• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why do people complain?

• Thread starter Natalius Lynn
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Natalius Lynn

Sitting in a money house, a positive message pops up in TC3. Saying we got our jobs back, but only for subscribers, they'll still working on free account jobs. Yay! You'd think people would be happy, right? No, wrong. People started in a whole conversation BASHING devs, saying they "slack". At first I rolled my eyes, but then I had to jump in and defend them.

Everyday, all I hear is people complaining about how "EA land sucks". I don't get it. Why do people come on just to complain how bad it is? Why not just quit?

In my honest opinion, if you don't support what they're trying to do, and understand that it will be buggy and annoying for a while, why bother with it? There's other games out there already set up, go play them.

I'm really tired of people complaining and putting the devs down for them trying to do something potentially great. Do I agree with everything they're doing? No, but they're trying their hardest and they do listen to us quite often when we have a problem. (Not phone support, but we get alot of response on the boards and I got fast and good responses in email).

I rambled alot, but i'm just tired of it. Stop bothering other players with your complaints and go talk to someone who can do something about it. Otherwise you're just wasting your time, and giving me a headache.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sitting in a money house, a positive message pops up in TC3. Saying we got our jobs back, but only for subscribers, they'll still working on free account jobs. Yay! You'd think people would be happy, right? No, wrong. People started in a whole conversation BASHING devs, saying they "slack". At first I rolled my eyes, but then I had to jump in and defend them.

Everyday, all I hear is people complaining about how "EA land sucks". I don't get it. Why do people come on just to complain how bad it is? Why not just quit?

In my honest opinion, if you don't support what they're trying to do, and understand that it will be buggy and annoying for a while, why bother with it? There's other games out there already set up, go play them.

I'm really tired of people complaining and putting the devs down for them trying to do something potentially great. Do I agree with everything they're doing? No, but they're trying their hardest and they do listen to us quite often when we have a problem. (Not phone support, but we get alot of response on the boards and I got fast and good responses in email).

I rambled alot, but i'm just tired of it. Stop bothering other players with your complaints and go talk to someone who can do something about it. Otherwise you're just wasting your time, and giving me a headache.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't feel that people shouldn't complain. I actually think letting out complaints is a good way to let TPTB know that there are issues.

But the delivery MOST of the time is a bit ridiculous.
Which is where my problem with it comes in.

O and Hi, Natalius Lynn

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Case in point of why I have vowed nevr to set foot on another public money lot again, because that is where I hear 90% of the complaining in game. The paltry payouts are low enough without having to listen to a bunch of people 'preaching to the choir'. I could understand it if a dev is on the lot and you are voicing your concerns TO them in the presence of others, but even then I think it's most appropriately done in PM. There is absolutely NOTHING to be accomplished by spewing venom in game to people who can't do anything but catch your negativity, which I have seen happen here and in-game all too often. *sigh*

G

I'm happy to hear the problem is slowly being fixed, although I don't understand why it would be a different fix for free accounts. At least I know I'll be working by next week most likely

N

Natalius Lynn

Oh, I agree that certain complaints should be told to devs, on the boards, or emailed. But.. I mean in an open chat at a house.. come on. Just rude and annoying, imho.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh, I agree that certain complaints should be told to devs, on the boards, or emailed. But.. I mean in an open chat at a house.. come on. Just rude and annoying, imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

G

Most people have a hard time with change - and there's been a lot of changes going on in the game. (Good and bad.) The Devs are the 'gods' of the game - and so most of the the frustration will be taken out on them - whether it's justified or not.

Not defending - not condemning - just observing the dynamics of it all...

G

Totally agree. I think in TC3, most players are on free accounts. They expect a perfect game to be up and running. Mind you, I am not talking about ALL free accounts... just the many I have spoken with. They complain because they can. No jobs meant no money. Now they feel even worse that paying accounts can go to jobs in TC3 but not free accounts. They were sold that they could play 100% of the game in TC3 for free and now that is not happening.

Now the truth is, TC3 is a test center. This has been said many times on here. But, new players might not realize this. TC3 will not always play perfectly. They push out code there first to test. If it passes, then it goes to EA Land. If it fails, you will feel the effects. Sorry to say it but that is what that server was designed for.

G

Actually, it says quite clearly that it is a test center, but also that free accounts are meant to experience the full game in TC3. Both statements are true according to the official blog.

Payed accounts will now, of course, bash free accounts for complaining now that their jobs are secure. Same old stuff, different day. Oh well, some of us will be payed soon, and will treat others with the respect they deserve.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be nice that while it is buggy and annoying they would give us better payouts for reward of putting up with all the problems. I think if the payouts had a major increased most of the complains would go away.

G

Hey I respect all players. Once someone (free or paying) disrespects me, that is a completely different story. Free players should have unlimited access in TC3. That is what is promised and that is what is not being given right now. But, with them finding a fix for the paying accounts in EA Land, I am sure a fix is not far away.

BTW, congrats on soon becoming a paid member. Glad to hear you like the game enough to join us.

B

brendagfrie

Maybe it was my house you were in this morning, because thats all we were doing was complaining. Well I'll tell you me and my roomie have been both playing this game over 5 years. Most of the time our room conversation is fun and everyone enjoys themselves. Recently its just been one thing after another and I guess we were both feeling a lot of frustration. BTW neither of us started the complaining but when guests start complaining about the game we tell them how we are feeling too. A lot of times their frustration is worse than ours because we know how to work around some problems that they don't so this can sometimes be productive as we can give suggestions. Our house is a great place to come and have fun but if everyones feeling grumpy ya just can't force out the smile....it hurts too much, and no fake smiles from me ever.

B

brendagfrie

Oh I noticed it couldn't have been me or at my house, I don't play TC3. We were doing our complaining over coffee very early this morning too, so I wasn't on for the job notification. I just would like to add that I think it would be far more rude if me and my roomie had just complained to each other in im...then you end up with a house with no conversation at all. Sometimes it is good to vent, and I felt like some of the peeps in the house at the time felt that way cuz they vented too, its all good...no grudges held and no one hurt, but we can express our frustration to our guests who we consider our friends.

G

People don't see the whole picture.
If someone builds them a house for free, and they accidentally get a tiny splinter in their foot when entering, they only see the little splinter and focus all their attention on how horrible that is.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Mhm.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Mhm.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey I respect all players. Once someone (free or paying) disrespects me, that is a completely different story. Free players should have unlimited access in TC3. That is what is promised and that is what is not being given right now. But, with them finding a fix for the paying accounts in EA Land, I am sure a fix is not far away.

BTW, congrats on soon becoming a paid member. Glad to hear you like the game enough to join us.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm proud to say that I respect everyone.

Except those who are: Tall, short, fat, slim, old, young, male, or female.
(hey - you gotta draw the line somewhere.)

G

That's like saying "Hey I am not racist. I hate everyone equally!"

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

<blockquote><hr>

That's like saying "Hey I am not racist. I hate everyone equally!"

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, why not? i do :p

seriously tho, nat, i agree. its one thing to have issues with the game, as it is in beta, but it is quite another to bash the devs when they are obviously doing everything as fast and as best they can.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you trying to say you only have respect for Micheal Jackson?

G

I didn't hear the specific complaints, so perhaps they were unjustified. However, in this particular case, let's remember:

They installed an update yesterday that totally broke jobs.

Although it was apparent immediately, they said nothing about it. Dozens of players separately had to discover that there was something wrong, most at first thinking it was an account problem, then finding out everyone else had the same problem. Just look at the many posts in these forums about it.

The initial blog entry about today's fixes still said nothing about it.

There were other problems caused by the update that prevented people from accessing the game as they have been doing.

When problems occur, it helps to let people know so they aren't frustrated when they run into them.

Anyone can break software and cause problems. Careful people do it less often. People are not likely to thank you for getting rid of a problem you caused.

People complain because they have expectations that are not being met. Some of those expectations are unrealistic, but some of them could be met with a modest amount of effort. Suggesting that they have to "love it or leave it" is not fair. Just because we haven't yet reached the limit of your patience doesn't mean you don't have one.

The devs may be working hard, but they are not working effectively. If they have a good overall vision, a clear plan, and achievable intermediate steps, they certainly have been keeping it well-hidden. Any objective analysis will show there is room for improvement in execution and communication.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

"Every action has an opposite or equal reaction" - Sir Isaac Newton

Thats what I always think about when something good happens and then people go on a rampage attacking everything in sight, or in this case, everything the devs do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No.... he is tall, slim, young, and male.

isn't he?

He *could* be wearing lifts in his shoes....
He's not as young as he used to be, but not exactly "old".
And.... there's that nagging speculation that "he" is really La Toya.

But, he *is* slim, so.... No.

G

*shudders uncontrollably*

BTW: Free players in TC3 can report back to work again now. The strike is over.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but rumour has it that he has retained his slimness through cut n sucks.
So does he really qualify as being slim or is it just an elusion.
Lets face it, we really don't know what if any of those categories he would fit into, so I think you better add scientifically engineered to your statement.

G

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mhm.

yep

uh huh

G

<blockquote><hr>

Mhm.

yep

uh huh

[/ QUOTE ]

o.

G

Looks like complaining works. Those lame names to replace simoleans are history.

And that delivery method was not lead by a cheerleader.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

The recent news that the currency naming has been reconsidered is an excellent reason WHY people complain, and why it can be -- at times -- constructive.

Edited to add:

You beat me to it, Aqua Lung. But yeah.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be nice that while it is buggy and annoying they would give us better payouts for reward of putting up with all the problems. I think if the payouts had a major increased most of the complains would go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players don't NEED a reward if they are truly dedicated beta players, commited to working out the kinks and prepared to white knuckle it while we travel over the bumpy patches, sometimes hanging on for dear life, sometimes even swearing if a bug hits us particularly hard. The perks like skill speed spikes or payout increases are just exactly that and should be treated as such, not as something we are due as 'compensation' for enduring something that we volunteered to do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Players don't NEED a reward if they are truly dedicated beta players, commited to working out the kinks and prepared to white knuckle it while we travel over the bumpy patches, sometimes hanging on for dear life, sometimes even swearing if a bug hits us particularly hard. The perks like skill speed spikes or payout increases are just exactly that and should be treated as such, not as something we are due as 'compensation' for enduring something that we volunteered to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only one problem with that. We PAY. I dont have a large history with online games. But the ones I have played do their beta testing with select beta testers that play for free. Then they open it up to everyone. After the game is complete they open it up to the paying customers.

Also, the people that have stuck with the game before EALand were forced into this beta test. They did not volunteer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but rumour has it that he has retained his slimness through cut n sucks.
So does he really qualify as being slim or is it just an elusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuts, maybe...somehow I doubt any sucks he's gotten would have had anything to do with that particular issue though.........

Y

YadaSc

Hmmm.. the way I see it, is... I only pay , what 30 some cents a day to play ? To me it's an honor to be a beta tester for my fav. game. If you don't want to be a Founder anymore.. I suggest you be a free player if the price is too high.

G

People complain because they have nothing better to do. Complaints are good until you hear the same thing over and over and over and over again and you see 12 locked threads about the same subjecta dn then 12 threads about a thread being locked, 11 of those locked.

It gets annoying. It really does. I can understand being passionate about something that WILL AFFECT game play, but something as simple as the name of something. You can call my american dollar a Euro, but it is still an american dollar and it still only really works in America.

I

imported_aldldl

<blockquote><hr>

Cuts, maybe...somehow I doubt any sucks he's gotten would have had anything to do with that particular issue though.........

[/ QUOTE ]

No comment (Family game...) :p