• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why do people recreate sims so much anyway??????

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

If there is a way to ban by account -- AWESOME!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Awesome!!!

See, I knew you guys are reading along behind us.

M

Magnum

Yes ban accounts when a player is accused several times of harrassment and the party has a print screen of it for proof and send it into the Support.
Ban them a few days if it persists ban'm for a month at a time.
Of course we can ban them from our lots and put them on ignore but it has to be set so they cannot re create, like I said before and again. When account is created it should be this is your avatarname and cannot be changed.
Yes Im glad players are reading this and pass it around, its our game and our right to speak on this.

G

You miss the point. Recreating is a part of what this game is. Take away that, and you take away my ability to say ehh, my sim is ugly and i want a new one. So stop with the "let's take away the ability to recreate so we can loose even more players" attitude.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

When account is created it should be this is your avatarname and cannot be changed.
Yes Im glad players are reading this and pass it around, its our game and our right to speak on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with you on this. I have the same avatar and name I created on day 1, but I also have had a few avatars just for fun that have come, gone, changed names. Part of the fun in this game is being able to create new characters, and for some players starting over is a way of life.

I don't think it makes sense to punish everyone for the bad behavior of a few.

I understand wanting to limit grief players. If accounts could be sanctioned that would be a wonderful way to limit troublemakers. After all, it isn't the majority of recreated avatars who cause problems in the game, it is a few creeps.

And, BTW, Greg (who posted above) is one of the dev team.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We've discussed this internally. And we are hoping to augment ban, ignore, friend, and filter elements including the ability to ban a single sim and/or ban all sims on a particular sims account (likely you wont know the other sim names nor account name).

P.S. I hope everyone's holidays were/are happy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Works for me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

We've discussed this internally. And we are hoping to augment ban, ignore, friend, and filter elements including the ability to ban a single sim and/or ban all sims on a particular sims account (likely you wont know the other sim names nor account name).

P.S. I hope everyone's holidays were/are happy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Works for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

x.
This will at least simma down the people who are so afraid of meanieheads.

thanks Greg!

M

Magnum

Not afraid of meanines, just they need to control the re-create..
Once you create it stays.. I mean the name you have chosen. but change your avatar appearance. and for having 6 sims in tc3 is bull too. Gives the cheaters and harrassers a chance to create to begin attacks again. 2 sims is enough per account. No re creating no name changing.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

Brcause of newness. Variety is the spice of life. ALTHOUGH, if it's a really old Sim (I've done this before) I regret it later on.

DO YOU KNOW why I deleted this Sim? B/c of the name. I so regretted it. And guess what? Like, 5 months later they invented name change. I wanted to cry...really. I had my statue with that Sim, I had my MYSTIC tree, I had my Simmy (I think) I had all of my friends...but then I went and blew it &gt;.&lt; And that's why I always think twice before recreating now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not afraid of meanines, just they need to control the re-create..
Once you create it stays.. I mean the name you have chosen. but change your avatar appearance. and for having 6 sims in tc3 is bull too. Gives the cheaters and harrassers a chance to create to begin attacks again. 2 sims is enough per account. No re creating no name changing.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I don't want the ability to change my name taken away. Sometimes, I like to create all different types of sims and the names are very important to that sims' persona.

6 sims is not bull. It gives you the ability to run 6 different types of lots. This way(TC3 is a test center after all)you can test different things out.

Recreating is a part of sim life. It has been and ALWAYS should be. I should be able to delete a character and create a new one whenever I choose. I can do so in every other online game I play. They don't have a problem with it.

Maybe if you lighten up a little, relax a little, and treat the harasser as if they were nothing. Nothing meaning, they don't bother you no matter what they do, they will get bored and leave you alone. It's that simple.

G

Please apply what you said in post #688830 to the above statement you made about the NEW TSO.

G

I don't need to, I said recreating is a part of SIM life, not TSO life. So your statement of applying what I said is invalid.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

I don't need to, I said recreating is a part of SIM life, not TSO life. So your statement of applying what I said is invalid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is a very valid point. Maybe the "love child" of recreating sims needs to go away with the old TSO as well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is a very valid point. Maybe the "love child" of recreating sims needs to go away with the old TSO as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there were valid reason for it. People being afraid of meanies being mean does to me does not seem like a logical enough reason. Especially since Greg announced ignoring a sim will be ignoring an account.

I'll just sit here and wait for the people who want to start ignoring per credit card b/c some people have more than one account.

But if you have a logical reason and a logical solution, KIR, I'd be most interested in reading it.
Everyones unique opinion is what I love so much about Stratics. &lt;3

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I find this thread very troubling because once again, players are trying to play 'god' with the community of TSO. I am not a recreate goddess by any means, but I don't want my right to recreate taken away from me either.

I do like the name change feature. And really I don't know why name changing is such a big deal. Whether you are Fruit Loops this week or Sugar Smacks, you'd still be on my ignore list if I've iggied you?

I have an Aussie friend in MF and we got to goofing off one day and changed the names of our alternate sims to 'cereal names'....Apple Jacks, Fruit Loops, etc....the next week we renamed breakfast cereals lik French Toast, ect. It was so much fun that it became a friday/saturday morning thing of 'who would be landing this morning?'. I never had so much fun trying to think up names. So now there are folks here that would take that away from me?

I think that 'recreating' or 'renaming' is treated like the plaque. I wish those folks would start pushing for the rules to be enforced, instead of them telling us how to play our game.

Regardless of whether we can recreate/rename or not, there will be people out there that harrass and break rules. The rules are what need enforcing, we don't need other players to tell us how to play our game.

M

Magnum

Its a players game and a players right to make suggestions on how to play the game. Its what we pay for and includes in our premium, If it were'nt for us players that want changes for the good then there is no good game.

Yes I agree there will be mean players no matter where we play.

Is the reason why no recreating. Keeping your name when you sign up makes sense. So the meanies don't come back unless of course they like to pay 9.99 a month to keep changing which would be stupid LOL

I know we all want a good game to play and just make an unlimited ignore list and ban list and Im telling ya no recreating ot ya just gonna have the trouble.

Its Just That Simple...

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Like you said, we are all paying a premium. Why should I be 'stuck' with my sim if I don't like the way it looks?

If the devs were on the verge of releasing a 'create a sim' makeover, where you could go and change your sim's looks, it would be one thing. But no paying player should just get 'stuck' with with a sim they don't want to play.

It just seems to me that something like a 'no recreating' request by any player is just way too invasive into the rights of all the players.

G

I pay for a game where I get to recreate and rename whenever I want. So, I think you logic on this is flawed.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I think you've got it covered Bindy ! I use to get bored with a sim and recreate. I also made a male sim once... OMG never again. Men are out numbered bigtime LOL. My main account I left alone. Glad I did too. I love having all the locks.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I think you've got it covered Bindy ! I use to get bored with a sim and recreate. I also made a male sim once... OMG never again. Men are out numbered bigtime LOL. My main account I left alone. Glad I did too. I love having all the locks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think guys are really outnumbered though. They got smart and started creating female sims. hehe

I happen to know a LOT of guys playing girl sims.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think guys are really outnumbered though. They got smart and started creating female sims. hehe

I happen to know a LOT of guys playing girl sims.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have a choice. I had to move my male sim to a different city and create a female sim in order to stay in AV. I had three different girls that kept wanting cyber stuff. I don't need that [censored]. I'm married in real life and when some girl wants cyber in an online game, I just find it offensive.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

What we need is that little old lady NPC character.

Whenever a sim ladyguy is acting like a sleazoid.....the old lady just shows up out of thin air and whacks her on the head with her purse.

You know....that could be a new emotes. "Call Old Lady". LMAO

G

<blockquote><hr>

Whenever a sim ladyguy is acting like a sleazoid.....the old lady just shows up out of thin air and whacks her on the head with her purse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good idea to me.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA HA love it!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good idea to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

X
I love it Dutch.

I will be happy to create an old lady sim and whack people in the head as requested until this feature becomes available.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

In addition to what I posted above,

I also think that recreating Sims enabled me to run away from Mafias. There were at one time quite a few gangstas in TSO. Particularly, AV and BF.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

"Call Old Lady"

I don't just like this idea, I think it is a MUST HAVE.

I

imported_eyeseenoone

Changing avitars for a different look is how I lost my "simmie" so now when or if I have or need an opportunity to see what is up in another city, or make a character change I will use one of the less frequently used avitar's to scrafice. This way I don't lose much. Hopefully with this new game EA Land, we can build one set of avitars for free and have unlimited options for change daily. however any other sim we must pay to have and pay to maintain.