• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why Not Do this?

G

I'm not "greedy"

You cannot forget "envy"

I always tip! in a skill house cause i know they try there best.

I

independent117

lol you made me do all that for one word thread lol....well i would but all of my accounts are at 0.00 lol but im working oon it

I

imported_Qute Pi

Couple weeks ago on my bio I put
Support properties you visit: TIP!
I don't know if it works tho. lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TIP !

[/ QUOTE ]

I always tip. The amount I tip varies from house to house and day to day, based on the level of service. The bare minimum I will tip is the $1 per plate of food I eat that the buffets cost, with as much added to it as I can afford if the hosts there do other things besides just feed their guests and dont' stay afk the rest of the time. Stuff like staying on top of hiring the repairman without having to be reminded 10 times, having a maid on the lot so that they don't harp at players to pick up their plates every 5 minutes, doing serenade rounds once every 30 minutes or so, or at least in the dining area of the house so that avatars get help with greening while they eat, stuff like that. I've been known to tip as much as 50 simoleans per green cycle I am at a lot if hosts actually take the time to do all the things I listed, which is way above what the cost of the food itself is, but I won't reward players for doing the bare minimum.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not "greedy"

You cannot forget "envy"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm forgetful sometimes. Sorry to anyone who I didn't tip! It wasn't a conscious thought.

M

Mr Me

This is how I will be running my house! If I get these Questions!

(1) Can I have some Food NOW!
(2) Can I get some Songs before I go to work in 5 Sim Min
(3) Yoo Foo
(4) Ect. Rude Comments

They will all be answer with YES AFTER A TIP!!!

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not "greedy"

You cannot forget "envy"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm forgetful sometimes. Sorry to anyone who I didn't tip! It wasn't a conscious thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens, usually if i forget and I remember i forgot, I double tip. But it's hard to remember when you forgot, lol.

G

Even for me Mr. Me? I didn't realize you were running a cash bar now... lol

I tip all houses I go to. Skill houses the most since they are not making any money from me being there. Money houses can jam and such while they are working their lot. But, I even tip there a bit. Hell I even try to tip the restaurant job while I am there just so I can say I tip at EVERY house... lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

(3) Yoo Foo
(4) Ect. Rude Comments

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all those things, except the serenade one....if somebody is close to having to go to sim work, I have no problem serenading them and find that more often times than not they either tip on their way out to the cab, or they come back and tip after their shift is over if the whole reason they are going to work in the first place is that they are flat broke and therefore cannot tip before they go. I'd consider it mean to withhold an interaction that takes me 2 seconds to cue up because they can't afford to tip *before* I do it but rather have to wait till after. That kind of business practice doesn't engender much loyalty from your customers, either IMO.

G

This is why I advocate charging in the first place, relying on tips to survive seems silly to me. I'm happier when they charge me up front cuz I'm notorious for forgetting. Really its not anything I do on purpose and sometimes I actually do remember. *shrugs*

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

(3) Yoo Foo
(4) Ect. Rude Comments

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA I LOVE IT LOL

M

Mr Me

Yes I have no problem with Singin to someone before they go to work..But if you just started to cook..You can finish and make it to them to sing before 5 sim Min..Then you get the "OMG You all are mean"

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

This is why I advocate charging in the first place, relying on tips to survive seems silly to me. I'm happier when they charge me up front cuz I'm notorious for forgetting. Really its not anything I do on purpose and sometimes I actually do remember. *shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I really don't mind when houses charge up front. I don't know why more don't... I mean I do, since everyone will freak out and no go there, but I don't see a problem with it at all. People need money, you know.

G

You know you love me. Besides, I think i have tipped your house the most out of all the other houses combined... lol

And to think he hasn't even taken me out to dinner and a movie first... lol

G

I usually forget, but then again, I'm usually not on long enough to need to green and that is usually when I will look for the tip jar.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not "greedy"

You cannot forget "envy"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens, usually if i forget and I remember i forgot, I double tip. But it's hard to remember when you forgot, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who has become another error 23 queen (would be funny if it wasn't true LOL) I have started writing down when it's happened and I can't get back into the house I was in to go back and tip. Then the next day I look at the list and distribute the tips accordingly before I start skilling for the day again.

M

Mr Me

We tried charging for food but We had to many who said the couldnt afford Even $1..We spent 2 hrs taking plates to them so we gave up!

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

You know you love me. Besides, I think i have tipped your house the most out of all the other houses combined... lol

And to think he hasn't even taken me out to dinner and a movie first... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

well mr me....what do you think are ya gonna do that dinner thing lol

J

JRock

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agreed.

G

Yeah yeah yeah... who paid to fix your floors you little son of a gun (too bad i can't say what I wanted to say... lol) lol

To be honest, I tip whenever I can. I may be broke but then I do things to help out in other ways. I'll serenade the visitors or clean the plates. Just cause you might be broke or want to hold onto the little bit of cash that you have... you can tip in other ways.

I will be at your house tonight Mr. Me and I expect dinner and a movie... lol

M

Mr Me

YoU Know I will honestly Say.. One week if it had not of been for Duncan We would of closed out Business that week for 3 days..We Buy 50k a week just to run the house and 5 days into the 50k one week we were broke..Duncan Came to the Aid of our house... Duncan is a killer guy...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll always be against it because the sims who will charge upfront will be the very ones who do the bare mininum but then charge the prices that the sims who do the 'extra' stuff get from me. I don't want anybody else to decide for me what the value of the service I received at the lot is, and I think that alot of players would boycott houses that did this, putting the ones that continued to advocate tipping higher up on the list, so really it would be a form of self-sabbotage. Players just need to be more conscientious to remember, or to write it down when it dawns on them that they neglected to tip somewhere so that they can go back and correct the mistake. Mistakes happen and as long as they are made up for then it 'all comes out in the wash' so to speak. That's one of the reasons though that I made the thread about the general food fund a while back, so that a player could enter a set amount at the beginning of their playing day, and regardless of error 23s or things beyond their control, every house they visit would be paid accordingly, but the idea still needs alot of refining, as pointed out in that thread, so I am still working on it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes I have no problem with Singin to someone before they go to work..But if you just started to cook..You can finish and make it to them to sing before 5 sim Min..Then you get the "OMG You all are mean"

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how close it is to time for the shifts to start. Something that might come in handy is to have your serenader and your cook sims to be separate sims......that way you can do both at once.....cook HC on one sim and serenade with the other, then in the end everybody's happy. Plus if that 2nd sim is on a premium account then he'd be adding to your VH and you'd get even more benefit out of him yourself, unless he was a roomie sim, but if all he was doing was serenading he wouldn't have to be as long as your roomie/owner sim was the one who was designated to cook.

G

I think them saying they cant afford $1 is a copout. I never enter a skill house unless I have enough money to pay for a plate of food. A non skilled player may only make a few bux off an object but its better then walking around with a 0 balance expecting everyone to take care of you. Free accounts cant get on skill lots and even new players start with $500, so theres really no reason to refuse to pay for food. I would tell them to have a seat at the campfire and enjoy some free marshmellows or hope you have time to eat 70+ pieces of cake!

M

Mr Me

And you know Honestly This is how we feel..We love out House We Love our guest..BuT If You can tip please do...If You cant...Ok! But You know You can help by cleaning a bit or singing to guest to give host a break..Every Little bit helps

I

imported_Trudymac

I tip, and I clean the shower and the toilet every time every time I use them (if they need it). I tip at least 25 per greening cycle.

I agree that people should tip, and it saddens me to sit there skilling or working and watching people leave dirty plates and not tip. Yes, I do tend to keep an eye on that, even though I am not a house owner or room mate (yet). I do this because I don't really want to associate with people who take but don't give anything in return, except for dirty plates.

I can understand why this happens on TC3 a bit more - because there are a lotta newbies who don't know the customs. However, on EA Land, I tend to be much less forgiving because I think the percentage of people who know about the custom of tipping is probably significantly higher.

I

imported_Danny Dots

Whats the slandered tipping rate these days anyway? I usually tip between 30-50 depending on how long I'm there, how many times I greened ect... I guess i would tip more than 50 if I was on a lot for hours.

G

The fact of the matter is, everyone needs to help out. If you are at a house for hours on end, tip something. Skill house owners like Mr. Me who really do a great job of taking care of his visitors don't make anything from us. Do whatever you can to help out.

Mr. Me. Just to let you know, I helped you out because you are a great person and I appreciate everything you do for this city. This is why I am only charging you 50% intrest on the money i gave ya. If you don't start paying up soon, Vinnie is going to come pay you a visit... lmao

Just kidding Mr. Me. For friends I will give them my last simolean (or EMU... i like that name).

M

Mr Me

OH ANY BTW... I may be looking for roomies soon!! If anyones intrested!!

G

Watch out roomies... he runs a tight ship. If you don't pull your own weight... he will shoot your kneecaps out... lol

Plus, he will steal all your simoleans while you are down... lol

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

Watch out roomies... he runs a tight ship. If you don't pull your own weight... he will shoot your kneecaps out... lol

Plus, he will steal all your simoleans while you are down... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

lol from personal experiance, its pretty good owner/ (roomie at the time lol)

G

Heh, I tip everywhere I go, but I've yet to hear anyone say "Thanks for the tip". I've left as much as $1000 in tips. If you don't believe me, ask Pacer or Jem-Girl. LOL! I rewarded both for their great hospitality and helping me get 2 more friends. I was desperate for more social interactions. XD

I normally tip $50-200, depending on the service. The smallest tip I've ever left was $20. I'm too carefree with my pocket change.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

Heh, I tip everywhere I go, but I've yet to hear anyone say "Thanks for the tip". I've left as much as $1000 in tips. If you don't believe me, ask Pacer or Jem-Girl. LOL! I rewarded both for their great hospitality and helping me get 2 more friends. I was desperate for more social interactions. XD

I normally tip $50-200, depending on the service. The smallest tip I've ever left was $20. I'm too carefree with my pocket change.

[/ QUOTE ]I have been thanked a few times. Generally not though, and it doesn't bother me because I assume they are busy cleaning, cooking and singing, and just don't notice.

I don;t think that means that they don't appreciate it though (and I am not saying that you're saying they don't).

G

i agree on the tip part

but i also believe that alot of the people are trying to get up enough money too buy something and really cannot afford too tip the lot they are on...
So heres a little hint for those of you who cannot afford too tip... If you are at a money house and you needed to make 500.00 for something that you wanted to buy then you should stay till you make 600.00 then that way you could give a 50.00 tip for the stay and so when you go back to a skill house you already have have another 50.00s to tip the skill house when you leave...
Does that make sense to everyone?

When i get my House open Raingin you need too stop buy and tip me that 1,000.00 LOL...

G

To be honest, until these hard times, tipping had never even ocurred to me as anything but a joke. It used to be easy to keep a house running. The hard part was getting visitors. I was greatful to have them. But now that cash is so hard to come by, I think tipping is probably the best way to handle it. I don't think that there shouldn't be an outright charge because that would start a pricing market to get visitors and I'd rather decide how much I tip based on what goes on at the house and how attentive the roomies are. I've always been careful to clean up plates and thank owners for their hospitality, but with the economy the way it is, things just aren't that easy anymore.

I tried to tip the other day at a skill house where the roomies were doing an excellent job but had difficulty finding the tip jars before I had to go to work. Its nice when the jars are out where anyone can easily see them, and I don't know why some are labeled and some aren't, but I like it when I go in a house and the tip jars are right at the front with a picture and a name for each roomie beside the jar. It makes it a lot easier to figure out.

I

independent117

i think we should just set a price (reasonable tho) on our doors where the ktichen is. look at it as paying for your own food. we cant all just give free food non stop and depend on tips, nikki's right that idea is kinda stupid.

or we should just set certain times like every like 15mins. or a reasonable time. yes i know not everyone greens at the same time lol. but meet us owners/roomies int he middle lol..we run houses like ( mr me does) for 10 RL hrs and the tips just aint working. we are running it for you guys

so all we ask is for more help in return.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i agree on the tip part

but i also believe that alot of the people are trying to get up enough money too buy something and really cannot afford too tip the lot they are on...
So heres a little hint for those of you who cannot afford too tip... If you are at a money house and you needed to make 500.00 for something that you wanted to buy then you should stay till you make 600.00 then that way you could give a 50.00 tip for the stay and so when you go back to a skill house you already have have another 50.00s to tip the skill house when you leave...
Does that make sense to everyone?

When i get my House open Raingin you need too stop buy and tip me that 1,000.00 LOL...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just common sense. But with payouts as low as they are, sometimes its hard to even get the start up money to tip the first house you land on. I don't even want to contemplate how long it would take me to get 600$ on a money lot.

C

Carter'

<blockquote><hr>

(3) Yoo Foo
(4) Ect. Rude Comments

[/ QUOTE ]

you house will never be #1 or in the 10 ten for that matter

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

(3) Yoo Foo
(4) Ect. Rude Comments

[/ QUOTE ]

you house will never be #1 or in the 10 ten for that matter

[/ QUOTE ]

wait what are you saying mr me's house wont be in the top 10 for the rules he posted, if thats the case, lol hes already in the top 4...and if not oops i mis read it

G

and on another note here.....
IF i am at someone's house i agree that the tip jars should be clearly visible but i will say i do look for the tip jars that only have the roomie or the owner who is on the lot at that time.. in referance to most lots having 8 tip jars now and only 2 people of the 8 people who live there are running the lot...those are the two tip jars i look for...

and yes i do not understand why some have names and some do not on the tip jar....

and when i get my place opened should i have a picture of myself beside my tip jar? i have not done that and never thought about doing that...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think them saying they cant afford $1 is a copout. I never enter a skill house unless I have enough money to pay for a plate of food. A non skilled player may only make a few bux off an object but its better then walking around with a 0 balance expecting everyone to take care of you. Free accounts cant get on skill lots and even new players start with $500, so theres really no reason to refuse to pay for food. I would tell them to have a seat at the campfire and enjoy some free marshmellows or hope you have time to eat 70+ pieces of cake!

[/ QUOTE ]

Players don't get that $500 immediately upon creation...at least I didnt when I created, I had a low balance for a few days before I finally got the 500 premium bonus, which was one reason why I asked if it was distributed on a certain day or what. But yeah there's little reason that even a new player could not pay 1 simolean for a plate of food, though I can understand why they would not be able to tip above and beyond that, and I personally would not begrudge them the extra services I provide because all they can afford to pay for is food.

On the other hand, we have drilled it into new players heads that the very first house they should start entering in game is skill houses, so I would be ALOT more tolerant of a zero day old newbie who has a zero balance and therefore needs free food than I would at any point beyond that, because the zero day old sim has not had a chance to skill up at all to be able to make money. After that first day though, they have had enough time to get up to 10 points in one skill, so there's no justification for it once they are 1 day old or older.

G

The name only shows on the tip jar if the owner is on the lot. (owner of the jar that is)