• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why is Atlantic down?

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got home from work 8:50 am EST... tried to log on and Atlantic is not in my list.... has it been down or did it crash?

Scar Steel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got home from work 8:50 am EST... tried to log on and Atlantic is not in my list.... has it been down or did it crash?
Seems to have crashed. I was online about 6 am Central time this morning, stepped away for a bit, and came back to find the shard down when I tried to login about the same time as you did. No idea when it actually went down, but it is still down atm. (8:55 cst)

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a great way to start a 3 day weekend.... still down at 10:05 am EST....
does this mean I have to deal with real life... blah... the reason I play this game is so I can avoid that crap!!!

Scar Steel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still seems to be down. Since it has been down this long (10.05 CST here) I wonder if it was taken down deliberately for some other issue? All my other shards seem to be fine, and pinging as normal.
Any UO devs able to advise?

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do they inform customers of maintenance times? or is this just another unannounced downtime...
Yeah most times for regular maintenance (around 5:00 am EST, stays down about 30 minutes), they will give about a 2 minute warning (message) in game stating that the server is going down... but sometimes like this one.. the server will crash and go down... sometimes we may get a message from a GM telling us the problem... but sad to say sometimes the server will crash and nobody will tell us why...

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
Yeah most times for regular maintenance (around 5:00 am EST, stays down about 30 minutes), they will give about a 2 minute warning (message) in game stating that the server is going down... but sometimes like this one.. the server will crash and go down... sometimes we may get a message from a GM telling us the problem... but sad to say sometimes the server will crash and nobody will tell us why...

Im referring to times outside the standard daily maintenance period. I have noticed times when the shard goes down outside of that. For example what happened the other day. Do they notify people at all? Same with reverts seems like no one gets advanced notice and they just do whatever.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if the shard crashes then there will be no in game warning, it will just go poof and you will lose connection and be kick out the game... the revert happens if they have to use the last back-up of game to restart the shard.
If there is a bug or problem that they have to fix outside the normal maintenance and they decide to take the shard down... then usually we will get an in game message notifying us that they are taking down the shard.

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
If there is a bug or problem that they have to fix outside the normal maintenance and they decide to take the shard down... then usually we will get an in game message notifying us that they are taking down the shard.
That's what I was asking lol, thanks.