• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why do I play MMOs?

fengzi597

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Why Are We Playing MMOs? - MMORPG News - MMOsite.com
The result of an overseas research themed with “Why do I play games” reveals the psychological effects such as achievements, competitions and relations acquired from the games have greater influence than game addiction. Therefore, we play MMOs to satisfy our psychological needs instead of experiencing puzzle solving or grinding.
It is obvious that most of the players play MMOs to satisfy their psychological needs. And I believe that many people play MMOs for a variety of reasons. For me, exploring a new fantasy world is a very useful way to reduce pressure, which really helps me get away from my real life. So I mostly play it for simple entertainment and seriously don’t care much about how many puzzles I can solve in a mmo. The second reason is that most of my friends play MMOs. It is a lot of fun to beat the crap out of others in pvp with friends.

Anyway why do you play MMOs?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play to enrage other players around the world on their internets. :p

I find it a nice way to blow off steam and enjoy my time with many friends over the world I play with.