• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why is razor not allowed?

Jacks

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOAssist is outdated in my eyes. Just look at the limited amount of macros and hotkeys you can set. With so much new content (new pots, petals etc) I think that it's just not enough. What bothers me most though is the targeting system in CC that would be given such a boost if we were able to play around with the stuff that Razor gives you.

I'm sure some ppl out there knows why we are stuck with UOA, or who just likes to share an opinion on this.

Cheers

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
UOAssist is outdated in my eyes. Just look at the limited amount of macros and hotkeys you can set. With so much new content (new pots, petals etc) I think that it's just not enough. What bothers me most though is the targeting system in CC that would be given such a boost if we were able to play around with the stuff that Razor gives you.

I'm sure some ppl out there knows why we are stuck with UOA, or who just likes to share an opinion on this.

Cheers
We all use UOA still because the process to get a new program like that declared legal takes absolutely forever. If we started the process now, it might be legal this time next year. Sadly I am not exaggerating at all.

Back when UOA was trying to get declared legal, it literally took almost 3 years, and they almost gave up many times.

Jacks

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear you. I do think there should be some interest from Broadsword's side, since we clearly could use something more updated than UOA. Maybe it's all gonna be (or is already?) possible in EC? I didn't try EC, so I wouldn't know. I'm just sure that they won't/can't add more functions to 2d client, more targeting options for example.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You would have to know what the contract they signed with Tugsoft looked like. It's hard to say what might limit other systems or another factor that we just aren't aware of. Given that Razor is free and is updated rather quickly I can't see why they don't, they might say that the EC is the answer and we should all just use that thing.

Jacks

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, perhaps. I just hope that the 2d client will be respected by not neglecting it any new features. Since ppl say it's difficult to code new features to or alter existing code in cc, there might have to be a third party solution.

Right now there are some obvious upsides to EC, if it's taken too far it means creating a gap that will make CC players unable to compete, and the hardcore cc will lose interest and won't be interested in keeping their accounts paid for.