• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why is Doom a ghost town?

B

blust4

I went to Doom last night. I can't believe there is no other player there on Saturday night. With the maximum points from Doom artifact when phase 2 turn-in becomes active, I thought people will come to Doom.

Why is Doom totally abandoned?

S

Saris

I have know idea what you are talking about, what shard do you play on?

Doom has been hopping nonstop since that info was released.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I went yesterday I saw only one person - a tamer trying to solo the DF. :(

B

blust4

That is probably me. When I see my greater dragon can't take DF alone, I immediately retreat. (DF's hp drops at the same rate as my GD. But his pawns keep spawning.)

This is Chesapeake shard.

S

Saris

Ah I play atlantic and the only time I get to solo doom is in the wee hours after sever log and about 30 min later the ppl start to trickle in and it will grow untill mindinght. Then they slowy trickle down again until everyone leaves before server log.

Make a Sampire its one of the few temps that can solo doom eaier than a tamer lol

My tamer is a peram noob, he is at 89 but I just cant do it lol, and to think I used to train other ppls skills.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, I visit Doom 2 from time to time - but the only results are deaths. Never got any artie after the changes, although I soloed at least the side rooms with my tamer a few times.
Archer joined others for Dark Fathers, but besides countless deads - nothing.
This is on Drachenfels, btw.
*Salute*
Olahorand

P

packrat

Saris, what does your sampires template look like?
I went to doom on Napa last night and it was dead when we first arrived. As soon as the DF appeared a few people came running in and after one more round they all headed out. We did it a total of 3 rounds and no one got an arty. My luck was 1980 after I touched the luck statue. So I guess luck doesnt help either.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah I play atlantic and the only time I get to solo doom is in the wee hours after sever log and about 30 min later the ppl start to trickle in and it will grow untill mindinght. Then they slowy trickle down again until everyone leaves before server log.

Make a Sampire its one of the few temps that can solo doom eaier than a tamer lol

My tamer is a peram noob, he is at 89 but I just cant do it lol, and to think I used to train other ppls skills.

----------------------------------
Make a Sampire its one of the few temps that can solo doom eaier than a tamer

whats THE template for such DOOM SAMPIRE ans weapon armour of choice, kinda love to make a CHAR THAT COULD ACTUALLY SOLO DF... that would be awesome...

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are several templates which can solo everything in Doom, my favorites are:
Sampire (all 70's suit, demon slayer weapon, undead slayer weapon, max swing speed)
Bard/mage
120 in music/provoke/discord/magery/med/EI
Tamer:
Many possible templates, with 120 taming/lore/magery/meditation. Vet is not required, as the necromancy casting Dark Father will keep you far away from your pet a lot of the time. It is possible to keep your pet healed with vet, but it is very difficult.
ABC:
Archery/bushido/chivalry, with resist/anatomy/healing

The tactics and items you need for each of these templates are completely different from the other templates, and I won't go into that here and now.

Between all of those, if I wanted to make a character to solo Doom, I'd make the ABC.

But my 115 bushido/mace/parry/100 tactics/100 spirit speak/100 necromancy whammy did wonderfully there as well before I switched up his template to fight peerless.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to Doom last night. I can't believe there is no other player there on Saturday night. With the maximum points from Doom artifact when phase 2 turn-in becomes active, I thought people will come to Doom.

It's because they un did the point system, and they are back to almost never dropping. Or at least like the system was intended to do.

It's a waste of time... it's faster to fish fishing nets or anything else.

Get them to admit it's busted... it's EA

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's because they un did the point system, and they are back to almost never dropping. Or at least like the system was intended to do.

Our guild on Baja goes to Doom every Sunday. Several people each week get an artie. So no it's not broken. You just have to play it often.

Ori

D

Desolation87

Our guild on Baja goes to Doom every Sunday. Several people each week get an artie. So no it's not broken. You just have to play it often.

Ori
Oriana is right. I think the drop rate is great. It's still possible to get the arties but don't expect to kill one thing and get an arty. The guild I'm in when we go to doom, we would probably do three or four rounds. And at least 3 drops per doom visit. Not the same people get the drops but still plenty of them.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I need to move to a bigger shard I think. Legends is dead and very few guilds are worth anything there....But also I dont have any tram chars really, they are all geared for teh PvP

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

On Atlantic there are, at every hour...each day, about 40 player or more
there, in Doom.

Think about how many artifacts are dropping each hour, each day, every week...
as easy as its doom now its really a joke to get a lot of artie, and of course,
a lot of point.

I thought that a event should be hard, and not easy as this one..
We have tons of items for the turn in!

I think that a event, to get a reward, have to be difficult and not
so easy as is this!

Just my opinion!

If i was a dev i never give so many points for items you can get so "easly"!

Yesterday i play in doom 1 hour and got 3 arties.
Today i play only 30min and i got another 2.

Too easy!
Why dont give us the rewards for free?
Just my opinion!

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ABC:
Archery/bushido/chivalry, with resist/anatomy/healing

this ones me, the last time i went there in about 2 hours i got a ring of vile.

i wear an all 70s suit, that has stats that helps me have 150 stam, 70 int and 100 hp

it also has about 30 DCI to keep from being hit so much.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need to move to a bigger shard I think. Legends is dead and very few guilds are worth anything there....But also I dont have any tram chars really, they are all geared for teh PvP
I transferred a character from Legends to Atlantic and it's a night and day difference. Now don't get me wrong, I love Legends, but it's such a small shard. There was a good number of people in Doom last night on Atlantic. I found a cross healer right away and had a blast.

E

envinyatar

They didn't undo the point system. I went to Doom with my guild last night for about an hour or so (we're on Chessy). When we arrived there was already 2 DF's, so we took care of those and did another two runs after that. Two of our members got artis (orni and jackal). I will be making sure I hit up Doom often in the next few weeks so I can benefit from the point system and new turn-ins.

V

Vex

Wrong. We took a 6-person party down there on Drach last week. Two hours, Three Arties. Bracey of Health, Mid Bracers and an AOF. It's not broke. Learn how to play it.

B

blust4

I am the original poster. As you might know, I went to Doom and found myself alone on Saturday night in Chesapeake shard. Sunday night is another story. Lots of people there. After playing about four hours, I got one arti. Worth the golden skull I bought earlier. Hehe.

J

jelinidas

The drop rate is busted I tell you! My wife and I went there and we BOTH got shadow dancer legs! What gives? Devs, please fix ASAP!

Kidding aside, we did both get but at different times although same visit. We laughed. :thumbup:

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Bull. We did a guild hunt there a couple weeks ago, took my archer. Two rounds and I pulled an arty. It isn't broken, you're probably just not doing enough damage. They haven't changed anythings since the Nov/Dec update that changed the drop rate.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gotta do damage to earn points! I get more arties now than i ever did...lol

E

envinyatar

I am the original poster. As you might know, I went to Doom and found myself alone on Saturday night in Chesapeake shard. Sunday night is another story. Lots of people there. After playing about four hours, I got one arti. Worth the golden skull I bought earlier. Hehe.
Who is the char you're bringing to Doom? I'm on Chessy and was there Sunday and last night. I'm thinking about doing another couple of runs through tonight. I am so due for an arti, I got one after an hour last night and was there for about 4 hours...

The problem I have is people not cutting the Unholy Bones. If more people would cut them, Doom would be easy as pie.

P

packrat

The problem I have is people not cutting the Unholy Bones. If more people would cut them, Doom would be easy as pie.
How do you cut the bones? I used a blade or scissors?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong. We took a 6-person party down there on Drach last week. Two hours, Three Arties. Bracey of Health, Mid Bracers and an AOF. It's not broke. Learn how to play it.
Maybe the three of us going about 15 rounds (two gold skulls for repairs) and not getting one arty was due to RNG.. We were the only ones there.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On LS, Doom has been touch and go for years now.

The big change was when they changed the arti drop system. This caused Doom to be way more populated, way more consistently.

Now that the drop rate has gone down some, however, it's still more active, more consistently, than it was under the earlier system.

Before, I'd say it was active slightly under 1/7th of the time. Now it's active slightly over around 1/3rd of the time, and it's active at unusual, non-peak times too.

I have personally noticed no change since it was announced that Doom artifacts would be part of the turn-in.

I would still do Doom but not for the turn-in, but for the possibility of getting an orni. On LS, their price is back up to the 40m range.

-Galen's player

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am doing damage.. DF around 80-110, room one/four 50-60/130-150.. room two/three/five 40-50/80-90..

And besides; it's only three of us doing about the same damage. Maybe we don't have enough people down there or something. Or maybe certian characters are bugged.

E

envinyatar

How do you cut the bones? I used a blade or scissors?
Blade.

I set up a macro in UOAssist that uses the blade. Since I have Shift+Ctrl set to show me all names, I set that blade macro to Shift+Ctrl+Z so that while I'm looking at what's around, I can quick hit Z to cut the bones if I see any. Its very effective. Just note that you have to cut the bones numerous times to get rid of them and the more you cut them, the lower level the spawn will be from them. I know not everyone can do it this way. I run a tamer mage so I get my greater on the DF and then set about to cut bones and heal and res if needed.

As for the drops, your points are based on damage done. I don't know if you get more points for most damage or kill shot. I try to make sure that in the rooms I'm casting Mind Blast (no eval req) while my pet is tanking. For anyone that is having a problem, maybe switch up the char you bring with you.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an archer down and a tamer.
Both have recently done some rounds - but an artifact has yet to come.
Currently I would point it to that evil RNG, which seems some chars (like mine) almost never get an artifact.
So Doom is the same stupid system as if was before the so called change, with only added annoyance of necro spells.

Devs, what would be wrong to feed characters, who never received an artifact, with an enhanced chance to get one?
It's soooo frustrating to die again and again and only hear that others have received one or two artifacts that day.

*Salute*
Olahorand

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know I was down in Doom on GL over the weekend several times but what I did notice was like something completely unsaid would go on and the next thing you know your all ALONE...... was weird..... like some sort of out of the pool whistle blew that I couldn't hear and everyone who had been there suddenly vanished.

Later when I returned a bunch of those same folk were back at it. Was like just when you were getting enough folk about that you began to spawn more than a couple DF's and things were going smooth then bam everyone is gone...

N

Nematode

I don't know I was down in Doom on GL over the weekend several times but what I did notice was like something completely unsaid would go on and the next thing you know your all ALONE...... was weird..... like some sort of out of the pool whistle blew that I couldn't hear and everyone who had been there suddenly vanished.

Later when I returned a bunch of those same folk were back at it. Was like just when you were getting enough folk about that you began to spawn more than a couple DF's and things were going smooth then bam everyone is gone...

Perhaps said folks are doing/running stuff that isnt quite, umm, appropriate, there?:lick: Anyway, can anyone tell me if there is any merit to run Doom Gauntlet solo? I mean, with the point system thingy, doesnt it make more sense to have a bigger group running the Gauntlet and refreshing the rooms faster?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps said folks are doing/running stuff that isnt quite, umm, appropriate, there?:lick: Anyway, can anyone tell me if there is any merit to run Doom Gauntlet solo? I mean, with the point system thingy, doesnt it make more sense to have a bigger group running the Gauntlet and refreshing the rooms faster?
Yes it does. More people= more arties... That is probably why Saris doesn't have a problem getting them

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It might also be if they are friends, they are in a vent and only fight at the times they can all be on? I know when someone yells in vent that we are doing a champ spawn, most people in our guild run out and get on their PvP char. If we had a lot of people in Doom, it can look like a mass exodus.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not like there's anything good on the points list. And anyway, the less important doom arties are what like 50k gold to buy now?

K

Killian

Ahh good ole' Doom.... I've been there like.. 5 times since it was put into UO.... Never did get anything.. and Death was SOO common for me.. I haven't been in Doom for over 2 years now... never could get in to it... I would rather just goto a normal dungeon and fight... theres just something about being chased out of a dungeon as a ghost.. then having to some how get back and get your corpse..... specially since I turn off item insurence when I do this... Such a rush.. I don't play with high end items.. at least with anything that cost more than 300k on LS and since I try to stay away from UO being an item based game... It leaves me enjoying UO on a different level, one that in ways reminds me of the Pre-AOS days

But.. maybe I need to expirence Doom with the right crowd.. :)

S

Saris

Yes it does. More people= more arties... That is probably why Saris doesn't have a problem getting them

True if I solo I can go mayeby 3 rounds before my Axe needs repair, if there is 9-12 I can do 25 runs for my axe is done, 3 rounds solo = 0 arties, 25 runs with 9 ppl = 2-4 arties however, there is a point of diminishing return, too many folks and it gets chaotic, I die more and get less points.

Got my arse handed to me last night, everything in doom blood oathed me non stop but I still got an AOF out of it so its worth the skull.