• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why do Bane Chosen keep attacking me and my Greater?

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just started this event and have not seen this problem mentioned elsewhere. When I first entered the front lines bane chosen forces attacked my greater dragon. Eventually I got myself up to positive loyalty to the bane side but I still find myself and my greater dragon being attacked by bane forces. Do they hate all reptiles? I have verified several times that I have positive loyalty to the bane side but still find myself being attacked by them.

Any ideas why I"m so lucky?

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted here looking for a solution to my problem. I appreciate showing me a thread that was last posted to 7 days ago showing others have the same problem.

Since Mark asked questions suggesting this was a bug and no other official word has been given I will foget doing this event on a tamer with any pet.

I am fine with not being able to use a tamer in all situations but I am surprised that given all the 'hand holding' we receive, there isn't more mention that tamers cannot effectively particiapte in this event.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But tamers can effectively participate in the event.

You just have to make tracks before the spawn advances to the first level. A few runs will be able to tell you when to head to the next spawn point.

Or you could just kill a few of the same side and not worry about it... that's the route I've taken.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've used a rune beetle and a nightmare, and regular dragon and a nightmare, and I've never had anything on the Bane side attack my pets. Maybe this is just an issue with greater dragons?

And both of those combinations kill faster than a greater dragon, and the regular dragon is pretty easy to keep alive. The regular dragon is also a better choice than the rune beetle because it does 100% physical damage.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My greater, my cu sidhe and my nightmare have all been attacked by banes.

My reason for using the pets:
Greater dragon - I was teamed up with two necromancers. They needed a tank, and the dragon was one. With the proper tactics, the entire level spawn can be wiped out in seconds with this character combination.

Cu Sidhe - Best single creature for fighting ophidians. Combined with my ophidian slayer spellbook and they dropped like garter snakes.

Nightmare/rune beetle - Great for killing things quickly, not so good when you get swamped, so I switched to the other combinations.