• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why don't they just make 2D in hi-res? 2016

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awesome read but the EC does suck out
Sure, if you're stuck in 1997... the CC is just a dated piece of junk. Best proof is, that you need 3rd party software to make it usable in the first place.

but to be honest if i was the lady id drop the EC and try make a crisper 2d model
LOL, yeah, right... you and which art team? Or do you want to go solo on every tile, every single frame of every animation of every mob in every direction? Since you clearly thought this through, see you in 10 years with a "crispy" client...

better to help 75% than 25%
You shouldn't believe all the stratics polls...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Ok time out!

I will explain this one more time....
EA owns UO.
EA holds the purse strings.
Broadsword is still running UO/DAoC.
Mesanna has been searching for more workers for the game.... she has interviewed many. Of which so far many who tried out didn't work. Even someone on stratics took the challenge and left after few weeks. They couldn't deal with it.
They must have some experience in UO... how hard can it be?
Apparently very.
She has 5 counting herself people to deal with the running of UO.
EA let go or sent elsewhere good talent from mythic before it closed shop. (stolen/lost talent)
This was not a sudden thing.
EA plotted this..
Look long gone are the days when over 25 Dev team members worked on the game.
UO was written on very old software, using ways designed by our games creator's and his dev.
Every time a publish that goes in ether for bug fix, update of current works, or a new publish it messes with that old code.
When I say messes I mean it breaks it in ways that can be impossible to repair back the way it was.
Ok I have one thing to ask and that is this... who went to the old Meet the Dev gatherings at the office?
I know some of you went to the old Mythic offices on the anniversary a few years ago.
I remember one commented on how much went into working on a nearly 20 year old game.
They don't pussyfoot in there people.
It's not easy working on that old a code and not cause a catastrophic failure....
Also time... how many times do you all pancake that they are not talking to you or listening to your wants and needs?
Last time I looked those meet and greets that are on usa shards mind you at 7pm est and run well past 11pm!
Asian and Oceanic time meets are hard too as the hours players are on them can be super late/early for the dev.
7 to 11 is not quite office hours!
Saying Mesanna lives and breaths UO is mild.... the lady lives on UO time! Dedicated to the players and game.
I don't think it is fair to her or the rest of the dev to hold something promised when EA had such a big hand in an effort to kill us off.
I play the CC. Yes I would love for it to fit the big screen on my TV.
but...
I can and will live with what I got and still be here till the lights ether go out on me or the game.
Good Post, appreciated..