• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why tailors cannot put symbols on cloaths?

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

why cannot we have some symbols available to put on robes and shirts etc? it would be kewl for guild uniforms

R

RenaLynne

There really isnt anything unique about tailor made clothing/armor besides your name tag.:sad4:

R

RavenWinterHawk

I dont have a tailor, why should you be able to do something so creative?

I mean why dont you go as far as to say your tailor could specialize in jewel inlay on cloth. Or a blacksmith could put a jewel in the base of the sword.

HOW DARE YOU STEP OUT OF THE BOX!

If I cant do it through normal game play and am forced to create a character style just to compete.... I might as well quit.

Good idea.
maybe a rare drop could be different symbols.

R

RenaLynne

I dont have a tailor, why should you be able to do something so creative?

I mean why dont you go as far as to say your tailor could specialize in jewel inlay on cloth. Or a blacksmith could put a jewel in the base of the sword.

HOW DARE YOU STEP OUT OF THE BOX!

If I cant do it through normal game play and am forced to create a character style just to compete.... I might as well quit.

Good idea.
maybe a rare drop could be different symbols.

:D Funny...Rare drop for symbols? Damn girl, you come up with some good ones!

D

Doireann

Or a blacksmith could put a jewel in the base of the sword.
I want a jewel encrusted sword! *jumps up and down, her hand held high* Me! Me!

Maybe a rare drop could be different symbols.

A rare drop would make sense, and would probably make it more viable coding wise. I want a chaos symbol on my clothes.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jewel encrusted blades and cloths, symbols on cloths. That sounds awesome, hehe. I think I might be forced to make a tailor if that becomes possible :)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure it's possible within UO's animation system (as far as I know, items with symbols have their own art files ... someone correct me if I'm wrong?). The clients can hue items, but not pattern them.

R

Radun

I'm not sure it's possible within UO's animation system (as far as I know, items with symbols have their own art files ... someone correct me if I'm wrong?). The clients can hue items, but not pattern them.
yup
just to add one symbol, they would have to make new art/animation files for each type of clothing that it would be possible to put the symbol on.

plus it would also look really crappy.

and it's not exactly adding much to the game beyond the initial 'oh neat, i can make my character wear a spade symbol under his vet robe'.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh, speak for yourself about it not adding much. For starters, I dont wear a vet robe - or any robe for that fact as they are ugly. A tunic with something on it would be awesome and would please alot of people in alot of ways for a very long time :p

R

Radun

speak for myself? isn't that what i did?

you were the one claiming to speak for "alot of people".

It would be a waste of development resources for such a minor novelty.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be a waste of development resources for such a minor novelty.
And their doing soooo much with their resources as it is...

Im still annoyed they havnt made vet reward clothing in anything but robes yet.

R

RenaLynne

And their doing soooo much with their resources as it is...

Im still annoyed they havnt made vet reward clothing in anything but robes yet.
Yep, me too. How is it a waste of resources? What would be so impossible about adding new options for all the skills?