• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Why does this happen?

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While imbuing a weapon for my sampire I put the max mana and stamina leech on it. In the menu it allows a max of 68 ML and I think it was 50 SL. I do these first because of the mats involved and not wanting to lose them in the end. Now, this takes the 'weight' of the full 68 and 50, however when I continue to add the other attributes the ML drops but does not release any of the 'weight' the 68 took. I did this on a leaf blade and ended up with 38SL, 50ML, 15HCI and 30SSI. Did the same for a Daisho and was only able to put 20 SSI due to the 'weight', and left SL at 50 and ML dropped to 56. Both are exceptional crafted by the same smith. I have in the past tried to only put the final result in as an attempt to save the 'weight' but they still dropped as I added other attributes. :mad:
I guess my question is why does this happen and still take the same item weight? If they dont want weapons with the combined maxed attributes then dont allow it? or release some of the item weight? I'm a bit irritated at the whole thing but understand this is UO, this is the way things work. Is there an easier way to know what you can put on a weapon or item without wasting all the mats with the 'hit or miss' method that's breaking my bank?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The displayed Mana leech is based on the weapon speed, including the SSI.

This is why slow weapons displaying 100% ML & fast weapons with 30% displayed ML are both at 100% - they are at their (50% * final weapon speed multiplier) max intensity.

Increasing the SSI of ANY weapon, will lower the displayed ML number, without changing the actual intensity of ML.