• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why bother?!

• Thread starter imported_Death of Hemp
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

Obviously you were just looking for someone to kill, not to stake a claim or make an impact on the shard. That's fun and all, but it's not what Siege was about. And the only reason the dungeons have ever dried up was because there were easier or safer ways to make gold. In that case, the problem isn't that hitting the dungeons is too hard, the problem is that there's easier gold to be had by other means.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see the truth of that... we always choose the path of lease resistance..

G

<blockquote><hr>

you could also buy gold/resources directly from me and spend the time doing enjoyable stuff

[/ QUOTE ]
or me

P

pikon198

gold is still easy to farm, just move near a dungeon. Or farm with a freind and when your full gate to a bank and go back. No biggy, bos weren't so great anyways. Now uo retained a little of its old self back as well. I remember being a newb farming earth eles in shame, wow that was a long run to drop off my 10k. But i usually got a ride back through a gate. Yes it was time consuming but the running through those forests used to be very nostalgic. Good ol UO!

A

AntiOTF

What's scarey, is what you people have become over the years. I NEVER thought I would see a siege thread where people complaining about instant teleporters for transferring gold, instantly, to their bank accounts. How weird is this crap? Siegers askin for a "no risk" fortune of gold and items. ROFL...

i see now that we are truly no different than prodo shards as far as backbone , integrity, and pride goes. We're all the same, there is no "better community", "special feeling", etc. etc. about siege. That's all bull crap, and makes me sick to my stomach to hear people spew that crap on these boards.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

gold is still easy to farm, just move near a dungeon. Or farm with a freind and when your full gate to a bank and go back. No biggy, bos weren't so great anyways. Now uo retained a little of its old self back as well. I remember being a newb farming earth eles in shame, wow that was a long run to drop off my 10k. But i usually got a ride back through a gate. Yes it was time consuming but the running through those forests used to be very nostalgic. Good ol UO!

[/ QUOTE ]

I only farmed for gold for regs/pots and hci jewelry and leather ... Was easy to do so I did... now i'll just buy it if i need it... good for the farmers ... more business.. and good for me as i don't need to keep my tamer accounts open..

N

Nagash

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahh, good old pre aos earthies.. back when they didnt die in 1 hit

C

CorwinWE

a) If you're a pvp'er you should be farming players for your reagents;

b) If you must go farm, you should consider doing it on a pvp character, anwyay.

The whole luck suit and slant towards pvm'ing with tamers is so dumb. Why turn farmers in to pvp fodder? Some of the best battles I've ever had in the game started out because I was just hanging out somewhere and doing something... taming, farming, doing a champ, and either ran in to others doing the same or pk'ers patrolling.

Imagine there are are two pvp groups looking for a fight. What are the odds they meet if they are both doing rounds at the same time? Hard to say. But it's fairly likely they'll never end up at the same spot at the same time. Now if one of them stays in one spot along the common routes, the odds go up to 100%.

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

I always thought that the bos was a great thing for Siege because of our handicap on movement which I still don't get... why shouldn't we be able to do SJ and recall or even do it in and out of the dungeons...if kelmo thinks this proves something negative about a person that would like this easy access to wonderful dungeons or the problem that bos solved because of our unique handicap... then that is him.. the reality is that it has already hurt Siege with vet players of both the fighting kind and the farming kind...

[/ QUOTE ]

I never used BoS when farming gold or leather anyways, so I really don't give a [censored]. For me, half the damn fun of trying to farm here is knowing you might get honkey-tonked while transportin' your goods.

If you feel your lil farmer is now in a more perilous environment, then charge your customers more for your time and incurred risk. If they don't want to spend the time or take the risk themselves, they will gladly pay you for doing it for them.

For the dedicated non-sissy farmer, this is the patch that will make their love of their job pay off. After all, they aren't crying on the boards, they are too busy humping resources to their bank boxes!

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

True...I guess it does take us back to days of pkrs looking for beetles. It just makes ton of good farming locations no longer worth while.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how you look at it. IMO, it makes a ton of good farming locations worth while to visit... if you're looking for a target! Farm the resources or gold yourself or farm the famers and take their gold or resources. That's a win/win situation in my book. Good fight AND more lootz!!!

Do I miss my BoS? Yep, but I'm okay with it. I think it puts a little more excitement back into farming and back into scouring the dungeons for a victim. Again, another win/win situation, depending on your attitude toward the game and your playstyle.

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah I agree its been pretty dead lately, sometimes I almost forget this is an mmo...

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been fairly dead as of late, but its always like this during the holidays. This is my third Christmas on Siege and every year, it's been the same. From about 1 to 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, through the 1st or 2nd week of January, its pretty dead, but things pick back up once the holidays are over and people settle in for the remainder of winter.

As a guild leader, it kinda freaked me out the first year, wondering what happened to all my guild members, but it's been the same pattern every year. I've gotten used to the lull's and upswings in activity and new players. There's no need to panic. It the same cycle, different year.

I

imported_Magnolia

My farming was always for resources for the guild which I never profitted from because I'm not a merchant.. Boring... been there done that..

My regret about the bos is not so much that there aren't good ways of farming without it but that I was able to go deep into the dungeons to do it... I love Siege dungeons and I will miss them... They are empty ... and more now because it would be stupid to waste time going deep into them to farm because of our handicap of no gating and no bos...

This will benefit WyRm because you non-sissy farmers will be easier for him to find and he just messsaged me to hush complaining about something that he is liking for his pking... So I'm hushing..

Have fun WyRm... But I will miss the deep dungeons...

C

CorwinWE

Would you do me a favor and time how long it takes you to gallop out of one of your favorite farming spots?

I've only played recently on a shard where there are no beetles, there are no bags of sending, and there are no mounts; but there aren't any of the new dungeons. Still, it's a long walk from the bottom of hythloth or shame back to the surface, especially when dealing with spawn, but if I was on horse I could cover the distance in seconds. On foot it may take a couple of minutes. Earning 10k gold every 5 minutes .vs. every minute may not be so hot, but it still pays the bills.

K

King_Ky

I think that is about right When I played siege on my bard I could cover about 200k in 1 hour on my provoker

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

Would you do me a favor and time how long it takes you to gallop out of one of your favorite farming spots?

I've only played recently on a shard where there are no beetles, there are no bags of sending, and there are no mounts; but there aren't any of the new dungeons. Still, it's a long walk from the bottom of hythloth or shame back to the surface, especially when dealing with spawn, but if I was on horse I could cover the distance in seconds. On foot it may take a couple of minutes. Earning 10k gold every 5 minutes .vs. every minute may not be so hot, but it still pays the bills.

[/ QUOTE ]

No longer something I'm interested in as it became even a little bit more unpleasant...I closed down my tamer but I wish all the other more serious farmers out there great enjoyment of their rising profit..And their longer hours of work..