• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why I would NEVER play this game again.

Booky

Visitor
The cheats, the Gold sites. The lag, the dead content, the bugs, the economy, the lack of players, the total lack of any care or skill from the development team, the lack of vision, the trolls, the arrogance of vets, The idiots that run the forums, The big announcement, please add your own reasons.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've had exactly the opposite experience. I've played UO more this past year than the last few. The invasions, the Treasures of Tokuno, now the Black Gate and Deceit rewards. And in the meantime, I re-found Blackthorn's Captains and Shadowguard. I re-fit all of my characters suits with modern legendaries and updated artifacts. I'd say there are still pockets of excitement and plenty of activity in this game.

Ning

Journeyman
Personally I'm excited to be back. I left for other pastures 15 years ago but UO has always been my first and foremost love. Some of the best times I've had in 30 years of gaming happened here. Many years ago after the EA/Mythic switch I looked into coming back but couldn't figure out how to access my accts. Figured they were dead and gone forever. I played a couple good free shards but it just wasn't the same as sweet home Sonoma and had pretty much given up. Until a few weeks ago my son figured out how to log into Sonoma and showed me how. I raced home after work and excitedly jumped right on.

Oh my God, the nostalgia and memories came rushing back and by the end of the night I'd reupped both my primary accounts and set about rebuilding. I'm having a blast. I feel like I'm back home again in the world I all but lived in for so long. Sure, things have changed, pop is down, the economy is crazy, etc but it's not all bad. I can hunt where I please, place whatever house I want in any number of great locations, and it turns out quite a bit of my old stuff is valuable. Sure, my old friends are long gone, but so what, I'll make new ones. Or not. Don't matter, I'll still have fun. I'm sorry that the OP is so bitter. Sucks for him. I'm ecstatic.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who cares. You have posted 7 messages on stratics. So participation as Part of a multi Player game looks a Bit different than yours. Asuming that sharing adventures in game is at the same level.
There is a lot of things I dislike in this game. Some of them are the same as you mention .
But there is a lot stuff I like. The Balance is at my site to Stay.
This forum is the wrong place to wine. Shard your thoughts at forum. Uo. Com

Booky

Visitor
Can you imagine registering an account on a game’s forum to explain why you won’t play the game? Hilariously sad.

Sadder than paying fifteen bucks for a broken game?

think it just depends on the vet. I know a lot of helpful and friendly vets.

Maybe one can give you your shots :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Can you imagine creating an account on a forum to complain about a 23 year old game that is well known to be under staffed, has a committed group of player followers, and enjoyed by many. Just to cause stupid drama?

Oh I get it. You don't have a paid account so you can't log into the official forums. Yes, I agree, this thread is hilariously sad. Moving on.

*Flicks his wrist* Dispiro Malas

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you imagine registering an account on a game’s forum to explain why you won’t play the game? Hilariously sad.

What did I call you to make you so angry? And you were supposed to keep my secret identity a secret...

Booky

Visitor
I've raised 3 kids. I don't even consider anything less than $100 as money anymore. 15 bucks for a game I love or even a decent hamburger is nothing to me anymore.

I could **** in a bun for you.

Heck in that case just shoot me $90 a week

Poverty steals choices from children, cheating them out of education, healthcare, access to clean water and income generation for their families and community. Through child sponsorship you give those choices back. Bang!

What did I call you to make you so angry? And you were supposed to keep my secret identity a secret...

I am not angry I am just disappointed.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

I’m not surprised you had difficulties with the game given you can’t figure out how to imbed quotes.

Ning

Journeyman
Well I suppose you could Booky. It might even be worth $15 bucks just to see if you could aim that well.

Booky

Visitor
Could what? wtf are you talking about? I would prefer to save a kid than ruin a kid, so my fifteen bucks goes to buy a goat for some kid so he has a Dad.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Clearly based on the posts you are.

Rage Nerd quit post "Why I would NEVER play this game again."

Several more stupid Nerd Drama posts.

Wrapping up with Nerd animal fantasies about a goat

Seems pretty clear to me. You are indeed a Nerd.

Congrats! At least you can wear your special hat in public now. :tinhat:

Booky

Visitor
I am not a nerd sir and if you test me I am sure I would fail, would a nerd?

Some people don't like Frank Comments and say its Saul Goodman, I was just an Alpha Beta that didn't make Snarly Beakers to sing Danny Boy.

I cannot play this game in its current form because all the corrupt Em's just wait until an EJ has maxed, ban them and take all their stuff.

Last edited:

Ning

Journeyman
Dude, you quoted me and replied with snark just a few posts up and you fail to know what I was talking about? Apparently I need to brush up my witty rejoinders. But please, go on with your Alpha Beta kid saving business. Don't mind me.

Booky

Visitor
I am going out of this game as I went into this game, an *******.

But at least I recognise it.

Last edited:

a wizard

Journeyman
The cheats, the Gold sites. The lag, the dead content, the bugs, the economy, the lack of players, the total lack of any care or skill from the development team, the lack of vision, the trolls, the arrogance of vets, The idiots that run the forums, The big announcement, please add your own reasons.
Congratulations, you basically just summed up 90% of games out there that have been active for more than 3 years.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play Ultima Online for 22 years, since 1998 (mainly on Drachenfels, cause I am from Germany). You cant play another Online Game since 1998, imho. So what?

zebesquefe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've raised 3 kids. I don't even consider anything less than $100 as money anymore. 15 bucks for a game I love or even a decent hamburger is nothing to me anymore.
OMG!! I have only one kid and when he was a newborn I measured the cost of things in diaper "oh it costs 4 diapers"!

Ning

Journeyman
Haha Zeb! Totally! Kids are the most expensive things that you'll never own. After a while and enough kids you're completely desensitized to certain dollar figures. Oh, it's 80 bucks? Okay. Mine range between 15 and 33 so every conversation with them costs me money these days. LoL

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I cannot play this game in its current form because all the corrupt Em's just wait until an EJ has maxed, ban them and take all their stuff.
I get it now. You are here because you do not have a paid account which is required for the official forum since you were on an EJ account.

You are bitter because your EJ account got banned and you lost all your stuff. Whatever you did to earn that would have just been a warning on a paid account.
Maybe don't do that again or upgrade to a paid account if you are going to push the edge a bit.

Lastly I can't imagine what your particular account would have on it that staff would have been interested in taking. They can pretty much create whatever they need. It just gets deleted with your banned account.

sounds like the solution for you is a paid account and some friends.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Se
Seems you are at fault here, not the game. Your expectations of the game, and the fact that you committed a banable act, while playing of a free EJ account. Maybe you should read the TOS some times. All of what you mention as problems with UO are rampant more or less on all the MMO's out there. And you could not find a more wrong time to complain. These days we have new content all the time. Actually, so much so that we have one event after another, more pertinent to non-EJ players.
Most of the people in the game enjoy it. There are many reasons. This game is hard, and grindy, and not for the impatient and of weak fiber. This game is its own little world, has its good and bad parts. Its been around for 23 years. Either you like it or you don't. Subscribe, don't play freebie EJ only, and develop relationships in game, and don't offend people in game, and don't beg, or expect anyone including vets to bow to your every need. Don't violate TOS or rules of proper conduct. Develop the ability to gain respect and honor from others, start being trustworthy in-game.
You sound like a professional from your language, you surely understand the above.
Anyways I hope you change your mind and subscribe. I agree that this game has a lot of drama in all ways possible, but that is what makes this a great game. I think something happened to make you angry on an EJ account. EJ accounts are very limited, and they have their own special TOS limitations.
EJ is not the game: They are supposed to give you a flavor of the game, so you can see a little of what the game has to offer and subscribe.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@celticus In fact I think the poster is so ignorant of the rules to not even know that when EJ was announced (I was the sole rep for my shard at the 20th anniversary celebration, so I heard the statement in person) that Mesanna made it clear....

Rules violations by paying players would usually get warnings, unless they had a pile of simultaneous infractions or were repeat offenders
Rules violations by EJ accounts were subject to immediate banning.

Ning

Journeyman
You are right Celticus. The difficulty and lack of instant gratification always appealed to me. Unlike other MMO's which were continually dumbed down and easy-moded to lure casual ADD gamers. UO can be work. Although the game in current form is about as easy as UO has ever been. Anyone that GM'ed craft skills prior to the new menus and UO Assist and such as that can attest. Anyone that started prior to Renaissance knows the pain of trying to build your character and get established in that environment can attest to how frustrating the game could be. You literally paid a monthly fee to get pi**ed off on a daily basis.

If you don't want to run the risk of getting spanked, don't screw around. Know the TOS and follow it. Granted there were times plenty of us took chances, myself included....but man was that forge in a bag awesome...lol. In the end, it's a 23 year old dinosaur, but it still offers more features and gratification than any game that's come since. It's not for everyone but for those who do get the bug never leave UO behind, even when they're no longer playing.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
@celticus In fact I think the poster is so ignorant of the rules to not even know that when EJ was announced (I was the sole rep for my shard at the 20th anniversary celebration, so I heard the statement in person) that Mesanna made it clear....

Rules violations by paying players would usually get warnings, unless they had a pile of simultaneous infractions or were repeat offenders
Rules violations by EJ accounts were subject to immediate banning.
Kind of like a lot of us do we rarely if ever look at the TOS. Speaking of myself mostly though I never do "bad stuff".
I really hope he subs. But he needs to change some things and thoughts about self, expectations, and his gameplay FIRST. Otherwise will put him in the Unleashed. :devil:

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait. Lag? Are you still on dial up? Or did Bezos suddenly downgrade the Amazon cloud servers to 386 XT systems?