• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why Item ID is important, and how to Accurately get VDP for any crafteditem

M

Myrl Nightwalker

The link at the top of the page is toast. could someone post a new one that works?

Myrl Nightwalker-GM Magery,Eval,Med;Master Tamer
Ferrous Steele-GM Carp,Mining,Tinkering,Smith,and Master LJ
Finis Bowman-GM Archer,Anatomy,Tactics,Master Healer and Resistor<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Myrl Nightwalker on 05/13/01 03:43 AM.</FONT></P>

I

imported_TobyOne

is this what you are looking for???
<a target="_blank" href=http://home.neo.rr.com/durince/GMWeapons.htm>http://home.neo.rr.com/durince/GMWeapons.htm</a>

May the Forge be With You,
TobyOne (BB!, <font color=green>GM Armour Pusher!</font color=green>)
(Co-Owner of <font color=red>Lord Ulysses and Friends</font color=red>)
(Supporting member of <font color=blue>United Blacksmiths of Britain</font color=blue>)

M

Myrl Nightwalker

ya thats the ticket, thanks a bunch.

Myrl Nightwalker-GM Magery,Eval,Med;Master Tamer
Ferrous Steele-GM Carp,Mining,Tinkering,Blacksmith and Master LJ
Finis Bowman-GM Archer,Anatomy,Tactics,Master Healer and Resister

I

ii3ejoe

can u post that url again? i went to that one and it said "PAGE NOT FOUND"

S

Strydar

Here is another page that for VDPs (VenDor Prices) of GM Weapons.

http://home.neo.rr.com/durince/GMWeapons.htm

"In known existence, there are three Axioms. Infinity strives for continuance. Terminus strives for completion. The one Pure Axiom is Balance. Balance is an eternal journey that finds many destinations along the way."

L

Lusty

I made a 49 kyrss last night..
Anyone else get that? destroyed 8 gm hammers in the process

S

Ser Brightblade

Interesting but I still dont think I'll price items using this method. Seems like entirely too much work. *shrugs*

<center>
</center>

K

Kenneth920

That website you posted is gone. or it doesn't work anymore.

T

Tam al'Thor

Nice posts, fellas... last nite I decided to begin the daunting task of re-doing all of the GM weapons at Black Tower Vendors. My esteemed smith there is Perrin Aybara. I have decided to ONLY SELL the highest quality GM weapons at the Black Tower.

Those of you who have experimented with "screening" the quality of your weapons on player vendors can attest to the fact that only 1 out of 25 katanas (or so) will be rated 49, 50, or 51. This is a very very expensive proposition when you do the math. It can take over 75 ingots to generate a katana of this quality, even when you smelt down your "unacceptable quality" weapons.

It makes NO SENSE to sell these items for 300gp when you can sell the raw ingots for 750gp. I have worked out a system that I am going to implement at Black Tower Vendors, and I will let you guys know how well it is received over time.

My theory is that a 51gp katana is AT LEAST as good as an indestructable, supremely accurate katana of might. It might even carry SOME characteristics of a force weapon (+5 damage perhaps?)... I need to do some more homework.

I am only selling katanas that are 49, 50, or 51gp on the player vendor. My pricing system will be as follows:

A 51gp katana will be priced at 100gp per ingot x 8 ingots = 800gp
A 50gp katana will be priced at 90gp per ingot x 8 ingots = 720gp
A 49gp katana will be priced at 80gp per ingot x 8 ingots = 640gp

I am comfortable with these prices, because as I mentioned earlier... I could just sell the ingots for more than I would get for the weapon. This doesn't even reward me for all the time I spend smelting katana after katana to get a "superfine" blade. If players want the highest quality weapon available, they can PAY FOR IT, or use the same crappy weapons that most smiths puke out on a regular basis.

I would rather build a clientele of elite players who care about quality merchandise, and establish a unique image for my shop. I would welcome your comments on this. Also, if you use the 100/90/80gp per ingot system that I developed, many GM weaps will run in excess of 1000gp... but it is so IMPOSSIBLE to produce that kind of quality, that you HAVE TO CHARGE it, or you will run a losing venture... sounds like the UO economy has something to chew on.

ALSO - I have produced 49gp krysses. There were SEVERAL posts that claimed 48gp was the best you can get... bad news, guys... not true !

U

uohamster

Excellent thread. I'm glad that this is catching on. I also love the idea of pricing items based upon number of ingots x a "ingot value factor" or whatever you want to call it. I'll be slowly converting over to this system.

Working item id is mind-numbingly boring. I have more than one boat loaded up with items that I macro-id... One day I'm going to gm that skill and smelt em all out of spite. I'm sick of looking at them. 8o)

Maybe we can convince him to make up a quick-lookup chart for pricing the vdp weapons...hmm? 8oD

Sorry, I had to throw in two emoticons.

Crunchy Hamster of Great Lakes HAM
Gm Smith, Gm Tinker, Gm Party Animal

R

RETIRED

I wish to tell you of my experiences with the information in this thread. I have placed 2 vendors in my shop. One to sell my superior GM quality weapons (I say weapons because I find the greatest variance of quality in GM crafted weapons - shields and armor do not seem to vary much) which are those within the top 4 values of the items top VDP value. For example the famous Katana has a maximum VDP value of 51. The superior vendor will sell 51s at 500% of my public forge price and 50s at 450% and 49s at 400% and 48s at 350%. I have a 2nd vendor at the shop who sells my mid-range GM Quality value weapons and armor. He sells the Katanas valued at 47-44 for 120% of my public forge price.. The lower 33% of my GM crafted Katanas, those 43-39, are smelted. I have placed these 2 vendors close to my shop's forge where I can craft and VDP and place on the appropriate one. I have 2 problems. One is we smiths in working this thread have done a great job of finding the maximum VDP value for a GM crafted weapon and have made a list (see earlier entry) but no information is kept on the minimum VDP value of a GM crafted item. As I mentioned before, my experience has been that all weapon's have a minimum VDP exceptional value of 25% of its Maximum (rounding up). And I have also found the maximum average crafted VDP value to overlap the minimum exceptional VDP value. Again look at the Katana where the maximum exceptional VDP value is 51 and my records show the minimum exceptional VDP value to be 39 and my records also show the maximum average VDP value to be 44. This overlap of maximum average and minimum exceptional strongly suggest two or more variable weapon qualities are in play here. I urge all smiths interested in this thread to keep and publish there information on the other two values I have mentioned above. I have also written a book about the quality of GM crafted exceptional arms and placed it in my superior items vendor and he also has a blue copy locked down on a writing table directly in front of him. The great test came one day in the near past when a GM warrior, with 100 DEX and tactics and swordsmanship who wears low DEX ring armor and loves the katana and is a valued customer of mine, came to me for repairs. I noticed his katana was a 39. So I told him of my shop and gave him the quality book. To my pleasure he stood and read it for several minutes. I knew then his great love for the katana. He asked me to make him a high value katana to test against what I called his inferior 39 katana. I did after 10 tries and gave him a 51 or 50 not sure since my item ID is at 95 and is mostly a value of 1 high or low. It consistently valued at 50 or 51. So I gave it to him to test. Well he was back in 20 minutes wanting to buy all that I could make. And asking for a quantity discount. I hooked the big fish. The theory was proven.

My shop is doing very well because of a small group who understands this concept. Many leave me caustic notes on rune titles complaining of my exorbitant prices. I am now committed to this direction. My shop has found a way to offer something special to the informed player. And with my item ID I am able to shop the land for other smith's GM superior weapons which I can bring to my customers. One last point please. I list my superior items with all information available to the buyer. They know all that I know, nothing is hidden from them e.g. 750 Katana 51-39/51. This tells them That the katana they are considering is selling for 750gp and its VDP value is 51 and that items value ranges to a 51 high and a 39 low. So they see the quality they are buying. Thanks for the opportunity to post and your patience reading this. I play the Lake Superior shard as Lord retired GM smith and my shop's name is "Dealer of Superior GM Quality Arms."

I also have a public forge price list on a spreadsheet (MS 2000 or the lower versions 95 and 98) that is very flexibile. Calculates the item price using the following variables you set - ingot market price by color, your desired profit margin by color, reclaim or smelt rate, percent of exceptionals per item, percentage of non-exceptionals per item, and number of ingots to make exceptional on 1st try. The result is price per item and average number of ingots to make exceptional item. I will be glad to share this price sheet with you if you will send an EMAIL to [email protected] with smith price list in the subject line.

Role Play Role Play Role Play

D

Dragoon1

I made a non exceptional katana with a VDP of 48 a while back, I think it was in february. I haven't seen it since and have been trying to replicate it to prove a point. The best I have made lately has been a 47. I posted that on the crunchy hamster smithy studies.

<blockquote><hr>

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink1.gifYour ad here/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink1.gif

<hr></blockquote>

K

Krallion

Hail Player,
Yep. My friends blacksmith makes those Krisises of 49, 48 is just the more common top of the line. War Forks are
58 and 59. Katanas are 50 and 5l. He gives me blades to poison with my GM Assassin and puts the poisoned
48 and 49s krisises on his vendor and I sell the rest. One strike with the 48 or 49 deadly poisoned krisis and it is
over. They sell out the same day they are on the vendor.
Krallion.

S

Sgt. Rock

Thanks for this thread:

I have become informed about this vdp, so I also tried it out. I had the same results as the previous person. I made gm katanas' of 40, 41, 42, 46, and 48. For the heck of it I placed my "average" katanas' and had some priced at 44, and 45? How did this happen? Are you saying that the durability might have been average, but their sharpness was good?

Also, what is the highest vdp for a hally?

Sgt. Rock Europa

J

_johan_

i started today to make VDP's and placed my gm made longswords on a vendor and got 3 vdp 67 ? and a few 66 ???
has every weapon a different max or.....

L

Les_Winen

I have a gm smith/tinker, and I have observed the new hammer phenomenon, too. When my tunics just refuse to be exceptional, I can usually make a new hammer and get several exceptional tunics within a few tries. This VDP thing is all new to me, and is extremely interesting. I'll be up all night checking my katanas.

A

AceOmega

Yade this is a greate post but it only tells us how to get VDP but not what VDP is so I am adding this.

Vednor Displayed Price (VDP)

What it is used for is to measure the max HP of an item while it is under full repair. I also use it to see the condition of the weapon because as it wears down the VDP goes down until you repair it in which it will go back up to its max VDP of the current HP.

Ace Omega

P.S. I think you might want to update your P.S. not sure if this is entirly right considering Accuracy comes from your Tactics skill only.

I

imported_Dredd

The max VDP for a GM Kryss made with a normal (not runic hammer) tool is 49. And the max VDP for a longsword is 72. I can confirm this - I have made .... a few ;). I have posted the max VDP for weapons here, along with a URL where you can find an accurate listing.

I

imported_Dredd

Yes, they do. When I have used my tongs (prefer them because they are lighter and are easier to make, therefore easier to make exceptional) 45 times, I make another. I have noticed aproximately 15% better success when using GM tinker exceptional tongs as opposed to NPC bought ones. This holds true for mortars, too - if anyone is interested.

I

imported_Dredd

I have been doing just that on Catskills for over two years as Dred Roberts, selling at the FoA Vendor Hall. I actually had to step back the standards a bit. I sell only items that are within 10% of the max VDP. So katanas, for example, are only sold if they are a minimum of 46 VDP. I have locked a book down in the shop explaining what the VDP's mean, and how much quality and attributes can vary in GM exceptional items. I placed a book on the vendors directing customers to the one I locked down. It has been there since the shop opened, and I am still asked to explain it by new or uninformed players. Explain it carefully and fully. It is worth it. I now have 3 guilds I keep as customers. They are role-playing warring guilds, and two of them do not allow magic armor/weps/shields for PvP.
btw - for you fencers: the effect of a 59/59 GM warfork with GM deadly poison applied by a GM Poisoner when fighting someone wearing a "dex suit" or anything heavier is DEVASTATING ... same goes for a 60/60 broadsword for you swordsmanship PvPers ... just remember simply standing there toe-to-toe is NOT your best tactic in almost any case....

And yes, it is very expensive. There will be some days when you will burn through 150-200 ingots to get a 51/51 katana (warforks are a MAJOR pain in the ass ....). And those days will suck. However, my regular customers are aware of how difficult these "Dred's Premium Quality" items are to produce. My pricing is based on the average number of ingots used to produce an item, at 8gp per ingot. New or uninformed players will balk at the prices. Just stick with it. I now have some players offering me 2.5k per premium weapon for custom orders.

Also, weapons have the greatest degree of variation. Armor and shields have a very narrow range. I use the same standards (within 10% of max VDP) for those items as well. And it does make a difference - primarily in the items durability.

Recently, rather than just recycling some of those "crappy weapons most smiths puke out" I keep some and sell them on another vendor - as "generic GM disposables". And even at 15-30gp per ingot used to produce them, they sell too. Even the newbs and cheap players have gold to spend ;).

Remember the basics when running this kind of shop: ALWAYS check and guarantee every piece. ALWAYS give free repairs to any customer who walks into the shop. ALWAYS talk to them and if they show any interest at all, explain what it all means (I'm ALWAYS looking for those faction and guild titles ... ;) ) Fill any orders promptly - knowing they have ready access to these types of items is a BIG selling point that will create a steady repeat customer. And taking the time to explain it and talk with them is a big factor, too. Give new customers a little freebie like a gm repair contract or two. Give good customers a discount once in a while.

After using my own weps on my chars, and talking with customers for over two years, I have come to the conclusion that it is POSSIBLE for a max VDP item to do damage approximating a force weapon - if that helps at all. I do question the accuracy bonus theory since the skill changes a few years ago. It was true then - but I don't believe it is now. I will have to test it - if I can ever get away from the forges and mines ....

I

imported_Dredd

When you see a weapon described as, for example, a 51/51 katana, they are refering to the vendor displayed pricing (for a house, or player run, vendor). Some of the other posts here explain what VDP is. Basically, it is the price the vendor would set for the item by default - if you would not set the price. This price is set by the vendor based upon the quality of the weapon - the higher the quality, the higher the price. To have a vendor display this price, place the item on a vendor that you own and either press the escape key (which sets the price of the weapon at the VDP) or single click the weapon after you have placed it on the vendor (I prefer the second method, as it doesn't actually set the item at that price, it just displays the VDP. I can still set my price as I normally would after checking the VDP).

When you see it described as a 51/51 katana, the first number is the VDP that the vendor displayed when the weapon was checked. The second number is the maximum VDP that is known to exist for that weapon type. So a 51/51 katana is a katana that was checked and verified to have a VDP of 51gp - the maximum known price for a katana. A 50/51 would be one that the has a VDP of 50gp of a possible 51gp maximum, etc ...

The item ID skill will reveal what this price is as well. And like any other skill, the higher your skill level, the better (read: more accurate) it is. At gm, it is always correct, according to other posts here. The lower your ID skill, the more chance of error.

These are the max VDP's for weapons. They are also posted here: http://uo.stratics.com/bow/vdp.shtml

axe - 68
bardiche - 88
battle axe - 56
bow - 60
broadsword - 60
crossbow - 53
cutlass - 40
dagger - 30
double axe - 59
executioner's axe - 69
halberd - 75
hammer pick - 60
heavy crossbow - 84
katana - 51
kryss - 49
large battle axe - 50
longsword - 72
mace - 38
maul - 44
quarter staff - 27
scimitar - 56
short spear - 39
spear - 56
two-handed axe - 59
viking sword - 66
war axe - 66
war fork - 59
war hammer - 65
war mace - 65

I know all these to be accurate, as I have made at least one of each at these prices, and have never made any over these prices in 3 years as a smith.

Hope this helps

I

imported_Dredd

so there is a "counter" associated with skill gains. If you check an item and don't get a gain from it, you can't get a skill gain from that item until you get a gain from something else. Getting that skill gain from another item resets the "counter", and it is once again possible to gain skill on any item. Since the anti-macro code, all skills are either movement-based (hiding, magery, etc ...) or object-based (item ID, poisoning, inscription, etc ....). Since gains are less frequent at higher levels, the counter takes longer to reset. I would guess you would gain more often from high-value items and magic items, since almost every skill factors difficulty into skill gains - and these items are supposed to be more difficult to ID. I'm guessing IDing secure containers in houses for good gains works something like detecting hidden on the floor of the guard tower in Brit, or a box containing a bunch of trapped boxes - it makes a skill check against EVERY item in the secure, and not just the secure.

Y

Yade

I am curious to see if the VDP for armor pieces has changed from what it was 2 yrs ago when i first got the prices for myself. With the changes in success rates, especially for plate, i'm curious if the old max VDP for an exceptional plate chest is still possible.

I

imported_Dredd

A few of the armors have gone up a bit since 2 years ago. Plate arms, plate gloves, some ring pieces, and a lot of the helms are just a bit higher. The url I listed has armor VDP's as well. I can confirm all of them but three - the plate arms, the plate tunic, and the plate legs. When the tunics got more difficult to make, I stopped stocking them on my vendor, and only sold them as custom orders. Same for plate legs and full plate suits. They just weren't worth the effort to stock on a vendor and watch them sit there eating up profits. I have made 9 tunics at the listed max vdp, and 11 plate legs since then. But to be quite honest, I don't think I have made enough of them to really have enough data to confirm the max VDP's. I say this only because about 3 months ago, I made one copper plate arms that checked out at 209 - one over the listed max, and one over anything I have ever made before.
I guess with the BOD's and the runic/ancient hammers, this info isn't going to be of much interest to many players. Just have to wait and see how it all works out. Right now, I'm not sure if I like or hate these hammers. But that's a WHOLE different subject ......... ;)

I

imported_WaterDragon

Nice post Yade!

Ref:
"#2 an NPC vendor, those of us who gm'd smithing long before there was smelting remember selling our junk to the blacksmith. and if you will remember that the blacksmith would almost always offer different amounts for the items. this was how we old players originally determined that an item was exceptional or not. kind of primitive "BUT BEWARE!!!!!!!!" the prices offered by the NPC vendor and the PLAYER STOCKED vendor are not compatible. they are a different scale. so when you hear people saying i have a 51 katana, they are referring to a PLAYER STOCKED vendor not an NPC vendor. you will have to establish your own new rating system for those prices. "

I use NPC vendors for quality control exclusively. Have done for ages.

What the NPC vendors sell, is priced at average durability (+whatever). I don't know anyone else that realises, that the price they offer to sell their items, does not reflect the value of those weapons! Buy 10 of the NPC kryss for instance, and offer those 10 back for sale - there will be a large range of prices offered for them too. I use this to get new warrior characters up and running with reasonably priced, reasonably good kit, when I start on a new shard. Just by filtering their own stuff back to them. As I am more into fencing than swords, most of my experience with weapons is with the kryss.

A bit more detail on the NPC filtering.

Ok, so what the NPC vendor is offering is the price for "average". A warning... that price can change very quickly even on the same NPC vendor. So each time you filter a batch, ask for their offer price first, so you have the latest price (belive me, a long time ago I got caught out on this one). If you are doing a kryss, more often than not they are offering their kryss at 40 - 41. So to get the price for your average kryss offered to them, you divide that by 2 - that means they will offer me 20 for "average" as a buy in. I then look at the percentages above that as my guide.

Most prices offered with a lowly smith, seem to be in the 17 - 22 region, with not many at 22. The 22 are 10% above average, and roughly (to me) in the ruin class. Fairly common are those at 24 (20% extra), less common at 26 (30% extra), fairly rare at 28 (40% extra), very rare at 30 (50% extra), unbelieveably rare anything much higher. The most I have been offered over many, many 1,000's of kryss, was one at 38 (90% extra!!!). In common with several exceptionally high weapons (% wise) that I have done, it WAS NOT MARKED EXCEPTIONAL!! Weird or what? I tell you what though, that kryss was awesome. The same fencer I used it with had a massive accurate kryss of vanq (brand new, complete with charges) that I was saving for comparison purposes, and it outperformed it substantially.

Remember, the important thing with NPC pricing, is the PERCENTAGE they offer you over and above average (which is half their selling out price), so the actual price is not that significant if it changes from transaction to transaction - the percentage they offer always holds true.

The way I NPC filter, is have a separate pack for the items. I place the items in neat rows of 6 in that pack. When I offer them for sale, the last item into the pack is the first listed, the first item is the last listed, they are listed in the reverse order they are placed in the pack. I jot down what is offered for what, then smelt down the substandard items. A bit time consuming, but fairly simple. Since the bods have come in, I have found I can do them in 10's to the smithing guildmistress (could do more, but the pack gets a bit complicated for filtering - I still like 6's really).

A friend ran UOX server and we checked some stuff out. He made me a GM smith, and supplied me with a vast amount of ingots. I made a lot of armour items and he checked them out for me as the Game Master. For instance, I made maybe a 100 platemail arms. He checked them all through for me. Numbers ranged from a durability of 40, to a durability of 140, and all had the makers mark on them (for convenience anything else I immediately smelted). I suspect very strongly that variation holds true in UO as well (probably much wider, as only doing a 100 items would not likely have found the rarer ones and there were a few at 140, which says that is not unusual), but time was limited as we had so many things to try) . Everything I have experienced points to it.

A non-GM smith CAN make these excellent products - the only difference GM seems to make, is the dramatic reduction in the number of substandard ones made (though a GM can make the very worst quality as well, it must be borne in mind), and the increase in the number of the better ones made. The truly high percentage ones are still rares though. You definitely won't find them unless you filter . . Same goes for armour, same goes for shields. And yes, it WOULD be nice to have that facility with potions too.

I hope this is a help, and good luck to you all.

I now play GL shard, and my new almost GM smith there is ArmaLite, who lives in Delucia.
PS - a technique that seems to be doing great (for me) in the 90's skill powerhour - eat until stuffed, make 9 Plate helms, make 3 Plate legs, make 3 Plate tunics, smelt, eat, make 9 Plate arms, make 3 Plate legs, make make 3 Plate tunics, smelt, eat, then repeat. Amazingly I am getting most of the gains between 90 and 97, on the plate helms. 2 more power hours to go . . *crosses fingers*

A

AceOmega

Yade, please fix your VDP post. Your post is misleading people into thinking high VDP weapons are like magic when they are not. Here are some of the things that need to be fixed.

in conclusion, test carefully and for those of you without vendors yet, or a high item id skill develop your own test cases using the NPC vendors and then report all of your results. i also read a post about there only being a 1 gp difference in the katanas. well that could be the difference between a katana of ruin (48-50) and a katana of might (51-53). besides the prices derived this way are not likely to resort in real sale pricing.

There is no such thing as a 53 Katana. The highest katana is 51. All GM items get a +20% bonus not a +3 or +4 like magic items. If you don’t believe me then read this post from one of the UO developers.

“Just to clear up some confusion...

"exceptional" weapons add 20% to the weapon's base damage.

"ruin/might/force/power/vanquishing" weapons add +1, +3, +5, +7, and +9 damage to the weapon's base damage respectively.

As far as unbalancing pvp goes... it'll be waaay easier to go adventuring for really good magic weapons then it will be to find somebody that has verite/valorite weapons for sale (which I suspect will factor into what will likely be an extremely high price). “

http://boards.uo.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=dev&Number=775062

Please fix this because it is wrong.

The next problem is your P.S.

ps: the price given to you is derived from 3 factors (weapon durability, accuracy potential, and damage capacity) these have always been the under laying prerequisites for "exceptional weapons". so if you get a katana that qualifies as exceptional in one of these three categories it will be marked "gm exceptional" even though it may be "below average" in the other 2 categories. it closely parallels magic weapon enchantments, how many Supremely Accurate, Indestructable katanas of Vanquishing are there? well the chance of you getting one of those is about the same as a gm smith making a katana that is maxed in all three categories as well. just food for thought.

Accuracy only occurs in magic items because they modify your tactics. When you equip with a 51 katana your tactics do not go up. This is wrong and needs to be fixed.

As far as Damage Points, I have already stated that it is a +20% for all GM weapons regardless of VDP.

For the Hit Points, you are right. VDP does measure hit points but only HP.

This post is great but we need to fix these fallacies because smiths are thinking this is fact. The idea of how you get VDP is great and gives this post great merit.

Ace Omega

M

MacLeodLV

Actually, a lot of info here is wrong.
According to every study I have read on UO's combat calculations (about the only stratics info I trust to a degree), Tactics is a damage modifyer only. Your Weapon Skill [Swords, Fence, Mace, Wrestle, Arch] and the Weapon Skill of your target are the sole factors in determining your hit/miss chances.
"Accuracy" is actually a damage increasing statistic.

Tactics damage bonus works like this
000 Tacts: -50% Base Damage
050 Tacts: Full (Normal) Damage
100 Tacts: +50% Base Damage
125 Tacts: +75% Base Damage (Supremely Accurate)

Bows of course are an exception, "Accurate" bows increase your archery, and therefore really do provide an increase to your hit rate.

I am certain Max VDP items are an indicator of item durability, but I'd have to see some good proof (meaning a proper damage study) if I'm going to believe they increase the actual damage. I do believe that Max VDP items increase the effectiveness of a weapon, a low durability can rapidly and significantly decrease a weapon's base damage.

Also, I wouldn't hold any faith in statistics gathered through UOX (or any emulated) shards. UOX shards have a completely different internal design from what you see in an Official shard. OSI just doesn't make their server source code publicly available (for obvious reasons). OSI also hides a LOT of UO's internal calculations from the public. Don't get me wrong, I think the people that created these server emulators are very knowledgable in UO's internal working and in programming a server to emulate it, but nothing is perfect and we all know that UO changes often. Add to that that Ultima is so full of misconceptions, that even the most clever players can be ardent supporters them. That of course means I too, can be wrong, but I believe I'm not.

D

Dad

Are you actually able to reach that URL? I get "Page Not Found" when I try it.

S

Servo101

So is there a list out there. I really want to see one and so I can price my goods accurately.

Chew

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only got the "pre-Patched" prices (<font color=blue>Link at bottom</font color=blue>) and as Toby told me, that they would get back to this state (some weeks ago), I didnt update them.

By the way Toby !!!
Did you contact <font color=red>Greywolfe</font color=red> about this "broken VDP-issue" again and what did he say (if he said something) ?

Cheers
Chew
Tower of Roses

G

This has got to be the oldest thread that I've ever read, hehe /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

A lot has changed though, for instance, you have to arm a weap now before vdp, or you get invalid results, &amp; now with runic weaps, the values may have decreased a bit, etc...