• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why should I play low chance at reward content when...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix why should I play low chance at reward content when I can just buy the rewards for real money from users Avatar, Avatar2, Avatar3, Avatar4, Avatar5, Avatar6, Avatar7?

Context: My friends and I have been champ-spawning quite a bit for several weeks. We are not getting legendary scrolls. One of my friends gave up and bought the scrolls he needed for his pet from the third party site that I am not allowed to mention here. He now has a cu sidhe that is fully 120-scrolled up.

@Kyronix if this is not what you wanted him to do, perhaps you should think about selling that stuff* in the official Ultima store.

... but better yet,
o increase the drop rate of the legendary scrolls
o introduce pet-only scrolls (see the "wish list" thread) to drop from *every* champ, boss, and over-grandmaster monster (because you have to wonder how those over-grandmaster monsters got that way -- must have been by eating those scrolls, right?)
o change the ratios of scrollbinding to something reasonable, say, four 105s to get a 110; four 110s to get a 115; two 115s to get a 120.
o locate the person/people on the Dev Team who have a gambling problem and do not let him/her/them set unreasonably low drop rates. If it's going to take more than two years to get the scrolls for one pet, that's too long. Get out your calculator and start with a reasonable time of play of a particular content to get the rewards.

*Somewhat edited to remove incidences of "omelet," "pancake," "waffle-hat"

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix why should I play low chance at reward content when I can just buy the rewards for real money from users Avatar, Avatar2, Avatar3, Avatar4, Avatar5, Avatar6, Avatar7?

Context: My friends and I have been champ-spawning quite a bit for several weeks. We are not getting legendary scrolls. One of my friends gave up and bought the scrolls he needed for his pet from the third party site that I am not allowed to mention here. He now has a cu sidhe that is fully 120-scrolled up.

@Kyronix if this is not what you wanted him to do, perhaps you should think about selling that stuff* in the official Ultima store.

... but better yet,
o introduce pet-only scrolls (see the "wish list" thread) to drop from *every* champ, boss, and over-grandmaster monster (because you have to wonder how those over-grandmaster monsters got that way -- must have been by eating those scrolls, right?)
o change the ratios of scrollbinding to something reasonable, say, four 105s to get a 110; four 110s to get a 115; two 115s to get a 120.
o locate the person/people on the Dev Team who have a gambling problem and do not let him/her/them set unreasonably low drop rates. If it's going to take more than two years to get the scrolls for one pet, that's too long. Get out your calculator and start with a reasonable time of play of a particular content to get the rewards.

I usually get a 120 scroll on 75% of spawns. I feel piper is quite easy, it just takes time to get what you need. PS's aren't supposed to be super easy to get.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Say what you want but @Laura_Gold is 100% correct. Why would someone spend hours on end trying to get the scroll they need when for between 1-4 bucks they can get the one they want in 30 seconds? also @Xris if I'm hunting for a macing 120 yeah spawns are great. Any useful 120's I better pack a lunch. That's fact.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Say what you want but @Laura_Gold is 100% correct. Why would someone spend hours on end trying to get the scroll they need when for between 1-4 bucks they can get the one they want in 30 seconds? also @Xris if I'm hunting for a macing 120 yeah spawns are great. Any useful 120's I better pack a lunch. That's fact.
If they made PS easier to get, then they'd just cost less on RMT sites. Once you can solo spawns scrolls become less of a hassle. People act like pets with 110 or 115s are junk, when they're not. It took me over 2 years after AoS launch to get a 120 mage PS. I know everyone wants all their pets scrolled out, but it's going to cost you time, gold, or rl cash. The system isn't broken because you can't get what you want. I want the roof to be solo'able on 1 acct, but I know it's not going to happen. Instead I buy most the legendaries I need. A few of us have been mentioning a cross shard trading post which would make things more available for low pop shards. I understand people's frustration with trying to scroll pets on low pop shards, but don't think increasing PS drop rate is the answer. Make an xshard trading hub.

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not quite sure I understand the logic on this. Legendary scrolls are meant to be more rare and take longer to get, surely? That's where they get their value from. That's why it's more satisfying when they drop. There's certain stuff in the game that should be rare.

If one of your group decides he'd rather use his real money to buy the scrolls then that's kind of his prerogative (no judgement from me - I've done it too). It's the nuclear option that we all have - I kind of like having it there, but some don't - it shouldn't really influence the game though. Just because I can buy an ethereal mount from a gold site for a couple of bucks, it doesn't mean I should demand that it be possible to stroll out to Moonglow graveyard and expect for one to drop off a skeleton.

I believe the new pet system was introduced to be a powerscroll sink and encourage people to run champs again, which is pretty much what it has achieved. Why complicate things with pet-only scrolls?

It sucks that your crew have had poor drops. Rather than ranting on the forum and asking for the game to be changed, have you considered looking into how you might be able to clear spawns quicker for more drop chances in the same time frame?

I don't really see that there's an issue in drop rates here, the more significant issue is that essentially 98% of the content in the game is redundant because it doesn't drop loot that is useful to anyone.

Ikeelu

Visitor
I expressed this on the official forum. Something like 900 scrolls obtained and not a single 120 Anatomy or Tactics. Thank god for scroll binders. However now I’m onto a different conquest and wonder if it’s worth my time... looking at you Doom.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only weird part is that Broadsword religiously refuses to pick up any of that money..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This^^^ and I still maintain that before the Pet Revamp Wrestling scrolls dropped left and right because NO ONE wanted them..... but AFTER the Pet Revamp you can't get one to drop for crap it's all 120 Mace Fighting... why? Because NO ONE wants that.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This^^^ and I still maintain that before the Pet Revamp Wrestling scrolls dropped left and right because NO ONE wanted them..... but AFTER the Pet Revamp you can't get one to drop for crap it's all 120 Mace Fighting... why? Because NO ONE wants that.
Obviously because they adjusted the drop rates of the ones that are needed. There is zero doubt about this and anyone who does spawns consistently knows this. Those who claim it is false either does not do spawns or are..... adjusting the truth to fit their agenda. Sometimes you really have to wonder about the claims that BS is involved in the RMT sites. :tinhat:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think a lot of people forget how hard/expensive PS were for years following AoS launch. I think the PS system now is quite easy. Again, a place to trade across shards would help people access more PS's.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why date around when you can buy a bride from China?

Dont see how this is a UO game play issue. :)
Then your being naive. Getting scrolls and leveling up is not an end game for most. It's required to to reach the end game. Can you honestly say you don't see the allure that for about 25 bucks you can fully scroll out your pet or characters instead of spending weeks (if not months) worth of playing time collecting the same scrolls?

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well I mean.... sure, you can go ahead and play the game or take the short-cut and spend your hard earned money. If they made PS easier to acquire, then well, they would just cost less "real money". This logic is just silly. Why do we have to play the game to get any reward if we can just buy it with real money? because we want to play the game.... do you want to take short-cuts? go ahead, you're free to do so.

And by the way, if you are buying stuff from "that website" you're wasting your money and paying more than you should, that website is overpriced.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then your being naive. Getting scrolls and leveling up is not an end game for most. It's required to to reach the end game. Can you honestly say you don't see the allure that for about 25 bucks you can fully scroll out your pet or characters instead of spending weeks (if not months) worth of playing time collecting the same scrolls?
To me, cheating is cheating. Just because the game people allow you to pay real money to cheat, doesnt make it any less cheating.

Another game is not UO.

And nothing wrong with kicking back... sending the real world away with its stresses and bothers... and playing a game. Its not "work" to me. Tell me again, how that's naïve?

Big difference between vets and new people that want everything instantly, it seams.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And by the way, if you are buying stuff from "that website" you're wasting your money and paying more than you should, that website is overpriced.
yeah there's a lot better option than Avatar lol...he's just the one ingame spamming alla time

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

... but better yet,

Do you ever wonder why that is the ONLY promotion site that is not squelched/banned in UO?
I think they are selling these goods - just not officially.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they made PS easier to get, then they'd just cost less on RMT sites. Once you can solo spawns scrolls become less of a hassle. People act like pets with 110 or 115s are junk, when they're not. It took me over 2 years after AoS launch to get a 120 mage PS. I know everyone wants all their pets scrolled out, but it's going to cost you time, gold, or rl cash. The system isn't broken because you can't get what you want. I want the roof to be solo'able on 1 acct, but I know it's not going to happen. Instead I buy most the legendaries I need. A few of us have been mentioning a cross shard trading post which would make things more available for low pop shards. I understand people's frustration with trying to scroll pets on low pop shards, but don't think increasing PS drop rate is the answer. Make an xshard trading hub.
On a low pop shard just go do the spawns. Anyone want to team up to run some? PM me. I have shard shields and sampires I can move to other shards. It goes way faster with 2ppl. Split the scrolls.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Big thing they need to fix, in my book... are power scroll spawn.

A few years back it wasnt hard to find what you needed.

Then they change the pet system...

Combine that with a draining away population.

It all adds up to a massive shortage to a growing demand. Like anything else, price goes in to orbit so newer players are left in the dust OR they are buying gold with cash. Amazing UO store doesnt start selling gold, higher then anyone would pay, just so new people can cheat. :oops: BUT... wouldnt that be cool to solve a couple issues at the same time and make PSs spawn inside treasure chests? OR SOMETHING! Just saying. Honest game play shouldn't be with a credit card number.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL, I love the stratics conspiracy theorists. "The devs purposely changed the drop rate of certain scrolls just cause you have pets" and the earth is flat and aliens built the pyramids and the tooth fairy just gave me five bucks. LOLOLOLOL

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Can you honestly say you don't see the allure that for about 25 bucks you can fully scroll out your pet or characters instead of spending weeks (if not months) worth of playing time collecting the same scrolls?
We do still need TONS of PS for our pets, but we feel ZERO allure to go and buy them for real money. When just buying what you need, where is the satisfaction? Sure it may seem like a grind at times, but when that 120 Wrestling drops (and you manage to herd it to safety), it gives a real good feel! And the same goes for the OP suggestion, if you can get 120s THAT easy, with just binding up a few 110s, where is the achievement? Now, it is a little work, but you can get there.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like playing the game, earning things I need, if its hard to get, that fine to me. its better than giving out like candy and make worthless. one thing I don't like people using 10 EJ/endless cheating accounts to get an item\loot while im using one char. it makes me feel like quitting the game.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do you ever wonder why that is the ONLY promotion site that is not squelched/banned in UO?
I think they are selling these goods - just not officially.
I happen to know from personal conversation with Mesanna that they did ban him repeatedly over and over and over tons of times for a week straight... and he just kept making more accounts and more accounts and more accounts ...... finally they tried other things to get rid of him and put him in the "help" channel for newbs but that didn't stop him... so obviously he's making money at it or he'd have quit long long time ago and wouldn't still be at it. I know it's a sore subject for her but honestly, she did try.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I happen to know from personal conversation with Mesanna that they did ban him repeatedly over and over and over tons of times for a week straight... and he just kept making more accounts and more accounts and more accounts ...... finally they tried other things to get rid of him and put him in the "help" channel for newbs but that didn't stop him... so obviously he's making money at it or he'd have quit long long time ago and wouldn't still be at it. I know it's a sore subject for her but honestly, she did try.
yeah, the only way Broadsword can stop them is to sell everything they sell, but cheaper. but if the site owner is duping items, they probably still couldn't do it.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I expressed this on the official forum. Something like 900 scrolls obtained and not a single 120 Anatomy or Tactics. Thank god for scroll binders. However now I’m onto a different conquest and wonder if it’s worth my time... looking at you Doom.
Spawning must not have been that hard considering you acquired 900 scrolls. You claimed you could never finish a spawn due to pkers then said this:

This game is broken AF for a returning player. I got my feels and my fix. I’ll be gone soon. I can go on an endless grind in Diablo or Borderlands and not deal with griefers.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Strange they allowed EJ Accounts on Gen Chat and in FEL, Spamming and Spawn Cams.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL, I love the stratics conspiracy theorists. "The devs purposely changed the drop rate of certain scrolls just cause you have pets" and the earth is flat and aliens built the pyramids and the tooth fairy just gave me five bucks. LOLOLOLOL
Surprises me that someone who supposedly does spawns does not see it. Perhaps you don't spawn as much as you claim. Or perhaps you have an agenda yourself. You are dead wrong if you think they didn't tinker with the drop rates.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Surprises me that someone who supposedly does spawns does not see it. Perhaps you don't spawn as much as you claim. Or perhaps you have an agenda yourself. You are dead wrong if you think they didn't tinker with the drop rates.

We caught em!!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Well I mean.... sure, you can go ahead and play the game or take the short-cut and spend your hard earned money. If they made PS easier to acquire, then well, they would just cost less "real money". This logic is just silly. Why do we have to play the game to get any reward if we can just buy it with real money? because we want to play the game.... do you want to take short-cuts? go ahead, you're free to do so.

What is really silly for a lot of people, is this question:
--How much money you make per hour in your work? Likely at least the minimum wage of $14-15? And even more likely anywhere from $25-$100 (as a plumber thats easy). Thats the RL $ in just ONE hour.
--To the spawns will take you what? 10 hours? 20? 40? 100? To get useful PS. Not Macing..
--To a lot of players, time is money : Spending $15-20-30 to fully 120 PS one pet is usually LESS than one hour's work. Compare that with Champ spawning in Fel for many hours, weeks, months to get some really useful PS.
--PS for pets is NOT end-game content, and pets are not end-game, they are a means to an end.
--This is real-life logic, taking into account real people with real work and time obligations.
--Lots of people (lots of new subs as I've seen also), go the shortcut of RMT. I don't think they are unreasonable. They have the above reasons for it. I am sure they do not enjoy cheating, but they don't have weeks, or months free, and they have other things to do, plus they want to do their taming play.
--Yes buying PS from RMT IS cheating in a way. I hate it, detest it, never done it and will never do. But I also enjoy being a bum in this game. But thats me. I hate fancy items and gear unless I find some in game. I also hate the goofy Hawkwind Robe looks and don't want to buy one (unless they change it to a doublet, or other look lol). Other people feel differently. I don't blame them for cheating with buying RMT items including PS, ESPECIALLY PS for pets. I do have a bunch of good PS that I got from spawns, but not using them, due to an unstable pet system, and most importantly, lack of time to play lol.
You create a spec pet, 120 PS, then the ner-fhovercraft comes by and oops, pet is junked. They should allow us to RESPEC pets, one way or another, also by the way. That would make it safer perhaps to apply pet specs and PS more comfortably. Still waiting..
--Also, not everyone has the time to do these spawns for hours, weeks, months to get the correct ones to show up, and not every tamer has the desire or feel the fun doing them.
Also you mention hard earned money?
--Hard earned money = $20? --> Hard to find TIME to get all 120's for one Cu translated to US dollars = 20 hours at the least (bad RND) X $25/hour average --> $500 ??? Lots more hard earned money to do the spawn time way. That is how most people think about it, and it is real-life related.
--That is why RMT - PS is a reality, and MANY people are likely doing it.
--The drop rate for trully pet PS is LOW at best, if you talk to more than two people. The first thing the should do as a quickie band-aid is to change the "Pet Useful PS" PUP drop rate ASAP, and let people know when that happens.
--Many other solutions have been mentioned elsewhere is Stratics to this issue. Including EA/BS getting onboard the PS RMT game with the UO in game store. As things are, due to the great need for PS for pets THEY have created, someone ELSE is making good US$ out of it. UO needs the $ anyway. What are they waiting for?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I doubt that he does spawns. He is PVP, enjoys a different honorable game which is ok. The few PVP guys that do spawns are rare, and they like to be protector that is ok, and even fewer are PK, that is a different ballgame.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Average is 1 120 scoll on 12 scrolls id say and i have done 1k more spawn...always have a protector with justice helps a lot because you get 12 scrolls per spawn. Yeah sometimes you can do 3 spawn in a row with no 120 but there is other times you get 3-5 120 in one. So if you are looking for a 120 tactics only your chance to have it is kinda rare yeah....

But you can sell the pink scrolls you collect and all other 110-115 and 120 even some drop from champion and you acquire your 120 tactics fast.

All 120 drop equally trust me it s just rng....

For sure if you do spawn with 6 guild members and receive only one scroll it could be long to collect so them 2-3 peoples and you will see money come fast... For sure you will get raid sometimes...

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
All 120 drop equally trust me it s just rng....

For sure if you do spawn with 6 guild members and receive only one scroll it could be long to collect so them 2-3 peoples and you will see money come fast... For sure you will get raid sometimes...
Agreed, soloing spawns yields many many more 120 PS's. If you can't solo, then try for smallest group with a protector.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah, the only way Broadsword can stop them is to sell everything they sell, but cheaper. but if the site owner is duping items, they probably still couldn't do it.
And then, unless they offered better service than him, they still wouldnt effect his business...Like, umm, waiting 48 hrs for a debit card to clear the bank LOL
Whereas, so I am told, the other site will take the money, and have it delivered to your shard (not yours, Vic :p) within 30 mins
I don't think EA/Origin/BS has the mindset to be able to provide service like that.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And then, unless they offered better service than him, they still wouldnt effect his business...Like, umm, waiting 48 hrs for a debit card to clear the bank LOL
Whereas, so I am told, the other site will take the money, and have it delivered to your shard (not yours, Vic :p) within 30 mins
I don't think EA/Origin/BS has the mindset to be able to provide service like that.
To be fair, personally I have only had to wait 48 hours once, and that was when my card got hacked from my wife buying something from overseas (still a sore spot with me lol) and they changed the number. The next purchase, and all since have been delivered instantly.

Dantes

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I recently undertook this whole 'new taming system' thing, and while the price of EVERY scroll pets eat has gone up substantially from prior to the change - the pets are also worth their weight in gold. More so than the cost of the scrolls after you include the time for training and seeking out high stat pets to begin with. The real issue isn't the price of scrolls, the drop rates, anything like that - it's gold inflation from years of duping and scripting. If everyone banded together and decided "NOPE, PS prices are too damn high, the rent is TOO DAMN HIGH" and just didn't purchase any PS's, prices would stabilize back to a reasonable level. The main problem is that quite a few of people have plats on top of plats, so a few extra mil for a few PS's only adds up after a decade.

Problem isn't with power scrolls, drop rates, anything like that. Problem is gold inflation - unless you're on a ghost town shard. Even then, can find someone with shields and give them gold for scrolls from Atl, they can bring them back to you.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be fair, personally I have only had to wait 48 hours once, and that was when my card got hacked from my wife buying something from overseas (still a sore spot with me lol) and they changed the number. The next purchase, and all since have been delivered instantly.
I used to only buy gametime and not save the card info. Suddenly I had to wait a day or more for mine to process. It's easier just to enter the info into account management now and delete the info.

I recently undertook this whole 'new taming system' thing, and while the price of EVERY scroll pets eat has gone up substantially from prior to the change - the pets are also worth their weight in gold. More so than the cost of the scrolls after you include the time for training and seeking out high stat pets to begin with. The real issue isn't the price of scrolls, the drop rates, anything like that - it's gold inflation from years of duping and scripting. If everyone banded together and decided "NOPE, PS prices are too damn high, the rent is TOO DAMN HIGH" and just didn't purchase any PS's, prices would stabilize back to a reasonable level. The main problem is that quite a few of people have plats on top of plats, so a few extra mil for a few PS's only adds up after a decade.

Problem isn't with power scrolls, drop rates, anything like that. Problem is gold inflation - unless you're on a ghost town shard. Even then, can find someone with shields and give them gold for scrolls from Atl, they can bring them back to you.
If people didn't scroll every pet in their stable prices would flatten out.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I used to only buy gametime and not save the card info. Suddenly I had to wait a day or more for mine to process. It's easier just to enter the info into account management now and delete the info.

If people didn't scroll every pet in their stable prices would flatten out.
I just quit playing and working up pets... saves me headache and stress over it.

As for paying for the accounts I never play roulette with my accounts. They are always paid and on time. Every once in a great while they try to bill my CC from overseas... this makes my card blocked... and me a very unhappy person... I don't know why they keep doing that but they do... though I haven't had any issue in a long time.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like i said, bring back the Khal Ankur method of guaranteed, shard-bound 120s. That way, those who want to farm 120s on a ghost shard and whisk them away to Atlantic for sale, can still do the usual Fel champs. But those who actually play on a ghost shard, can do the guaranteed, shard-bound 120 Champ, and get their PS that way, even for scrolling their pets. You may occasionally see an Atlantic person transfer over to a ghost shard so they can scroll up a pet, then transfer back over to Atlantic to sell the pet, but there'll be much less people that do that, than flat out transferring the PS themselves over to Atlantic.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Seriously? This was the attempt they claimed to try?

Well I guess we shouldn't expect much from Mesanna anyway.

A genuine attempt to stop him would involve a ban on the accounts that actually sell items, not the ones advertising his website.

For example, take 50 bucks out of petty cash and buy several items from him on various shards at various times over a 3-4 week period. They could log the information from all of the accounts used for each transaction. Should be enough to cross match his name and all of the accounts associated with him. This same approach could be used for the other RMT sites to ban and delete their duped goods too.

But some people think they're in cahoots with each other, which would explain the lack of effort.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seriously? This was the attempt they claimed to try?

Well I guess we shouldn't expect much from Mesanna anyway.

A genuine attempt to stop him would involve a ban on the accounts that actually sell items, not the ones advertising his website.

For example, take 50 bucks out of petty cash and buy several items from him on various shards at various times over a 3-4 week period. They could log the information from all of the accounts used for each transaction. Should be enough to cross match his name and all of the accounts associated with him. This same approach could be used for the other RMT sites to ban and delete their duped goods too.

But some people think they're in cahoots with each other, which would explain the lack of effort.
Why don't you just suggest that to her... @Mesanna... or @Kyronix would be more likely to read that here...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
As I've said before other games have had similar problems and they have found solutions, it's easier to just say 'well we tried one thing and it didn't work so we gave up!' If they had bothered putting anything into a properly conceived new player experience they could have tackled the problems, some other games segregate new players in their own area for a reason. Forcing a certain level of skill and completion of set quests to move on to the game proper can deter gold sellers. It's too late now, they don't have the manpower, resources or desire to stop this.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So someone find out who he is and report him to the IRS. If you think he's paying taxes on that money he's making, you're all high. the only way he could remain legal is if he has a legally binding contract with BS to sell that product for real life funds, he either has that contract, or he's at risk of prison.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im pretty sure Avatar AKA UltimaOnline codes has ties with broadsword or EA, pretty sure they are getting a kickback, one this dude has been around forever and they have done nothing about him, two they have not shut down the website and three I have ignored every aspect of that name but yet he still pops up in my chat.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And what do people think EA would do to BS for allowing UO to close all those PAID RMT sites?