• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why ( put your Class here )?

Sawo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, why did you end up playing your class? What do you love and what do you hate with it? Please specify both PvE and PvP enviroment.

K

Kunou

I play a Dark Templar. I don't have much experience in PvP yet, but I absolutely love the class in PvE. Amazing survivability for a hybrid class. Basically you're a tank with more life drain abilities than you can shake a 10 foot pole at. Basically if you hit someone, you get life, if they hit you, you get life. It's not enough to be overpowered in my mind, small amounts, usually like 4-7 points, but it adds up and definitely keeps you going a bit longer.

Sawo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like my Bear Shaman. My beta toon was Dark Templar but im glad I made Bear Shaman, its awesome. I like playing healing classes with good non-casting damage ability, and BS is what it is at best. Only minus is lack of weapons, meaning lack of variety, but in other hand, 2H blunt is manly weapon :thumbup1:

+ Can take it, damage from gang, PvE
+ Single targets drop fast, PvE
+ Healings are damage buffs and with feats your HoT's beat most damage input
+ Hard to beat in 1 on 1 PvP, even for higher level one ( maybe this is why BS gangings are rare, peoples have learn :gee: )

- This class will be nerfed (with feats, mana is unlimited basically and HoT's beat other players damage)
- Same healings, many level ahead till better

S

Sizlack

I'm playing a Necro...dunno why I like the class, its very squishy and seems to be kinda underpowered IMO. Maybe its having an entourage of pets that makes it so fun.

dp_dropout

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ToS all the way. (Well I got all the way to 80 before they started changing our feats.)

Brilliant class to play in PvE:

• Can solo pretty much anything in multiple numbers if your build is decent. 3-4 lvl 82 mobs at the same time and still end up with more than 50% health. But it all depends on your chosen features.
  • Mix of healer and dps in groups. I out-dps most dps classes and heal at the same time. Just need to watch that aggro.
  • Female ToS at work looks amazing. Male ToS looks like he has some trouble in his pants somewhere...
One downside: with my lvl80 +1080hp buff active I only have 3800-4000hp, depending on the equipment I use/wear, so I really can't be hit too much.
Since they nerfed active blocking, this can be a problem during epic raids and general grouping since healing creates aggro.

H

Heathen

- This class will be nerfed (with feats, mana is unlimited basically and HoT's beat other players damage)
- Same healings, many level ahead till better
The developers if they do play the class should never nerf it. Barbarians can 2 shot them - assassins who use active block, jousting, and a few other techniques can bring them down easily etc., etc.

Shameful to even suggest a nerf. After you get annihilated consistently from havoc demos, ToS's, etc. in siege and mini games restate your opinion please - until then watch what you say.

Most of us don't even believe the devs even play these classes or have time to even fix the endless feat issues with them - least of all posts stating queries such as "devs please respond" are ignored all over the aoc community forums.

Point is, if they actually do read Stratics, I would see it being a sad day they would follow your comment. If they read aoc forums, then why in god's name are there no responses to legitimate threads?

Bane server alone has begged openly for a final ruleset to their haywire pvp system - we never even got a reply to some very mature outstanding posts directed at a dev response.

Caveat - careful what you say - someone might read it here.

H

Heathen

[*]Mix of healer and dps in groups. I out-dps most dps classes and heal at the same time. Just need to watch that aggro.
It's examples like that that have made people leave the game. Why should you ever out dps a dps class? The game is presently unbalanced incomplete and feat broken to say the least.

Do I enjoy the game? Yes I love it - but I came from Vanguard where this type of mess is expected. I have more faith in Funcom - at least until Warhammer releases.

dp_dropout

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's examples like that that have made people leave the game. Why should you ever out dps a dps class?
People should stop having pissing contests all the time. Maybe instead of whining about other classes, think about features for a minute. I invested feature points so I have huge dps. At 80 I respecced for pure group play, with shorter heal timers, larger heal area's etc which means my dps has almost halved.
Besides, FC never claimed their classes would fit the same old healer/tank/off tank profiles. Getting a bit tired of WoW and other whiners who want everything the same as in their precious little game. A ToS is not a pure healer. People should read the ToS class description.

If jealousy of another class makes you quit a game, there are other issues that need taken care off first. rolleyes:

Sawo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The developers if they do play the class should never nerf it. Barbarians can 2 shot them - assassins who use active block, jousting, and a few other techniques can bring them down easily etc., etc.

Shameful to even suggest a nerf. After you get annihilated consistently from havoc demos, ToS's, etc. in siege and mini games restate your opinion please - until then watch what you say.

Most of us don't even believe the devs even play these classes or have time to even fix the endless feat issues with them - least of all posts stating queries such as "devs please respond" are ignored all over the aoc community forums.

Point is, if they actually do read Stratics, I would see it being a sad day they would follow your comment. If they read aoc forums, then why in god's name are there no responses to legitimate threads?

Bane server alone has begged openly for a final ruleset to their haywire pvp system - we never even got a reply to some very mature outstanding posts directed at a dev response.

Caveat - careful what you say - someone might read it here.
I say what I want and do not take anything back and cant agree about anything you just said. Of course you get pwned if you have "one way tactic" to all and you truly suck if you let anyone 2 shot kill you lol. Learn to play your BS and you do fine, no, better.

S

SWATJester

I play guardian. I love having huge resists that simply make large amounts of damage disappear, and if you play it right your damage and CC are pretty freaking good. Plus, having over 10,000 HP (with proper armor) is nice too.

I

Ironforge

I have a couple of toons that i have gotten to 80.

I love my guardian. Now i have a Tempest built guardian. I love the increased damage and AOE that i do with my pole arm. I also love having the protection of the full plate armor, especially my gem slotted full plate. Now this type build is great as a support role in a raid and PvE configuration and is great for solo leveling but does not fair well in a PvP situation or as a primary tank.

My barb i like due to the DPS and AOE that he can dsih out. I use him as a dual wielder and absolutely love him. He is good in PvP with hiding abilities and can be an essential part of a group for raids and leveling. Now he is not the best solo leveler if you get into multiple mob pulls. With his capability with his bow he can usually pull single mobs but if you get too many more he is in for a world of hurt because of his ligfht armor. He fairs a little better now with custom armor.

G

GoldSquadGirl

Conqueror is like crack, you can't ever get enough of it ... even tho you know you're just gonna die.

I love the animations, and the female battlecries ... sound ... like ...

They sound like I would sound IRL, if I were trying to sound scary, and totally failing, lol.

I love my heroic call banner so much, I play with it when noone is looking.

The formations, commands, auras, and orders (group buffs) may be weak, but even if they never become what they were in beta, I can't play without them.

Dual-Wield Conqueror, "Now and Forever".

Raaarrrr-Warrrr-ARRRR!