• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why do the GMs suck so much?

K

King

I mean really.

I get 48 hour ban for saying the r word, and other people in the chat are spewing volgarity and other obscenities.
I report one dude, and basically the gms tell me "lol no u suck ur gone peace"

The gms suck. Its simple.
I wish they payed as much attention to the chat as they do lollygagging around at EA playing ping pong, laughing at players.

T

Tazar

It is well known throughout the community that a few words will get you into trouble - but the "R" word is the top of the list and will virtually guarantee a short vacation...

The other words are vulgar and rude, but none imply the violence and degradation of the word you used.

Personally, I agree 100% with the GM stance on this.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
"R-word" as in non-consensual sex. Get folks banned all the time in UO.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean really.

I get 48 hour ban for saying the r word, and other people in the chat are spewing volgarity and other obscenities.
I report one dude, and basically the gms tell me "lol no u suck ur gone peace"

The gms suck. Its simple.
I wish they payed as much attention to the chat as they do lollygagging around at EA playing ping pong, laughing at players.
Sucks for you...

Live and learn.

L

LTP_01

I'm surprised you didn't think using that word would get you banned. Guess I assumed this was common sense. Ever wonder why you see everyone using all those words except this one word?

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm surprised you didn't think using that word would get you banned. Guess I assumed this was common sense. Ever wonder why you see everyone using all those words except this one word?
On WOW, the word is used all the time without consequence. I guess it just depend son the person.

P

Pwn3rg1z3r Bunny

Someone called me a ****** so I paged on him and told the GM "This guy called me a ******" targeted the player, 15 mins later I get a message saying I was using profanity to the GM and my account is marked LOL

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone called me a ****** so I paged on him and told the GM "This guy called me a ******" targeted the player, 15 mins later I get a message saying I was using profanity to the GM and my account is marked LOL
...calling this story BS.

B

Babble

I doubt EA gms have such a nice time :p

And they just scan for a few words, or if they have time after a complaint.
Best is I guess to switch chat off?

S

southeaststarwars

don't mean to high jack this tread, and yes the gms for the most part suck, i had an original old ish. map before they made the new ones. it has an artifact rating of "0". i kindly asked them to make it slightly higher then zero. wtf they can make toad town but they cant help me with a, in my opinion, simple and well deserved help. also had them "try" to lock down a head for me but it decayed before they could say i wish to lock this down, well not exactly those words but you get the jest of it. what it all comes down to is YES the gms suck:thumbdown:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
To be clear, GMs had no part in creating Toad Town or any other player-run town. GMs no longer create or alter any in-game items. Thus, there is no reason to presume that a GM would change the artifact rarity of your map.

Mesanna, who is a developer, is the power behind the player-run towns and many other unique items. Developers design, balance, and promote the game. GMs are just part of the customer service staff. It's equivalent to talking to a hotel general manager (developer) versus the girl at the front desk (GM).