• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Why do Transfer Tokens cost 70 millions gold now ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am neither buying nor selling, I just would like to try understand why such a large change in price.

Transfer tokens not too long ago used to sell around 20 or 25 millions gold. Now, this figure has about tripled....

Since the cost in real money is the same, I do not understand why in game gold the price has tripled. Especially, considering that with Shard Shields the demand has dropped since less players need transfer tokens because they can use Shard Shields instead. So, less demand as compared to the offer the price with in game gold whould have gone down, rather than tripled... Besides, this change has happened in a relatively short time, a few months.

Could this perhaps mean that in game gold is worth very little because of the extreme inflation ?
Anyone has an idea ?

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Howdy
considering 1 Million gold goes in bulk (if you buy 1 Billion Gold from a broker) for ~25 US Cent - go calculate......
As Central European i have to pay 15.50 Euro for a Token at the Origin Store, thats around 20 US$
20 US$ in UO Gold would be aprox. 80 Million...

So you answered your question yourself i say, yes Gold in Game isnt worth much anymore..
It doesnt matter how many people got shard shields now - and its not THAT much with shard shields, most of the vet's quit..

If i would still do Origin Store Business and selling the items in-game, i wouldnt charge less than 50 Million right on for Transfer Tokens - because i am nice ;)

But i stoped doing this so NO sorry i wont sell you one ;)

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
70m? Stop exaggerating, and keep your senseless debates in the uhall forum.

Xfers are 40m, supply and demand, people are paying 40m, therefore sellers do not sell for 20m. Its not that hard to comprehend...unless ur just looking for something to argue about...as usual.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Xfers are 40m, supply and demand, people are paying 40m, therefore sellers do not sell for 20m. Its not that hard to comprehend...unless ur just looking for something to argue about...as usual.

I could point out cohordinates for several Luna Vendors having tokens for sale around 70 millions (Atlantic, Chesapeake, Lake Superior).

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran

Why are you attacking someone asking a question, may i ask Sir?

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could point out cohordinates for several Luna Vendors having tokens for sale around 70 millions (Atlantic, Chesapeake, Lake Superior).
Yes, 20m higher than the rest of Luna on Atlantic...those do not sell, the regular going rate is 40-45mish on atl all day long in general chat. Amazing what a little bit of thought and logic can accomplish.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6 months ago 1million gold cost 50c a million now its 25c as less people are buying gold so price goes down, meaning the price of an xfer token doubles in gold value.

Shard shields havent made much of an impact as people would share the cost between a group anyways [no one brought one for just a few item] the main people who use the xfers are xshard traders and the shard shield is usless for that as your limited on the gold you can take [ 275m compaired to 900m] and people who are doing a 1 time move to another shard.

Thunderz

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, 20m higher than the rest of Luna on Atlantic...those do not sell, the regular going rate is 40-45mish on atl all day long in general chat. Amazing what a little bit of thought and logic can accomplish.

Still, it is double the 20-25 millions gold it was just a few months ago.

Whether the price tags have doubled or tripled in a short while is not much relevant to my query, even if it is "only" a doubling rather than a "tripling", I still am surprised of the sudden surge....
In game gold has lost value so fast ? If it is a downhill trend for in game gold losing value, this can either mean a sudden increase in the offer (i.e. billions upon billions of gold getting into the game in a short time with a reduced player population) OR a lack in demand which means players are not interested in gold much any longer....

Bottom line is, what has surprised me is the significant change of the price of transfer tokens in a relatively short time.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last 12 month brought the fastest inflation-boost I ever watched in this game...

Examples (Drachenfels):

August 2011:
Crimson 15 Mio
Tangle 10 Mio
Lieutenant Sash 25 Mio
Luck-Garb 35 Mio

August 2012:
Crimson 25 Mio
Tangle 15 Mio
Sash 40+ Mio
Luck-Garb 50 Mio

Honestly, THIS is not inflation as I know it from RL: Let´s say 2.5-5.0 % each year (some years 1.5 %, others more than 5 %). This is 25-50 % for one year. And this is ONLY Drachenfels. Example from Atlantic: Small Soulforge 2011: 80 Mio, today 130+ Mio.

I don´t think that the reason is "nobody" buys gold and thus the price sinks. It´s obviously the other way around: I have seen people offering 25-24 ct for 1 Mio... So many people buy TONS of gold and pay almost every price...

I met a shard trader who bought TONS of rubble and Idoc Loot. I asked: Why? His answer: Who knows, how much gold is worth next year...

So yes: It´s all speculation + too much gold circulating around + the fear (like in RL) that the gold-price will go down further.

I dediced not to buy anymore. It is just insane. If I don´t get my Sash for 25 Mio, I will trade for other Arties/Replicas.

I would NEVER pay 70+ mio for a transfer token. No 50 Mio, no 40 Mio. Never!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's more to do with the lack of players and the slowing demand for gold and other items. Things that normally would sell fast now sit around for days because the want has left the building.

Varrius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Xfers are 40m

If you can get them for 40, I'll buy 100 from you at 45 mil. Easy profit of 500 mil for you. icq me at 494-179-491

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's more to do with the lack of players and the slowing demand for gold and other items. Things that normally would sell fast now sit around for days because the want has left the building.
But lack of players to my understanding means less demand (if there is less players there is less buyers....).
When demand is low, and there still is offer, then prices should go down, not way up as they have been doing in the recent months.........

That is why I do not understand the dynamics unless it is explained by a sudden surge in the gold existing in the game (there is such a quantity of gold that it becomes almost worthless.... items are worth way more than gold because they are scarcer than gold) OR a surge in demand for items from players. But since we tend to think that there is less players around, then I doubt that the higher prices may be because of an increased demand for the items......
Another theoretical possibility, would be that players who have lots of gold decided to just get rid of it, whatever the reasons, and are therefore paying increasingly higher amounts of gold when competing buying for the same items. That is, players with large availability of gold are decreasing the stock of gold to increase the stock of items. Should this be the case, I have no idea of the reasons that might prompt decisions like this. Why would players want to get rid of gold to get items instead (I do not mean here the purchase of items because needed to be used, but of multiple items as a "stock" of items rather a stock of gold....) ?

Bottom line is, I have no idea of what is going on, but I see quick variations of prices in too much a short time and this made me wonder why.

Last edited:

LOTR

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If you can get them for 40, I'll buy 100 from you at 45 mil. Easy profit of 500 mil for you. icq me at 494-179-491
I will like to get 50 as well ICQ 376222584

Ender76

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whenever I take a break from the game, I always buy as many transfer tokens as possible with my gold. They are pretty much guaranteed not to lose real life value and are easy to convert into Gold.

HighWay Robbery

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
.. We The Buyers Set A Price On Every Item In The Game. Most People Will Always Ask For As Much As They Can Get For Anything They Are Selling. If No One Bought Xfer Tokens For More Than 20-30m They Wouldn't Sell For The Numbers We Are Seeing. I Might As Well Start Selling Ornys For 50m, And If I Found Someone To Pay It Then That Would Become The New Standard Price. Gold Is Too Easy To Come By, Things Will Unfortunately Never Be The Same ..

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
in the end its all about offer and demand....not only on xfer tokens...one day you cant sell a slither at prime time for 70 Mill, the next day someone realy needs it NOW and pays you 100 Mil...the more are offered the cheaper you will get it...if someone gets lucky looting lets say 10 xfer tokens off an idoc, you can bet to see it at 45 mil even others try ro sell for 55....and they will lower the price...or one buys all of them and tries to sell them for 50...lower than others...just need to find the right person at the right time...same as in real life!