• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why does a city battle end early?

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've noticed some VvV timers end early. Why does this happen?

I was just in Brit and the VvV window said there was 7+ minutes left. There were 1 or 2 other guilds in the town. I just finished claiming an alter, checked the timer and it said there was over 7 minutes left. Then, boom! The timer window disappears and I get the popup window showing me how much silver I had and the VvV stats.

I know for a fact there were 2 guilds (me and another toon (friend)) when the battle ended. I'm not sure if the third guild was still there b/c he was a thief stealing sigils so I couldn't see him. The point I'm making is: I can deduce the battle didn't end due to lack of active VvV guilds. What other reason would cause a battle to end early?

Edit: This is not an isolated occurrance. I first noticed it happening in Yew (twice). Then again in Jhelom & Skara. But I didn't note the timers and thought I was mistaken. Today I looked at the timer noting there was over 7 minutes left and within seconds the battle ended.

Last edited:

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just happened again in Ocllo. Last check of the timer showed 10 minutes.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And here we go again. This time in Moonglow. I claimed 2 altars and then the battle ended.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A city timer shouldnt start if its unoccupied imop, a message should show on general with the name of the 1st guild who tempts to occupy this particular city. Thats how u attract some pvp action. But once again, who cares when u got so many care-bears?

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The timer is a guideline. If people are earning points there is another set or sliders/bars that move as well. When they reach max the city fight is over as well. Doesn't have to be just the timer

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A battle ends either when the timer runs out or when one guild's active bar reaches full.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
there's something odd with the programming. i've seen it happen repeatedly. a friend and i were working the towns. just the two of us. neither of our bars were even at 25%. we weren't stealing sigils, just claiming altars. only 2 altars had been claimed and there was 10 minutes left on the timer. next thing we know, the battle ended. there's no doubt in my mind that there is a bug. and i suspect it has something to do with the 'town unoccupied' message. i know for a fact we've both been in a town unhidden and get that message about the town being unoccupied. maybe the game doesn't see any players and ends the battle? this is the only plausible theory i can come up with.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A city timer shouldnt start if its unoccupied imop, a message should show on general with the name of the 1st guild who tempts to occupy this particular city. Thats how u attract some pvp action. But once again, who cares when u got so many care-bears?
Perhaps if you didn't wait till your entire guild was on to PvP you may find some more? Or maybe move to a well populated pvp shard like Atlantic? Or can't PRO compete there?