• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why don't you play Siege?

• Thread starter Midnight Rambler
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_badskidmarks

I actually just started playing on Siege yesterday....character name is Resden Laelithar...and I believe you were the one that helped me out a bit with some armor, a weapon and some gold to get started...thanks for that...now I'm just getting my skills raised to where I can get out there and start getting killed lol...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I wish they had some sort of set up where you could rent a room in an inn or expand player homes so that they could run as inns letting friends place 125 item strongboxes again, so long as they had no house on the shard, and had not already placed a strongbox elsewhere to accommodate people not willing to drop their houses on other shards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I already posted about the Zoo of NEW on the siege board. But that is what I did for over a year. I would friend the Noobs to my britt gate home and let them lock down one box or bag.
Please PM me about a good time to get together about a partial remodel on your run Lib to offer a crafting center/ comunity gathering place.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't play Siege because I don't like PvP.

I suspect as a co-operative player that enjoys crafting and other friendly pursuits - I would get griefed to no end on Siege.

Plus with only one char slot - you can't even create a 'full' crafter on Siege.

I never really understood the one char limit there.

Also given the utter lack of 'safe' spots to work your skills - it is imperative to have a house there. I would not want to to give up my 'production shard' house to place one on Siege to 'try' it out.

If they really wanted people to play there - allow 1 house per acct on Siege/Mugen in ADDITION to production shard houses.

G

I play prodo shards because:
-PvP templetes are in greater variety
-Skill gain is faster
-Can have multiple PvP templetes all good for different situations
-PvP is way more balanced on Prodo shards
-This game is too item based these days to have to reform a suit every death
-I only play in fel anyway, besides going to luna bank to sell wares
-Ping is lousy on seige (90-110)

Production shards are superior in almost every aspect except that you are free to kill all players on seige on any facet. While this is fun to do occasionally, I usually play for the challenge, not to kill miners and bank sitters like a lot of seigers.

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

I usually play for the challenge, not to kill miners and bank sitters like a lot of seigers.

[/ QUOTE ]

somebody tell you thats what happens there?

I

imported_Tina Small

ROT is the main thing keeping me from giving Siege a serious try. I also haven't played UO long enough to remember the thrill and excitement of playing every moment looking over your character's shoulder for the character that's planning to PK her. I can't say that I'm at the stage yet where that's the way I want to play UO all the time. I seem to play in Fel a little more every day but I still enjoy the safety of Trammel for a lot of activities and am not yet ready to give it up completely for any of my characters.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I suspect as a co-operative player that enjoys crafting and other friendly pursuits - I would get griefed to no end on Siege.

[/ QUOTE ]

So incredibly wrong. I don't pvp. Tons of people on siege don't pvp, and we have a great time. The shard ALWAYS welcomes new crafters.

I get pked from time to time, but its pretty rare really, because I know where to go and when to go there.

The reasons for both the why people shouldn't be able to place an extra house and why there are only 1 character per account have already been stated in this thread a ton of times. But you dont need a "complete" crafter to get a lot of business, and while its perfectly safe to work in town, you can use another players house to do your thing out of.
In fact anyone who is interested may feel free to stay in my home, which is a nice vendor spot, and have a free vendor.

G

<blockquote><hr>

-Ping is lousy on seige (90-110)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a problem, alot do have worse ping than you.

G

First, the whole heading of the question makes an assumption...yes I do play Siege....just not that often.

Why not that often? Lets see:
I am doing my banking in Vesper / Trinsic / Moonglow (Insert bank), hidden of course, and along comes a gank squad of 3-5 players casting reveal all over the place, then being potty mouths when they find out your blue, so they cannot gank me without getting guard whacked.

I am collecting wool on the edge of town, when a group of players runs through and tries to kill me (Insert location and number of times...to many to remember) and being a veteran player I simply cross quickly back into the guard zone and hide. The gank squad follows and starts being potty mouths about “trammies”...like 3-4 PvP oriented players vs. a crafter were any challenge at all.....

Last week I was in Luna browsing vendors on my crafter, as I ran back to the bank, a guy in a house near the corner of the East entrance uses his third floor door into nothing to try and teleport - insta death me...fails as normal. At least he just went back in his house and did not turn into a potty mouth.

And last, but most important....the UHall boards are full of self pretentious siege players who make false claims about Siege, act like somehow their decisions about what they enjoy make them better then other people, as opposed to the truth, they just have different preferences then other people.

In short, I cannot stand the attitude of Siege players in general.

So, despite the person who started this thread with their pretentious assumptions in the question that people do not play Siege, I do, but only when I am in the mood to deal with the attitude.

Flame away, your pixel words are harmless

G

*nods* I hear you. I would like to point out that idiots are not a Siege exclusive. Know what I mean?

M

Midnight Rambler

Well, considering this was rather obviously a question directed at those who do not play siege I think you're acting a little out of line calling me pretentious. While I hardly care about your attitude toward me I do think this pervasive assumption that all siege players are [censored] talkers that you and a few others have expressed is a joke. I mean, hell, I created a char on Atlantic a few weeks ago for this faction event and I saw 10 times worse behavior walking around Yew then I do on Siege... Now, this isn't a knock against Atlantic or any other shard for that matter, I'm just trying to illustrate to you that you are taking a rather strong stance using a small sample size.

The fact is, as Kelmo has so eloquently put is that there are punks everywhere in this game or any other but it is a misconception to say that Siege is any different attitude wise than any other shard. In fact, and remember Ive played this game too damn long and on multiple shards, I whole heartedly believe that the percentage of people on Siege have much better attitudes than anywhere else.

And please, lets not turn this into some flame thread. I have genuine interest in the opinions of the player base.

K

kahlia

<blockquote><hr>

I don't play Siege because I don't like PvP.

<font color="red"> I don't like PVP either. There are many players on Siege who do not PVP.
</font>

<font color="red"> Very untrue. Crafters are very welcomed on Siege. Many of the larger guilds do friendly activities. In addition, loners do fine on Siege too. </font>

Plus with only one char slot - you can't even create a 'full' crafter on Siege.

<font color="red">Full crafters are easy with the use of soulstones. </font>

I never really understood the one char limit there.

Also given the utter lack of 'safe' spots to work your skills - it is imperative to have a house there. I would not want to to give up my 'production shard' house to place one on Siege to 'try' it out.

<font color="red">There are plenty of safe spots to work skills. In addition, not being so safe is what makes Siege fun. </font>

If they really wanted people to play there - allow 1 house per acct on Siege/Mugen in ADDITION to production shard houses.

<font color="red"> I certainly understand why housing would be an issue. However, starting a character on Siege does not mean you need an immediate house. Play first...if you like it then other decisions could be made. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Because I can not take a step backwards. In this case not even a step back but a stumble because all they did was take away insurance and make it hard to create a decent character.

To me siege is NOT like the old days. Siege is not fun at all like the game was years ago instead it is just plain unrealistic.

Years ago we did not have the things we have today and to leave said things in the game and just take away the ability to insure them is not making the game fun like it was. On top of that after years and years of making a character over and over again the last thing I want to do is spend 20 times as long building a new character to do the same things I can on any other shard only without the ability to insure anything I use.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And last, but most important....the UHall boards are full of self pretentious siege players who make false claims about Siege, act like somehow their decisions about what they enjoy make them better then other people, as opposed to the truth, they just have different preferences then other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont get me wrong, I understand alot of people would not like siege, and I dont want to say that siege is better than a normal shard, but I want to make it clear that you are making equally "false" statements about siege as all of its boosters.

You speak from your own experience which I wont refute a bit, but you give people the impression that that is all siege is. I have played siege since it opened like 9 years ago, and I can say that these are not the experiences I've had.
I've been pked sure, but its not that common for me.
Do those things happen? Of course. Are they the norm? Not from my experience.

Honestly most of that kind of talk seems to me to come from people coming to the shard (not you) some jerk pks them, and they explode because since someone said we have a lot of great players (which I will attest to 100%) that there were no jerks.

But anyway you get what I mean, and I really don't think the OP was being pretentious at all, but was just enjoying the shard and was curious why others didn't, and I don't understand why a question that wasn't aimed at people who DO play siege was at all presumptuous.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First reason would be having to leave most of my friends behind. Second reason would be my houses. Last reason would be the RoT...

Ofcourse you can always make new friends, or convince current friends to make the switch aswell, but I don't play Siege because I'm quite content at where I am at the moment...

I

imported_wrekognize

I have a pretty good tamer on siege, but don't like the idea of playing there because I can't place a house. My main characters are all on chessy, and live in the house i'm not will to give up.

C

Clx-

I don't play Siege becouse it has even greater PvP inbalances than 'normal' shards.

J

Jhym

I don't play siege because my primary shard is Chesapeake.

I can't move my characters, nor rebuild friendships, so there I stay.

I have to say I'm still amused at the "oh my it was so much better -insert years ago- without -insert activity- and with -insert pvp activity-". I tried Siege multiple times and found it to be a lot of work for no return; my main characters needed that time on their home shard.

I'm very glad you are enjoying yourself there, but I and a good number of others have no reason to uproot and move there, thanks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ill give you a good reason why i won't ever play Siege.

GM leather armor vs Super Dragon.

End of Thread/

[/ QUOTE ]

I guarantee super dragons can be killed on siege. If we can kill event monsters, peerless and doom bosses, super dragons aren't much of a threat.

Probably couldn't melee it, but thats not a good idea even with uber armor.

I

imported_Anakena

I started on Siege the day it was created, but I had to give up fast because of my connection (2 steps, freeze, two steps, freeze,....). I was then playing on dial-up. I gave it a try later : it was better but still laggy.

I

imported_Splup

I have tried but Im European (Finnish), and my ping to Siege is 130-140, which basically means that I cast slower and run slower then others (U.S)... And when you add 50ms+speedhack opponents ur dead... Really fighting with 3x ms compared to your opponent is pain..

I could make gimb bola tamer, but Im not really into lame temps.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So many things to address....

1. First, I want to say that understand why most of you don't play Siege. Thank you for the honest replies. There are some things said here that I don't remember seeing before, so it is good to ask once and while why keeps people away from Siege.

2. I especially want to thank *most* of you for keeping this thread from turning into a "Siege sucks/Prodo shards suck!" meltdown. I saw this thread and almost didn't read it bc I thought for sure, by page 4 it would have deteriorated to the point a lock was imminent.

3. As for housing, I am totally against allowing players to place the smallest house on Siege, for all of the reasons Skylark mentioned. I have always thought it would be cool to get some use out of the inns in all of the towns. People could "rent" a room in one of the inns and place chests in their "room". However, that would probably be very complicated to code. So many things to consider.

4. I have been a crafter for my entire time on Siege (going on 4 years now). Have I been killed mining or sheering sheep? Check. Have I been ganked, rez-killed and dry-looted? Check. Have I ever been killed at the bank or the smithshop? No (although people have tried!!). Does it occur every time I play? No.

5. I was not limited to crafting. I had magery on my template so I often went to champ spawns and hunts with my guild. I sucked, but I could at least heal/rez and throw out some EVs. I also used alchy and the Ecru ring and did some damage with conflag pots and Explo pots. I think you are only limited in the char you play if you allow yourself to be limited. Does that make sense?

I must go to work. Carry on!

W

Woodbuthcer

Well I have a char thats been on siege for aobut 9 yrs now. Never did anything with him. He is still a newb.

I wanted to check out a spot to see what could be placed there. On test center you can't place houses right now. So I decided to check on siege what could be or what was placed there.

Well signed on this char that is ancient and guess what he is dead and is in the middle of the maze.

I find my way out of there, find a healer and head for the brit gate. The area I was looking to place a house was south of Luna.

I jump the gate to luna and head out of town.

Remember I am in a death robe. No armor, no weps, nothing of value.

I walk just out of sight of luna and wam some guy kills me.

I am like, ok, you had your fun. He offers to res me. I let him.

Bamm dead again. The guy just laughs at me.

So I head into town get ressed and head out a different gate to try and check this house seat out.

I made it about 10 screens south of luna, Just crossed the long bridge. When I see another blue off in a house.

I keep hustling down the road and here comes the guy I passed from his house.

Bamm dead again...

I logged the char off dead right there in the middle of the road south of luna and decided if that is the type of introduction to Siege blues give...

No thanks, You can keep Siege.

This is why it is so empty.

Who wants to die 3 times in a half hour just for walking down the street?

and no I didn't give any counts

G

Funny how many of the bad experiences I read about regarding Siege start with "I went to Luna..."

When I started on Siege nearly 4 years ago, I was new to UO. I had not been to Luna. I had it in my mind to go exploring there. The first thing one of my new acquaintances on Siege told me in party chat when I announced my plan was "oh my, do NOT go to Luna". She knew what she was talking about. For some reason, Luna on Siege has been from what I hear comparable to the Yew gate of Fel on regular shards for years. In retrospect, I realize how little time I have spent in Luna over the years...in fact the majority of the times I would go there was when it was late, and getting close to the time I would normally log off, and my friend would say "let's go to Luna for a few minutes and watch the circus." So we'd go park ourselves near the bank or moongate, and chat...and sure enough, there nearly was always a circus of some sort, to watch while we did so.

I have been killed quite a few times on Siege as a crafter and resource gatherer, but with a few exceptions that I could probably number on the fingers of one hand, all incidents of potty mouth/trash talking &amp; temper/poor sport fits I have witnessed have taken place...in and around Luna. For a city of paladins it sure is a sleazy place.

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

You speak from your own experience which I wont refute a bit, but you give people the impression that that is all siege is. I have played siege since it opened like 9 years ago, and I can say that these are not the experiences I've had.

[/ QUOTE ]

But maybe because you've been on there so long you're well known and so do not experience the same thing as more newer people do.

Not saying thats how it is, just making an observation.

As a sidenote, I don't get this "its not safe, hence more fun"...when I go to the movies, I don't cry out "Remove the police so I can have a greater chance of getting mugged or shot, that will make my movie experience so much more fun!"

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]so you are telling me, that if I go and make a 7x100 character in the next week on your produ shard I will have a chance in pvp? Why don't I believe you... oh yeah:
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I would need to buy a multimillion gold suit in order to get near competitive level with you. On siege you can be competitive with one weapon and a few bandaids. pvp is NOT balance don produ shards, it is way more item based. Because you have no risk to lose your items, so u use them. On siege if you pull out your big guns, and get killed, you lose them. As such, people don't do that often. So you find a much more balanced pvp playing field.

<blockquote><hr>

While this is fun to do occasionally, I usually play for the challenge, not to kill miners and bank sitters like a lot of seigers.

[/ QUOTE ]lol, I can tell you've never played Siege and are basing this on someone else's opinion. How do I know? Easy, there are no miners to kill! Shard has too few players to make any sort of progress killing miners. Lol. way to tip your hand, I call your bluff.

I

imported_revenant2

<blockquote><hr>

So many things to address....

1. First, I want to say that understand why most of you don't play Siege. Thank you for the honest replies. There are some things said here that I don't remember seeing before, so it is good to ask once and while why keeps people away from Siege.

2. I especially want to thank *most* of you for keeping this thread from turning into a "Siege sucks/Prodo shards suck!" meltdown. I saw this thread and almost didn't read it bc I thought for sure, by page 4 it would have deteriorated to the point a lock was imminent.

3. As for housing, I am totally against allowing players to place the smallest house on Siege, for all of the reasons Skylark mentioned. I have always thought it would be cool to get some use out of the inns in all of the towns. People could "rent" a room in one of the inns and place chests in their "room". However, that would probably be very complicated to code. So many things to consider.

4. I have been a crafter for my entire time on Siege (going on 4 years now). Have I been killed mining or sheering sheep? Check. Have I been ganked, rez-killed and dry-looted? Check. Have I ever been killed at the bank or the smithshop? No (although people have tried!!). Does it occur every time I play? No.

5. I was not limited to crafting. I had magery on my template so I often went to champ spawns and hunts with my guild. I sucked, but I could at least heal/rez and throw out some EVs. I also used alchy and the Ecru ring and did some damage with conflag pots and Explo pots. I think you are only limited in the char you play if you allow yourself to be limited. Does that make sense?

I must go to work. Carry on!

[/ QUOTE ]

I just took a gallop around the Siege countryside; Malas, Tokuno, and part of Felucca. The amount of available housing space is stunning. There's tons and tons of room! I feel kind-of disgusted with the people who would begrudge the interested people among us even the tinyest house on siege.

There would MOST CERTAINLY BE NO REAL HARM to the existing playerbase of Siege in letting people place a small, refresh-required house! In the context of a house that decays in a week if not refreshed by the account owner, the "hell no" camp hasn't shown me how their inconvenience outweighs the desires of people to come and try it for real. And in the face of how much open space there is, it makes them look, well, spoiled.

After seeing that, I take back what I said about how it would be cool if EA opened up some seperate area of the shard for these little, decay-possible houses. There's no justification for it, and I say that from an admin standpoint. If they decide to do something like this, they should just let people place in the main world, it's not worth their time to make a special housing arrangement in a different world area. If they somehow didn't like the direction it went, they can always change the rules on placement of such decay-prone houses later.

It seems that the people who have their mains on siege are primarily against people being able to place a small second house there. None have acknowledged the possibility of having those small houses fall in a week if the person doesn't refresh them, and how that would impact what they feel are the bad parts of the idea.

And on the other hand, there's a number of people who feel like they want to be more involved with Siege, and that not being able to place anything at all is a big reason they don't stick around.

Some of the existing Siege guys seem to expect people to make some kind of "commitment" to their shard, a commitment that is so big that it requires them to abandon their stuff on their normal, production shards. I think their perspective is out of whack: Siege is the niche, minority, very low population shard, not the other way around. It's not like production shards are some sort of trash and our houses and the system there belong spinning around in the toilet bowl.

I feel that as the low-population shard, the existing, low population can be expected to make consessions to bring the population up and move more active players in. And in this case, it barely qualifies as a consession, they have an embarrassment of open space over there. They'd do just fine with the housing arrangement I described.

And don't forget, all the housing space throughout the whole shard is accessible to reds. It's not like they are all crowding themselves into the Felucca lands or anything, the whole shard really is available to everyone.

I now feel more firmly than ever that it's a great idea to let people place a single, small, owner-refresh-required house on Siege in addition to another house on another shard.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

[removed to save space]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good post rev, but as you say Siege is a smaller niche shard with lower population... hence the housing space. Now, lets say we let anyone place a second small house there. Now we have the potential of having every single player of every single shard putting a small house on siege... How long do you think space would remain open?

If a high population production shard has housing issues with just its population, how would siege not experience problems if multiple high population shards' worth of houses were there? And that even with less total housing space (no tram).

Please, do not get me wrong- I do not want to be a: give us total commitment or none person- but I do not think opening us to extra housing is wise.

G

The key to the 2nd house on Siege thing is the manual refresh. That keeps a good majority of the problem in line.

I tend to favor the larger bank box aproach or the tent idea myself.

I play Siege on occasion. I have too many friends elsewhere to move permanently if I had the desire. I don't like the 1 char limit. I have a well developed char and a mostly developed crafter I play from time to time.

I know many people complain about RoT but I think changes to it need to be made carefully. Siege is the way it is partly because of the RoT. Removal of it wouldn be bad as many would probably agree. I think the quality people that play on Siege are not hindered by it. New players seem to think it an obstacle though. *shrugs* Never really seen it as a problem myself.

G

I dont play SP becouse
1 PS
2 Rot
3 Cant sell to npc

So trash Rot and remove PS and finaly let me sell to npc and i will be there in a sec.
I know that removal of PS will have effect on tamers, but that is all.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

The key to the 2nd house on Siege thing is the manual refresh. That keeps a good majority of the problem in line.

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree.
I am not sure how that will dissuade people from building a house and devoting ~25 seconds a week to refreshing it. Especially if they actually start platying siege as a fun alternative to their 'home' shard. Their once a week visit to play a little by itself will be enough to keep their houses up...

We have enough people on siege that have accounts open for the sole purpose of keeping a house- they dont play the account at all, they just pay. I imagine there will be plenty of people willing to spend a few seconds a week to keep their hosue up even if they don't play each week.

I

imported_revenant2

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree.
I am not sure how that will dissuade people from building a house and devoting ~25 seconds a week to refreshing it. Especially if they actually start platying siege as a fun alternative to their 'home' shard. Their once a week visit to play a little by itself will be enough to keep their houses up...

We have enough people on siege that have accounts open for the sole purpose of keeping a house- they dont play the account at all, they just pay. I imagine there will be plenty of people willing to spend a few seconds a week to keep their hosue up even if they don't play each week.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the kicker for me too, though, the manual refresh.

It's easy to not log into a shard for a week if you're not really playing there. I felt like if someone really stays tied up on their "home" shard, they will eventually slip up and lose that little 1-roomer they had on Siege. And with the housing prices on Siege being what they are, it's not like a barely-active Siege player can charge back and just drop another.

G

1- No second house on the same account.
2- I'm <font color="black"> TERRIBLE </font> at PvP. That said I don't really care if I die cause I only intend to craft.
3- I am too impatient to train skills over a period of months.
4- How badly does SP want/need a new gardener?

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

1- No second house on the same account.
2- I'm <font color="black"> TERRIBLE </font> at PvP. That said I don't really care if I die cause I only intend to craft.
3- I am too impatient to train skills over a period of months.
4- How badly does SP want/need a new gardener?

[/ QUOTE ]

WE BADLY NEED GARDENERS!!! I am not joking you!! We have a desperate need for gardeners right now!! Come join us, please!! I am sure someone can hook you up with seeds, pots, water jugs, fertile dirt and potions to get your started!! Maybe someone has some space they can lend you to grow/store them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]so you are telling me, that if I go and make a 7x100 character in the next week on your produ shard I will have a chance in pvp? Why don't I believe you... oh yeah:
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I would need to buy a multimillion gold suit in order to get near competitive level with you. On siege you can be competitive with one weapon and a few bandaids. pvp is NOT balance don produ shards, it is way more item based. Because you have no risk to lose your items, so u use them. On siege if you pull out your big guns, and get killed, you lose them. As such, people don't do that often. So you find a much more balanced pvp playing field.

<blockquote><hr>

While this is fun to do occasionally, I usually play for the challenge, not to kill miners and bank sitters like a lot of seigers.

[/ QUOTE ]lol, I can tell you've never played Siege and are basing this on someone else's opinion. How do I know? Easy, there are no miners to kill! Shard has too few players to make any sort of progress killing miners. Lol. way to tip your hand, I call your bluff.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="red"> </font>

1. I did give seige a try at request from long time guildy's Itachi and Death's Betrayal
2. PvP is absolutely horenous there, little talent, basically same templetes every fight
3. Tamer's are already a powerhouse on prodo shards if known how to use effectively, but on seige they are absurd due to lack of items/resistances
4. If you can't make 5m in a week on a prodo shard, you probably should be playing seige (1.5m RBC, 1.5m KasaRajin, 500kpendantmagi, 5 horned runic kits, = competitive suit)
5. Since items are insurable and easy to come by, most people's suits/stats are very similar in strengths
6. Seige is a dead shard, go there for roleplaying
7. I was playing beta on pacific likely before you knew what a seige was

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

I stopped reading when you said you were guildies with Itachi.

See, one of the nice things about Siege is that you can't hide behind 5 or 6 other characters. When you get a bad rep, it sticks.

Stay far from Siege. Please.

G

I also don't like the 'In your face' attitude of the Siege community.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Last week I was in Luna browsing vendors on my crafter, as I ran back to the bank, a guy in a house near the corner of the East entrance uses his third floor door into nothing to try and teleport - insta death me...fails as normal. At least he just went back in his house and did not turn into a potty mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Took a trip one day to Siege Luna, [shopping], riding a normal stable horse, armed with my normal bow, special move set, some guy did the very same thing, attacking me from the house, I don't know who was more surprise when my return shot froz him in place.

M

Midnight Rambler

It seems most everyone's put forth their opinion on the matter and I appreciate it, as we kept this relatively clean.

As for the attitude of the Siege community, I thought it did alright in this instance. If we displayed any attitude it was due to the frustrating assumptions that many people have about the shard while at the same time never really experiencing it. Ridiculously pk situations do happen as well as trash talking but it's far from Siege exclusive.

For those that want to stay in trammel, whichever shard it may be on that's fine, Siege and fellucia in general are not for you. There really is two sides to this game in that regard. I was just curious why vets like myself and those who prefer a little more danger and excitement in their virtual worlds didn't try out Siege and I got some great responses. Personally, as I've stated a few times too many probably, I thought it was RoT. But many of your responses show very different areas that could be changed in order to garner some interest. I appreciate all the responses (aside from a couple, I gotta be honest) and hopefully we can see some changes that will get some more of you on board. Because while it's got it's drawbacks, I think it's got the potential to be much more fun then what's going on anywhere else.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]lol.
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]lol, I'd hope so. Do you know when Siege came into existence? How about pacific? Now... compare those two dates... then look in a mirror... and tell me what you see.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]lol.
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]lol, I'd hope so. Do you know when Siege came into existence? How about pacific? Now... compare those two dates... then look in a mirror... and tell me what you see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pacific was the first shard in all UO bud, fyi.

M

Midnight Rambler

I think he was trying to acknowledge that everyone who played beta pac or early uo was doing it before they knew what Siege was. If for nothing else, for the simple fact that it didn't exist yet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think he was trying to acknowledge that everyone who played beta pac or early uo was doing it before they knew what Siege was. If for nothing else, for the simple fact that it didn't exist yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you seige was a plausible shard when trammel was introduced before AOS. But after AOS, siege became utter garbage imo. Seige is among the newest shards in UO, only coming to be after trammel was intoduced.

G

I'm not giving up my old shard for Siege - would have to drop one tower to get a house there.
One character per account - I have them there, but they never advanced... one char living out of bankbox doesn't go far, especially now, when one cannot just pick any armour from the ground, buy GM sword and do something with this.
Walking... I don't have freaking patience anymore for all that walking. I know the map of Britannia thank you very much.
Plus it's in the US and last I checked my ping was 140ms, compared to below 40 to Drachenfels.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you seige was a plausible shard when trammel was introduced before AOS. But after AOS, siege became utter garbage imo. Seige is among the newest shards in UO, only coming to be after trammel was intoduced.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow.. a little slow Alyssa?
My point, as midnight clearly stated, was that you tried to act all smart by claiming you were playing beta pacific before I ever "knew what Siege was", but in the end only made a fool of yourself. Pac came out as a release shard in 97. Siege came out in 99. So even if you played one year after the release, you would still have played before *any of us* "knew what siege was"... lol. clean shootin there!