• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Why is it so hard to find studded/bone/hide armor pieces with 5 hpi if everyone needs 3 of them

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reason #1. No Name Legendary armor pieces don't drop anymore.

Reason #2. There are only 7 Flavors of named Legendary armor that are worth keeping. Mystic of Haste, Arcane of Haste, Mystic of Vitality, Arcane of Vitality, Mystic of Regeneration, Arcane of Regeneration, Mystic of Sorcery. Of these only 2 have the chance to have HP on them.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reason #1. No Name Legendary armor pieces don't drop anymore.

Reason #2. There are only 7 Flavors of named Legendary armor that are worth keeping. Mystic of Haste, Arcane of Haste, Mystic of Vitality, Arcane of Vitality, Mystic of Regeneration, Arcane of Regeneration, Mystic of Sorcery. Of these only 2 have the chance to have HP on them.
which 2?

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did they nerf the drop rate when they banned multiboxers or what? Because before they did I saw a few here on Stratics

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did they nerf the drop rate when they banned multiboxers or what? Because before they did I saw a few here on Stratics
Yes, when they banned the multiboxxers they decided to not only nerf the loot that was coming from the monsters they were farming, but to also nerf all loot being dropped in the game. You can find the posts about 8 mod caps on the main forums.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, when they banned the multiboxxers they decided to not only nerf the loot that was coming from the monsters they were farming, but to also nerf all loot being dropped in the game. You can find the posts about 8 mod caps on the main forums.
That is annoying, so max cap of mods is now 8, well, can't say I'm surprised, just didn't see it coming.

Btw why not Arcane of Srocery, coz you said mystic and arcane of haste, vitality, regeneration but u didnt mention arcane of sorcery, just mystic of sorcery....

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is annoying, so max cap of mods is now 8, well, can't say I'm surprised, just didn't see it coming.

Btw why not Arcane of Srocery, coz you said mystic and arcane of haste, vitality, regeneration but u didnt mention arcane of sorcery, just mystic of sorcery....

I Meant mystic of Wizardry / arcane of Sorcery. ( Combinations of Arcane of Wizardry and mystic of Sorcery ) They suck majorly because they are always the same.

CF
Int
Mana
MR
lmc
LRC

What peeves me is that Animated of Vitality / Mighty of Haste isn't a legendary name combo for some reason. I would kill for some Pieces with this combo

Eater
Strength
Dex
Stam
Hp
Hit point Regen
Stamina Regen

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And the issue isn't really the 8 Mod cap. It's the fact that no name legendaries don't drop.

I have this Orc Mask Right here.

Strength 4
Dex 4
Int 4
Hp 5
Stam 10
mana 8
MR 3
RPD 15
Ep 2%

That's only 9 mods. So you drop EP or RPD and it's still a super valuable piece at 8 mods.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTE\] What peeves me is that Animated of Vitality / Mighty of Haste isn't a legendary name combo for some reason. I would kill for some Pieces with this combo

Eater
Strength
Dex
Stam
Hp
Hit point Regen
Stamina Regen [/QUOTE]

Wouldnt it be more like :

Eater
Str
Dex
Hpi
Stam
Hpr regen
Stam regen

?

zieglers

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Great topic. In fact, for pvm sampire, HPR/SR/Eater are not as good as mods like LMC/mana/HCI.
I have tried many combinations with very high budget to build my sampire. And I always ended up preferring including two reforged/imbued pieces to maximize everything I need, so that I always have 25hpi and no LMC on jewels.
Last no name legendary I found was about two years ago (majors yes still dropping) so my guess is also maybe they aren't dropping much anymore (is there an official statement about this?)
I haven't seen any vitality/mighty of haste legendary either if I remember it correctly, greaters yes.
But as I said I want every armor piece to have many mana increase and LMC, so this combination isn't my top choice anyways.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[QUOTE\] What peeves me is that Animated of Vitality / Mighty of Haste isn't a legendary name combo for some reason. I would kill for some Pieces with this combo

Eater
Strength
Dex
Stam
Hp
Hit point Regen
Stamina Regen
Wouldnt it be more like :

Eater
Str
Dex
Hpi
Stam
Hpr regen
Stam regen

?[/QUOTE]

Same mods

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great topic. In fact, for pvm sampire, HPR/SR/Eater are not as good as mods like LMC/mana/HCI.
I have tried many combinations with very high budget to build my sampire. And I always ended up preferring including two reforged/imbued pieces to maximize everything I need, so that I always have 25hpi and no LMC on jewels.
Last no name legendary I found was about two years ago (majors yes still dropping) so my guess is also maybe they aren't dropping much anymore (is there an official statement about this?)
I haven't seen any vitality/mighty of haste legendary either if I remember it correctly, greaters yes.
But as I said I want every armor piece to have many mana increase and LMC, so this combination isn't my top choice anyways.
I agree with you 100% about which mods you want, it's more just a peeve that I can sort through dozens of Fortified of haste legendaries that only have 3 mods other than resists, but Mighty of haste doesn't even exist in legendary form.

A lot of silly things like that.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does ppl keep silence while they keep us opressed chasing the studded/bone/hide Hpi5 unicorn

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's a mystic / of vitality that dropped to me last week, only 7 mods but pretty solid piece and can still drop. Ideally it would of had highter mana inc and LRC or stam inc also for a 8th mod , but to have stam increase , need animated name :(

war pants.png

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes but we were talking about stamina ones. Those like you got right there are not too hard to get. You can come across one once in a while. The dexxers ones are the ones that never drop and if they drop everyone is willing to pay stupid prices coz they know next one won't drop for like 4 months time.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UO fun fact. Dex stuff drops less than Mage stuff.

Look at the roof. Most of the stuff there is attempting to be mages armor.

I am putting together a suit for my swords T hunter. I ended up with 4 reforged pieces. I found a nice Helm and chest to get the resists up. 211 stamina and 55 LMC.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I am putting together a suit for my swords T hunter. I ended up with 4 reforged pieces. I found a nice Helm and chest to get the resists up. 211 stamina and 55 LMC.

Yup, almost every named legendary you see has either mystic of sorcery or Arcane of wizardry prefix/suffix. The rare exceptions to that are Fortified pieces which are garbage.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May i ask what would make a great stam piece?
8+ stam/MI, LMC, Stats, HPI?

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, regular pre multiboxers pieces were like: 4dex 8stam 8mana mr2 8lmc, then multiboxers got some extra mods on that same basic piece with some: 5str 5hpi 15Rpd 5hci 5dci, but then when capped at 8 mods we got back to basic schedule. So nowadays our main concerns are to get to 150Hp with at least 5str 5hpi, coz Hp pool at 135 (that is what you can get with some imbued pieces) is very poor and insuficient to pvp and forces you to use imbued pieces which lack pvp mods and resists.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dont need three if you run the slither and crimson then you need one
Ye but you run slither not for hpr2 but for dci and hpi, so if the armor got dci and hpi u dont really need it so its like a fixer of a better armor set up. So well ye we could talk all the day long about how to fix a suit without the proper gear. No offense.

North_LS

Journeyman
devs think the named mod 'packages' they dreamed up are ideal in place of randomly generated mod sets for legendaries i guess. would be nice to get either a combo of both, or a rework of the 'packages' with input from folks who actually use the equipment and know what player requirements are.

North_LS

Journeyman

kinda on a tangent, but should really be using mace & shield on the head slot.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

@Pawain

I think what @Cetric means is that 211 stam suits are for pvp not for pvm and even if you decide to make a swords t-hunter which would be "not very frecuent" the thing is that 181 stam suit would be enough.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's not exactly true. My PvM Archers, and Throwers, are 210+ Stam, so they can shoot/throw a Composite Bow, or a Soul Glaive at 1.25 speed (with 55 SSI)
Sorry to disagree but the fact that you might be using a 211 stam suit for pvm doesnt mean it is a pvm suit. 181 stam are pvm suits and 211 are pvp, generally. Which does not mean you cannot do what you want and use them as you like.
No offense.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry to disagree but the fact that you might be using a 211 stam suit for pvm doesnt mean it is a pvm suit. 181 stam are pvm suits and 211 are pvp, generally. Which does not mean you cannot do what you want and use them as you like.
No offense.
None taken, if you choose to use inferior suits, that is up to you. I prefer to do as much damage as I can in PvM. Which would dictate 210+ stam.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Only thing that could be slightly better about it (to me at least) is if it was a bone helm, but i do like the hat cause i can see the characters face. i dont wear mace and shields on archers because its just too much of a stat sacrifice for a measly 30 hit lower defense. I do where them on sampires, where its matters a whole lot more if you miss even 1 single hit. for pvp i just put the hld on the weapon.

i much prefer 7 hpi pieces to 5 hpi, because shroud of condemned can be worn instead of conjurer's garb, essentially giving another 5 mana. (i never wear hawkwind's even tho statiscitically its a better robe, its just too ugly to wear)

So with the shroud, and crimson cincture i only need 1 more hpi piece in a suit. Easy to build rest of suit around to cover your damage eater, and stat heavy pieces, while getting in some HPR which isnt too common on the high stat pieces.

not counting the resists, or the worthless EP mod, its 827 imbue weight worth of mods, but i mainly value it for the versatility of suit building.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No offense.
i converted all my suits to non 211 stam now in favor of regens and skill bonuses. not saying everyone should, but after the archery pvp nerf i find templates with extra skill points are alot more effective at killing, and living with non-211 stam suits, which are alot easier to fit in those extra points.

211 tho is of course still the fastest to put out AIs if not trying to fit in other things.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine is at 211 because I chose to use the new skull longsword to fit the current event. The thing is 3.5s. Takes 210 stamina and 20 SSI. I want to have openings on jewels and shield for the HCI and DCI. I also did not put SSI on the sword so I could get the max leeches. This sword would take 34 SSI at 180 stamina to get max.

As said, Bows need 210 stamina so I am used to building those suits.

Ill make a whip for WW and it is the same speed as the longsword.

I do not have room for Bushido so I can use a shield and 1 hand weapons. If I used a double axe and bladed staff I would be able to run 180 Stamina.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
kinda on a tangent, but should really be using mace & shield on the head slot.
Str and dex is 125. I use Prismatic Lenses on my archer for the HLD plus you get 25DI and regens. This swordsman could use something that has +HP.

This guy fights for just a few seconds. Pet from other account does the killing.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Only thing that could be slightly better about it (to me at least) is if it was a bone helm, but i do like the hat cause i can see the characters face. i dont wear mace and shields on archers because its just too much of a stat sacrifice for a measly 30 hit lower defense. I do where them on sampires, where its matters a whole lot more if you miss even 1 single hit. for pvp i just put the hld on the weapon.

i much prefer 7 hpi pieces to 5 hpi, because shroud of condemned can be worn instead of conjurer's garb, essentially giving another 5 mana. (i never wear hawkwind's even tho statiscitically its a better robe, its just too ugly to wear)

So with the shroud, and crimson cincture i only need 1 more hpi piece in a suit. Easy to build rest of suit around to cover your damage eater, and stat heavy pieces, while getting in some HPR which isnt too common on the high stat pieces.

not counting the resists, or the worthless EP mod, its 827 imbue weight worth of mods, but i mainly value it for the versatility of suit building.

Is this hat piece recent or old, I see its unnamed legendary , which is why it has all the stats that OP talking about , otherwise tis impossible for legendary named item to have MR , HPR , HPI and StamInc.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this hat piece recent or old, I see its unnamed legendary , which is why it has all the stats that OP talking about , otherwise tis impossible for legendary named item to have MR , HPR , HPI and StamInc.
i got it long time ago. not really sure if those combos are available now, would have to check the reforge menus.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am seeing some pretty decent stuff coming from the new treasure chests. It still won't be the floodgates that were Putrifier and Abcess, but at least single named legendaries have a lot more potential than the monotony of Shadowguard.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
But is a single name good? Best t map ones I've pulled that are single name legendary from fel are 9 mods (counting mage armor and not counting the high resists)

They're good just not the heaviest