• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Why Cant You Trade War Horses

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree. i was hoping to collect the mix and put them on diff chars .. now.im stuck with 4 com and four minax on diff chars. not that im a big fan of riding anything but ethys ... since you have to rez em when they die. but still

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have several on an account I don't play. I wish they were on my main. I was not aware that faction horses would not be tradable till it went live - then it was too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to release mines, ran out of pet slots. Have also heard rumors saying that they gona wipe them in the next publish. And i hope not! Coz i still got a couple to keep

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to release mines, ran out of pet slots. Have also heard rumors saying that they gona wipe them in the next publish. And i hope not! Coz i still got a couple to keep
That would be a shame, I'd hate to see the old SL horses get deleted. That's the only non-functional/equippable thing I've wanted. I guess I'll never get one now unless I buy an account that has one....

Armani Exchange

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The old-old shadow horses are the best! I'd hope they don't get deleted too, faction horses understandable because that's what was always stated

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
That would be a shame, I'd hate to see the old SL horses get deleted. That's the only non-functional/equippable thing I've wanted. I guess I'll never get one now unless I buy an account that has one....
What's this horse worth? If transferable? I got 2

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's this horse worth? If transferable? I got 2
If they become transferable i expect them to sell at black horses prices a couple years ago, starting 20mill reaching current price 40-60m or even more...

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
If they become transferable i expect them to sell at black horses prices a couple years ago, starting 20mill reaching current price 40-60m or even more...

imo prepatched SL warhorses much more expensive than that.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Think it is stupid you cant trade war horses i think this game is going down with all this new stuff
Lol, It's not like they didn't announce it well in advance so that anyone could have gotten any war horse they wanted if they put in a tiny bit of time and effort.
But I guess that's not enough and now people want to be able to use items from a very old system on any new random character they decide to make months or years later :)

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before VvV's release I had posted in one of the VvV threads that on TC I tested it and we could not transfer war horses anymore. I tried to simply transfer and also when I released it, it said it could only be tamed by the character who released it. I am not saying it is an excuse for proper details in patch notes but some of us did try and get the word out.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Lol, It's not like they didn't announce it well in advance so that anyone could have gotten any war horse they wanted if they put in a tiny bit of time and effort.
But I guess that's not enough and now people want to be able to use items from a very old system on any new random character they decide to make months or years later :)
Ive had my horses for years - playing factions since inception... UZI was my home and FiendX was my GL! Was I informed - truly I was. Let's be honest - was it smashed into reading through the bagillion other patch notes - I missed it. Sadly - I run solo most of these days cause family requires more attention that I can give to a guild or a video game. If we were all honest - 75% of us probably dont read the patch notes 100% - we just get the info from the one type A soul that actually did...

UO - you've ended the purchase of them - VvV horses blow - give us the opportunity to move our faction horses around... give us 48hours to transfer them - something.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive had my horses for years - playing factions since inception... UZI was my home and FiendX was my GL! Was I informed - truly I was. Let's be honest - was it smashed into reading through the bagillion other patch notes - I missed it. Sadly - I run solo most of these days cause family requires more attention that I can give to a guild or a video game. If we were all honest - 75% of us probably dont read the patch notes 100% - we just get the info from the one type A soul that actually did...

UO - you've ended the purchase of them - VvV horses blow - give us the opportunity to move our faction horses around... give us 48hours to transfer them - something.
I hear you. You don't read patch notes and you don't play that much so why are you asking the devs to use up a valuable slot of resource time to adjust something that was clearly explained in a timely manner and isn't bugged or broken?
No offense but too many other legit things are out of whack. I know its an old argument but it simply is the truth. I hadn't played factions for a very long time and I knew of it well in advance.
To each his own and nothing wrong with asking for change but I for one hope this request falls on deaf ears.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I hear you. You don't read patch notes and you don't play that much so why are you asking the devs to use up a valuable slot of resource time to adjust something that was clearly explained in a timely manner and isn't bugged or broken?
No offense but too many other legit things are out of whack. I know its an old argument but it simply is the truth. I hadn't played factions for a very long time and I knew of it well in advance.
To each his own and nothing wrong with asking for change but I for one hope this request falls on deaf ears.
i guess i dont understand how valuable the DEV's time is... I'm not part of that "in crowd". I also dont know what's out of whack to be fixed by the DEV's currently...

How bout this - I just want to hear the logic behind locking the horses to the player... what is the reasoning for that?

Gedgerez Tesherd

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
"PET DYE TUB," *coughs* ahm, pardon me. Could add in pet dyes with a mini booster pack, cleanup charged pet dyes, origin store charged pet dye from the store, or even a new dye tub from vet reward. The color scheme should come with full color spectrum capability, & additional single rare hues that already exist such as: glacial, blaze, abyssal, and the two tones.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"PET DYE TUB," *coughs* ahm, pardon me. Could add in pet dyes with a mini booster pack, cleanup charged pet dyes, origin store charged pet dye from the store, or even a new dye tub from vet reward. The color scheme should come with full color spectrum capability, & additional single rare hues that already exist such as: glacial, blaze, abyssal, and the two tones.
I must disagree, making things hard to get makes them have more value ingame.
Giving all alternatives of colors is not fun at all imop, and makes the pets loose their identity and rarity state, imagine u can die ur cusidhe with blaze color... Price will drop from 1bill to zero... And it will piss the owners right off

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i guess i dont understand how valuable the DEV's time is... I'm not part of that "in crowd". I also dont know what's out of whack to be fixed by the DEV's currently...

How bout this - I just want to hear the logic behind locking the horses to the player... what is the reasoning for that?
I dont know much about logic but I do know that factions and everything factions related was deleted from the game with ample warning so that a large new system could be put into place.
Faction horses were one of the very few things faction related that were not deleted because of the obvious owner attachments and small public outcry.
The devs then seemingly did the logical thing and put severe restrictions on them.
Pretty easy to understand imo if you are looking at the big picture and not just what suits you personally :)