• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why is my char orange ?

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a 2nd a/c and have a new char. This char is not in any guild, and has not activated any VvV options.

If I log in any char (in fel) that is in VvV this new char is orange to them.

Any Idea why ?

This char has been like this for over 3 days now.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a 2nd a/c and have a new char. This char is not in any guild, and has not activated any VvV options.

If I log in any char (in fel) that is in VvV this new char is orange to them.

Any Idea why ?

This char has been like this for over 3 days now.
You will stay orange until the next time you die.

This occurred because you either performed a bene act on someone VvV or their pet...or flagged on someone VvV or their pet. Either of these acts will turn you orange, even if you aren't VvV.

Reactions: Pix

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My non VvV character once turned orange on Siege because I didn't leave a VvV town fast enough. Decided to walk out of town instead of taking the option to be teleport to the moongate. I decided to wait it out to see how long it would take for him to change back. I'd say around six to eight hours.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My non VvV character once turned orange on Siege because I didn't leave a VvV town fast enough. Decided to walk out of town instead of taking the option to be teleport to the moongate. I decided to wait it out to see how long it would take for him to change back. I'd say around six to eight hours.
No no, it is Siege, you can't stay orange 6-8 hours without getting killed I heard J/K :p

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd say around six to eight hours.
It should be 8 hours exactly per Publish 87:
  • VvV participation flag for non-VvV players will now be removed after 8 hours, or the participant is killed by a VvV player, whichever comes first.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I still find it way to long time, special on Siege, where crafters and tradedeal runners use the town a lot. 1 hour would be way better, at least for Siege.

Now I can only speak for Siege and not for Tram/Fel shards. On Siege, there is no place to be safe if orange, you can't just leave Fel, as you will be orange on all facets and can be killed in all towns.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Your house?
No not my house, it is public and I'm not thinking of myself, I do not have enemies as far I know, but yes some may be somewhat safe in their house. Still a stupid rule for Siege as it hurt returning players and newbies, who do not know the rule. A lot of them do not know they are orange and may end up get killed in a town like Luna or Zento, where they expect to be safe.
Making them orange in a battle town is all fine, but when the battle end, let the orange color end too if only thing they did was to be in the town.
Why should a tradedeal runner stay orange for 8 hours?
Why should a crafter, being in the town for bribing his BoDs stay orange for 8 hours?
Why should a peaceloving char stay in his house for 8 hours after being to long in a town?
Etc

I will stop now, but it do not make sense on Siege.