP skills. Do not res up where you can be res killed. If your blue take a moongate to tram, if your red take a moongate to somewhere were there is no fighting.

Its not about honor or UO dieing, its always been this way. Learn a leason and become a better PvP'er by getting a res in a safe spot, restock and then come back to the fight. Dont go get a res and run back to your get loot with a small amount of life, chnces are you will be killed again. Res up in a safe spot and recall home and restock.

S

Splup

Some people leave ppl who are in stats alone, some don't.

If you are in stats, you should stay in places where you don't get attacked. And if you are helping your friends in PvP when you are in stat, except to get killed. Cause if you are helping one side in fight, the other side will attack you.

But then ofc there's these dumbass people who just camp rezkills. On Europa there's a faction stealther who does pretty much nothing but camps rezkills. He switches in stealth between Jhelom and Moonglow moongates to see if any red factioneers go there to take a rez and rezkills.

I really don't get what he gets from it... It's not a fight and who cares about points? Ohh well, I don't care about points and I'm in stats already usually if I'm dead so I don't care that much if he kills me. But I really wonder why he's doing it.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I rate your post F for ****BALLS.

S

Smokin

Got love the abuse of the filter system that we were all warned about like 2 months ago, from the classy type of PVPers. Not all just those ones, you know who I am talking about.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your problem here is stupidity not your lack of PvP skills. Do not res up where you can be res killed. If your blue take a moongate to tram, if your red take a moongate to somewhere were there is no fighting.
QFT
Instead of calling the guy stupid, maybe you could say he's inexperienced. Admirable that you at least provided some advice too.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fel is what Fel is... you get exactly what you got when you go there...

Expect numerous deaths there... It is Fel... Why you cry about "honor" and fairness I'll never know... its Fel... criminals and murderers have NO HONOR... how the heck do you think they get to be criminals and murderers???

If you want honor in PvP then join your local RP community... typically they fight with a lot more Honor and purpose. Often they will consent to duels as well and are typically fair about it.

H

Helfgrim

Expect numerous deaths there... It is Fel... Why you cry about "honor" and fairness I'll never know... its Fel... criminals and murderers have NO HONOR... how the heck do you think they get to be criminals and murderers???

If you want honor in PvP then join your local RP community... typically they fight with a lot more Honor and purpose. Often they will consent to duels as well and are typically fair about it.
What he said!

G

Gowron

QFT
Instead of calling the guy stupid, maybe you could say he's inexperienced. Admirable that you at least provided some advice too.
I wouldn't call the OP stupid for attempting to get to the body and put himself in a position of being res killed, but I would do it for not learning his lesson and putting the rant in here.

Like it or not, you enter an area where combat is occuring, expect to be viewed as a combatant.

I prefer not to res kill the opposition, however, I'm not ignorant to the fact that a viable play style is to keep your opponent down. From what I've seen from other hard core PvP folks, it's their way of preventing another person from getting back into the fight and "encourage" them to leave the area and not come back for the rest of the fight.

Either way, war is a dirty business. PvP fights can get down right nasty, but it can be such a rush...even when I lose most of them.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Sounds like someone got rolled ina PvP zone! QQ more.

OK old DAoC quote,but is fitting here.

Learn from the mistakes you made,like allowing yourself to be rezz killed over and over. I mean it does take 2 to dance correct?

E

Eyes of Origin

Calling the OP stupid for lack of exp. is well, stupid. :thumbdown:

Olduofan... some ppl are like this, some arent so please dont put us all in the same group.
The reason some do it is to keep you in stat longer. Every time you're killed your 20mins starts over, this is normally a tactic used again someone who is really good at pvp.. keeping them down saves everyone a lot of trouble.

Others do it just to be an ass.. they suck so bad themselves they feel good about rking someone in stat. You know, how hard is it to kill a player with just over 400 skill points?
I never understood this one myself. It's no challenge to kill someone who has just rezzed, has 400 skill points and no armor on. It's the lamest way to kill someone, imho.

There are some who have honor, but not many.. again, dont assume we're all like this.. just not that many of us.

S

Smokin

Trouble is there use to be honor even with reds, I remember having a few battles with different reds 1on1 and others showed up that were red and attacked me, they would yelled at them the same way I would yell at blues that would show up.

Some would respect it others wouldn't but it was there.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

First I want to say, I'm glad you go out there and fight.
People have bad days and good days. My best suggestion is to keep doing it and try your best to have fun. Definitely join a PvP crew if you're not in one, you'll have a blast.

If you tell people you're stat it doesn't matter.. If you are orange, gray, or red you're a prime target in Fel.

Don't res in Fel, everybody loves to res kill because it's fun.

UO isn't dying... in fact it's player base it's slowly increasing with a lot of old players returning exclusively for PvP since it's cheap to get an imbued suit to match with the most elite gear. The playing field amongst players is very evened out. The only variable that divides that line of equality is the present gimp templates which will soon be nerfed and of course the "hackers"..

Depending on the player ability it is easy to be tactical so the opponents "hacks" are inferior if not a crutch for you.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Trouble is there use to be honor even with reds, I remember having a few battles with different reds 1on1 and others showed up that were red and attacked me, they would yelled at them the same way I would yell at blues that would show up.

Some would respect it others wouldn't but it was there.

There still are some honorable reds. Most of the time I just fight for the fight. I dont care so much about your loot. I always look of course but I rarely take. Alot of the time I will allow you to rez and take your stuff. This is of course in the sense of a PK.

Now as a PvPer I treat you how you treat me. Simple as that...I have been known to rezkill, dry loot (even if I dont need the stuff) just so you dont have it. It happens to me so I make it happen back.

OP: Sorry you got stuck being rezkilled. As a previous poster put, you might try going to a different locatoin to rez. If you are in stat you are a much easier kill and most people are in truth, asshats.

S

Scratch

stop calling it pvp when most players are riding dread war horses with bake kitsunes at their side while they shoot a heave hitting balanced bow for christ sake....its pvm at best and its fn lame atm since the devs are hard at work on pixel crack and not pvp balance

120 archery tactics taming lore is a 480 point template that a monkey can kill with....
pvp is ruined atm

archer are overpowered by far and is the reason why 88% of the fel players are playing them....learn to read the screen

O

olduofan

QFT

Calling the OP stupid for lack of exp. is well, stupid. :thumbdown:

Olduofan... some ppl are like this, some arent so please dont put us all in the same group.
The reason some do it is to keep you in stat longer. Every time you're killed your 20mins starts over, this is normally a tactic used again someone who is really good at pvp.. keeping them down saves everyone a lot of trouble.

Others do it just to be an ass.. they suck so bad themselves they feel good about rking someone in stat. You know, how hard is it to kill a player with just over 400 skill points?
I never understood this one myself. It's no challenge to kill someone who has just rezzed, has 400 skill points and no armor on. It's the lamest way to kill someone, imho.

There are some who have honor, but not many.. again, dont assume we're all like this.. just not that many of us.
stop calling it pvp when most players are riding dread war horses with bake kitsunes at their side while they shoot a heave hitting balanced bow for christ sake....its pvm at best and its fn lame atm since the devs are hard at work on pixel crack and not pvp balance

120 archery tactics taming lore is a 480 point template that a monkey can kill with....
pvp is ruined atm

archer are overpowered by far and is the reason why 88% of the fel players are playing them....learn to read the screen

Ok first off I would like to apologize for referring to all pvpers as some took it I shouldn't have worded the thread in that manner

Now to the ones that tried to help me constructively thank you very much to the ones Name calling this is exactly my point on why I feel some if not a lot of fel pvpers are immature and just seem to have a complete lack of respect for other humans.

I have been playing UO since 1999 Im very aware of res killing and how to use a moongate to get resed, I was just trying to be apart of the fel pvp thing and trying to learn and understand it better I don't mind dieing 100 times over and over trying to learn. The reason Im there is B/C I do not have the experience I need in pvp and I am very bored with UO and instead of closing my last account of 4 I thought I would try to learn pvp in the hopes of find new fun. Instead I find it to be completely imbalanced and full of ruthless immature players, its not the kinda of game I wont to play (watch the name calling on this 1). I simply wanted to try and become an OK pvper not good or the best just ok .I like the idea of RP duals I need to look into that and thank you all for your understanding I just don't think UO is for me any longer.

Just encase some want to now I play pac and My fighters and tradesmen are all maxed and have good armor not the best but good. I have over 200mil in checks and could get anther 300 to 500 mil in a week any time from Item sells.

Once again thanks to those who are trying to help and except my apologize to those I offended here :)