• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why not: A Tamer Spellbook.

P

pgib

Disclaimer: i'm a pvm tamer.

We have bard spells, why not a tamer spellbook?

1th circle

Animate bandage.
X mana, 1 bandage, allow the tamer to apply one bandage from some distance. Distance scales with veterinary+animal taming.

Ghost form.
X mana, the pet becomes a ghost like creature until timeout. Time scale with animal taming + animal lore.

Call for help.
X mana, same as "relog trick" (or power log as someone calls it). The pet is teleported where the tamer is. No places are forbidden (that is a useful ball of pet summoning).

2nd circle

Sudiva's blessing.
X mana, boosts the resistances of the pet. Scale with animal lore+animal taming. Not the same scale we get with vial of armor crapness (+1, really makes a difference, thanks).

Rage.
X mana, grants a (substantial) damage increase bonus (against non human-characters, so we don't introduce insta-kills in pvp). Lowers resistances. Animal lore + Animal Taming.

Sacrifice.
Kills the tamer, restores full health/mana/stamina to the pet.

I stop here but i could fill an entire 8 circles - 64 spells book. The book of wishes :D.

And you, if we (tamers) were granted such a blessing, what spells would you like to have?

P.S. a subliminal message: yes, I'd be glad to pay for a tamer expansion pack.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummmm

:gee: NNNNOOOOOO

:rant2: Bad idea pets can be and alerady are VERY well equiped to handle themselves. :stretcher:

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also say no.

However, add a spell book if you like, just add it for the things we can already do if you real what one that bad to click on something....

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't want spells, but I still like the pet-potion idea which I had posted in UHall a while ago (if you find the thread, please don't be angry at the clown who wrote the post - no offense meant).

We don't need spells, we need a good way to make unloved pets like the skree be more viable.

So the idea is:

• You take a strong pet like a Greater Dragon - or at least a pet with one attribute that you would love to see on another pet - like massive hit points from the Highlands Boura.
  • You sacrifice your pet for a potion (GM Chef :stir: required, plus the new tinker-made item 'meat mincer').
  • You apply your potion to a weaker pet which immediately becomes stronger - for maybe 60 minutes.
  • Your skree could suddenly fight with 800+ hit points.
  • It wouldn't be stronger than a Greater Dragon.
  • While under the effect of a pet potion the required slots might be adjusted. A skree with 800+ hit points could require all 5 slots, just like a Greater Dragon.
  • While the skree with 800+ hit points might be considered as strong as a Greater Dragon all in all. But it possibly could still be a little different from a Greater Dragon, act differently that is, as it casts more spells than a Greater Dragon and is still lacking in the melee department.
  • Thus, we could have the long sought after diversity in pet usage.
Alchemy should also be involved in the process of potion grinding or even potion applying.

P

pgib

Anything is good for me but the idea of sacrificing a pet: how can that be "mutually beneficial"?

Also a thing i noticed is that the greater dragon is considered by many a powerful pet.

As I wrote in another post, it is not even close to be such a creature if we remember that in the old ages, when the tamer was The Tamer, there were only two creatures in the world more powerful than a tamed Dragon/White Wyrm. Just two.

Besides, i totally agree with the idea of letting us use our oldest friends (wyrms and dragons), be it by magery, lotions, growth or something else.