• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why bother?!

• Thread starter imported_Death of Hemp
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Death of Hemp

I just went out to farm some gold for the first time since patch. It took 3 charges to send 1000 gold. I know they are trying to prevent afk farming but this seems a bit ridiculous to me. They just screwed over those of us who farm legally in remote places (the shard majority). Did I miss something? Did they say they didn't want bos to ever again be used to send gold?

P

prostkr

this is why resources prices are going to go sky high....leather is at 40per already

I

imported_Death of Hemp

Ouch.....am I wrong in thinking the majority of thier customers use bos legally and are unhappy with this change? My guess is an overwhelming majority feel the same way I do. But maybe more people think its gimp then I realize. So what does everyone think about this?

Yay? Nay?

C

Calibretto

I come from the age before BOS, so it doesn't really bother me.

But whats it do to our dungeons, no way someone is going way down in any dungeon ishner, fel ,anywhere to hunt now.

What are you gonna do walk five minutes for a few minutes of farming the come back out?

With the BOS changes maybe they should allow gate into and out of dungeons.
I mean the pk's can still camp bank and jump thru gates.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we do NOT need to be able to gate into and out of dungeons. This is Siege. Our citizens ought to be able to suck it up. I saw someone post that on U.hall, and I won't bother wading through U.Hall garbage to argue against that poster. But I will argue against it on the Siege boards. Gating into and out of dungeons is a terrible idea, especially for Siege.

There are still ways to farm and to move gold around. It may not be as convenient as doubleclick, target. But it should never have been that easy to begin with.

I

imported_mo'gluk

agreed with every patch, nerf and change to siege the people who are truly players of UO will find ways to survive and make it work I would not worry too much....resources will be had one way or another.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

I just went out to farm some gold for the first time since patch. It took 3 charges to send 1000 gold. I know they are trying to prevent afk farming but this seems a bit ridiculous to me. They just screwed over those of us who farm legally in remote places (the shard majority). Did I miss something? Did they say they didn't want bos to ever again be used to send gold?

[/ QUOTE ]
I not sure where you ...&lt;cough&gt;... farm gold, but a farmer of gold by killing
monsters does not need a bag of sending...
I do not use one, or two ... any bags of sending. It is just not needed.
Just walk outside the entrance and gate. Yes, one needs to give the pkers
their chance to kill ya! But, they also can do that in the dungeon too.
By the way, pking in dungeons is farming for gold also!
So, are you killing monsters or players?
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_Death of Hemp

True...I guess it does take us back to days of pkrs looking for beetles. It just makes ton of good farming locations no longer worth while.
I knew the change was coming but I had no idea it would be so severe. Three charges for 1000 gp? Should have just eliminated bos all together. Make people save thier bless item when huntin arties and such.

I

imported_Death of Hemp

I guess its not the gold so much. It's just, there are certain remote monsters that drop a lot of gold for thier difficulty and perhaps more important....they drop good jewels and enhancable armor. Of course, there are other places, but everyone knows and uses them. I like to farm alone (monsters that is).

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

Ouch.....am I wrong in thinking the majority of thier customers use bos legally and are unhappy with this change? My guess is an overwhelming majority feel the same way I do. But maybe more people think its gimp then I realize. So what does everyone think about this?

Yay? Nay?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the devs are trying to discourage us from using bos, as it interferes with our interaction between each other. I am happy about the change, it's just too much gold on this shard. Heck, some people are probably billionaires, and you know damn well that's ridiculous. Hi Shak.

I

imported_mo'gluk

I know i start selling blue beetles just so I can see the world revert a little bit

I

imported_Death of Hemp

I was not a happy camper this morn with a big pile of gold on the ground and five min run to anywhere gateable.

But, you all make good points. Made me start to think about exactly what Anti said. Should create more interaction. In fact, I may have to start farming farmers. MUUUAHAHAHA =)

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

I guess its not the gold so much. It's just, there are certain remote monsters that drop a lot of gold for thier difficulty and perhaps more important....they drop good jewels and enhancable armor. Of course, there are other places, but everyone knows and uses them. I like to farm alone (monsters that is).

[/ QUOTE ]
Take only what you need....leave the gold on the monster!
I do that sometimes.
Gold has only some use inside this game.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

I was not a happy camper this morn with a big pile of gold on the ground and five min run to anywhere gateable.

But, you all make good points. Made me start to think about exactly what Anti said. Should create more interaction. In fact, I may have to start farming farmers. MUUUAHAHAHA =)

[/ QUOTE ]
This is nothing but shallow self-interest...if you decide to pk me... I will never
talk to you, let you rez me, etc...this is the consequences of unwanted
interaction. No rebuttal... I not listening.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

The BoS charges are now tied directly to weight of the item being sent. So you can still send rare item drops effectively, it is just no longer feasible to use them for sending gold &amp; wood, ore, leather, etc. On Siege it makes it more tough for us because no recall/sacred journey but actually, I played a crafter &amp; resource gatherer on Siege for over 3 years, and never really used bags of sending. I certainly didn't use them for resource gathering. I can see how this will be a big inconvenience on people who relied on them though.

It is my understanding, they toned down the amount of powder you get on the bags when you do the solen quests too, although as far as I know from reading the feedback on the forums, and the patch notes, the mushroom to powder turn in has not been altered.

This will make it HUGELY inconvenient for champs though, when the champ spews piles of gold everywhere.

-Skylark

M

Masumatek

Blue beetle ftw? House near dungeon/farm site ftw? Horde minion ftw? Farming in locations where you can gate out/only have to walk a little till you can gate ftw?

There's plenty of ways to still get resources and gold quickly....

R

RobotPlanet

<blockquote><hr>

Blue beetle ftw? House near dungeon/farm site ftw? Horde minion ftw? Farming in locations where you can gate out/only have to walk a little till you can gate ftw?

There's plenty of ways to still get resources and gold quickly....

[/ QUOTE ]

Try dragging a full beetle to the bank without it getting killed.

House near gold farm works but it makes it hard to go from bank to house.

Horde minion is the same as a packllama or beetle.

Not everyone who needs gold can gate.

However, I farm my gold/items in a highly visible area next to a moongate, it serves my purposes because I only farm maybe an hour a day if time permits.

I do rely on people farming leather, so I wish they had a better way to get their wares to the bank. I do like the changes to BOS because it really screwed over the script gold farmers. Thats just good for everyone.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

No, we do NOT need to be able to gate into and out of dungeons. This is Siege.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor do we need Bags of Sending changed again. I don't see leather having value as a problem...we all know how easy it is to get gold.

G

slightly OT:

Is there a demand for zoogi out there? I think I still have a huge stack left over from my Iantown days...

Iantown was built on zoogi and boards, lol

M

Masumatek

"Try dragging a full beetle to the bank without it getting killed."

Don't fill it up all the way. You can still fill it to over 1400 stones though...you just won't be able to run on it, so be prepared to heal and defend. Btw...you're suppose to ride it, not drag it.

"House near gold farm works but it makes it hard to go from bank to house."

If you don't have gating...there's something called other players in this MMORPG. I suggest you get a mage buddy or pay a mage to help you transport.

"Horde minion is the same as a packllama or beetle."

It won't die nearly as often...it's not going to be targeted, whereas the beetle and packhorse/llama might be.

"Not everyone who needs gold can gate."

They can farm with a mage friend then, farm close to a moongate or bank, r just go the hard route and haul it....or use a beetle:)

G

It was a stupid change heres why: They didn't decrease amount of gold on creatures.

You shouldn't be forced to bank every 15 minutes because you are over loaded.

I mean there was no reason to go to hyth or like wise places before really, but now its just totally pointless. You have to leave as soon as you get there.

It would have been a step in the right direction to remove bos altogether, and from that point lower all the loot on monsters. Then have a gold wiping event to up the value of the currency.

G

Theres not easy and then theres easy to farm and a pain to move around.

Gold is absurdly easy to farm. You just have less options of where you effectively farm it now.

And as ive said before the most harmful part of this change is resource gathering. Few people gathered resources in the first place. I used to grab 1-2k barbed a week, I have yet to bother since the change.
When I do bother, the price will be much higher, and the next time I stock my vendors, the price may go up as much as I hate to do it.

P

pikon198

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we do NOT need to be able to gate into and out of dungeons. This is Siege. Our citizens ought to be able to suck it up. I saw someone post that on U.hall, and I won't bother wading through U.Hall garbage to argue against that poster. But I will argue against it on the Siege boards. Gating into and out of dungeons is a terrible idea, especially for Siege.

There are still ways to farm and to move gold around. It may not be as convenient as doubleclick, target. But it should never have been that easy to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Werd to big bird, if we survived without bos back in the early days of uo we can survive now. Back in 2001 i dont remember having any bags of sending. Yet people were still able to farm gold. Now its a bit more risky hehehehe. Which is SWEEET!

M

Masumatek

Yah...it's just too bad they didn't completely remove the BOS.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Suck it up man and pretend you play siege. Im sorry you weren't around before bags of trammieness were around but they ARE NOT required for farming.

If you want to farm, build up a pile of 60k-100k then run it to the bank 15-20k at a time. Itll take you 3 trips or more but thats how it used to be before trammie bags ended up on siege.

Welcome to playing UO again hope you can handle it.

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

I think they said they might adjust them

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. I hope you're wrong. The devs need to stop caving in under pressure from trammyland and stand by their decisions that are good for the game, despite what the "majority" may want.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think they said they might adjust them

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. I hope you're wrong. The devs need to stop caving in under pressure from trammyland and stand by their decisions that are good for the game, despite what the "majority" may want.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like facism to me.

R

RobotPlanet

<blockquote><hr>

Yah...it's just too bad they didn't completely remove the BOS.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too, I don't see the point in getting an artie back to the bank

Doom arties wont send in a bag.
Peerless when you get the artie your leaving anyway.

Ilsh arties or ML minors are not worth using the charges to send.

So yea should have made the solen queen get sucked into a rift.

off post, do borg have to be red?

R

RobotPlanet

<blockquote><hr>

Yea borg gotta be red...

[/ QUOTE ]

What about you pirate types? Redness or wishy washy blubies?

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

Theres not easy and then theres easy to farm and a pain to move around.

Gold is absurdly easy to farm. You just have less options of where you effectively farm it now.

And as ive said before the most harmful part of this change is resource gathering. Few people gathered resources in the first place. I used to grab 1-2k barbed a week, I have yet to bother since the change.
When I do bother, the price will be much higher, and the next time I stock my vendors, the price may go up as much as I hate to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like farming so having the bos to make an unpleasant chore quicker was a blessing for me... I won't waste so much of my game time now farming for resources or for gold... I just cancelled my tamer's account as I'm not able to get the unpleasant stuff over with as fast as possible... These kinds of decisions affect us in what we are willing to do and not do, go and not go, for the time allowed.

G

*tips hat* Farewell then. There is method behind this 'madness'. Gold is harder to farm. Resources are harder to acquire. *nods* Change is coming. Count on it. I have discussed this with some of the UO team.

Those that adapt and see it out will win. This will be a new age. Crafters will become more influential. Resource gathers will be well compensated. Warriors will have decent gear. I like it. *nods*

M

Masumatek

As Pikon said, you have to be red to be assimilated. We have a non-PvP guild called BS for alts though.

You can read the stickied threads at our forums to learn more about BORG. Just click the link in my sig (or if you don't like clicking links...it's the stratics guild forums).

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

*tips hat* Farewell then. There is method behind this 'madness'. Gold is harder to farm. Resources are harder to acquire. *nods* Change is coming. Count on it. I have discussed this with some of the UO team.

Those that adapt and see it out will win. This will be a new age. Crafters will become more influential. Resource gathers will be well compensated. Warriors will have decent gear. I like it. *nods*

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstand me Kelmo... I simply said I would no longer do it as it was not my profession and I don't spend as much time on uo as others... was simple enough for me to do with the bos... Now it is hard... so i won't and i get to close down a couple of accounts that I used for such... For the professional farmers... I'm sure it will pay off.. this is what they like doing and will do it.. i guess... only time will tell.. right? I'm willing to bet the vendors that sell to support the shard will become less and less just as it has for a while now...

Question... What exactly does anyone win in a emply shard?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Now it is hard... so i won't and i get to close down a couple of accounts

[/ QUOTE ]

Things are changing. Embrace that, or not.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Now it is hard... so i won't and i get to close down a couple of accounts

[/ QUOTE ]

Things are changing. Embrace that, or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Things are always changing in uo.. The sad part about this is Siege is loosing more and more players every day that are just giving up and not embracing what is going on with this shard which has NOTHING to do with the recent and promised changes... And I know of several vet players that Siege is about to loose soon and this makes me sadder still because they loved Siege. Not to even mention those that just recently quit...

P

pikon198

Yea i've noticed since i got here alot of people have quit as well. Sheesh its a dead town around here. My buddy wants us to go back to prodo cause he said its no fun playing and not running into a soul at a dungeon or seomthing. Are we all doomed..?

N

Nagash

<blockquote><hr>

Yea i've noticed since i got here alot of people have quit as well. Sheesh its a dead town around here. My buddy wants us to go back to prodo cause he said its no fun playing and not running into a soul at a dungeon or seomthing. Are we all doomed..?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I agree its been pretty dead lately, sometimes I almost forget this is an mmo...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have discussed this with some of the UO team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ones that quit? Or ones that still work for EA?

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I've said before, good changes, but not in stages like this. There will be NO patches or anything until like probably mid-late feb, and in the meanwhile things are annoying.

So right now, there are a whole slew of places that you basically cannot hunt in, because you get gold too fast, and it takes too long to get there/back to make it worth your while.
IF this changes, and IF they change drop rates, at BEST it will change in feb sometime. IF that happens, I will eat my hat.
I have a feeling gold levels will stay the same for a loooong time, and half of the dungeons will go unused, less people will be farming gold and leather, and everyone will be loosing out.

This is a great change for people who hunt (so long as they don't mind their hunting options being greatly limited), and fight, but for those who supply you, its a pain in the tookas.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Things are changing.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a poorly implemented fashion. No warning, no info, no reason, no expectation for future events, no altering of systems that were supremely effected by the BOS nerf. Poorly done.

<blockquote><hr>

Embrace that, or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I for one, have been dealing with bone head plays by the UO team for 10 years. Year after year they make bad changes (I was against BOS from the get go, but the game has changed now, partly around them, and that needs to be considered), then leave them in untill they become an intrigal part of the game and/or have already done so much damage it hardly matters anymore, then yank them out or change them years later with little warning.

I always move on with it, and find the new way to go about my business, but I have to say, I wont tell them I like it. I want them for once to make a change the way it had OUGHT to be made. With the public informed, with the incidentals worked out, and tested, and with all things taken into consideration.

G

you could also buy gold/resources directly from me and spend the time doing enjoyable stuff

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

I for one, have been dealing with bone head plays by the UO team for 10 years. Year after year they make bad changes (I was against BOS from the get go, but the game has changed now, partly around them, and that needs to be considered), then leave them in untill they become an intrigal part of the game and/or have already done so much damage it hardly matters anymore, then yank them out or change them years later with little warning.

[/ QUOTE ]

They never made dungeon hunts based around BOS. The only inconvient is that you people have become custom to the "good life", and now it's all over. Prepare to meet your gray hooded shroud. No more living on the corner of Easy St., and Got it Made Blvd.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They never made dungeon hunts based around BOS. The only inconvient is that you people have become custom to the "good life", and now it's all over. Prepare to meet your gray hooded shroud. No more living on the corner of Easy St., and Got it Made Blvd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes.. indeed... after all why should a game be east and give you a feeling of got it made... Let's work those sorry customers to death and show them how much we appreciate them... oh yes... i don't think we were a consideration... their consideration for action has always been to stop the cheaters from abusing the systems and making gold they thought should be theirs... they don't care 2 cents about us... I always thought that the bos was a great thing for Siege because of our handicap on movement which I still don't get... why shouldn't we be able to do SJ and recall or even do it in and out of the dungeons...if kelmo thinks this proves something negative about a person that would like this easy access to wonderful dungeons or the problem that bos solved because of our unique handicap... then that is him.. the reality is that it has already hurt Siege with vet players of both the fighting kind and the farming kind...

C

CorwinWE

Why? Because you're playing Siege. The one shard where you were never meant to be able to just recall straight to a spawn point, grab your gold, and recall it straight to the bank without having to deal with getting out of the dungeon alive.

There's hardly even a point to pk'ing famers when they can just bag of send anything of value right out of there. Heck, technically, they could just camp and never leave the spawn area (if they're not using pets). And without pks, there's no risk. Without risk there's no reason to team up. Without need to team up there's nothing at stake, no escalating battles, no heroes, no villains, no community, no game.

Used to be if you could haul 10k out of a dungeon, you'd achieved something. Entire guilds and alliances were formed to take control over the best dungeons. Other alliances were formed to take it back. There used to be 30 v 20 battles just over the right to farm a dungeon. No need for harrowers, champs, artifacts and all the ridiculous eye candy.

I realize most of us who enjoyed Siege for what it was back in the day have all quit in disgust, but it'd be nice if you folks who still play the shard inspite of what's been done to it could at least try to understand what the shard was meant to be.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

Why? Because you're playing Siege. The one shard where you were never meant to be able to just recall straight to a spawn point, grab your gold, and recall it straight to the bank without having to deal with getting out of the dungeon alive.

There's hardly even a point to pk'ing famers when they can just bag of send anything of value right out of there. Heck, technically, they could just camp and never leave the spawn area (if they're not using pets). And without pks, there's no risk. Without risk there's no reason to team up. Without need to team up there's nothing at stake, no escalating battles, no heroes, no villains, no community, no game.

Used to be if you could haul 10k out of a dungeon, you'd achieved something. Entire guilds and alliances were formed to take control over the best dungeons. Other alliances were formed to take it back. There used to be 30 v 20 battles just over the right to farm a dungeon. No need for harrowers, champs, artifacts and all the ridiculous eye candy.

I realize most of us who enjoyed Siege for what it was back in the day have all quit in disgust, but it'd be nice if you folks who still play the shard inspite of what's been done to it could at least try to understand what the shard was meant to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying but... the reality is that people stopped going into beautiful dungeons to even fight over the territory because it became so time consuming... I'm not sure having bos really had anything to do with raids being worth it or not... in fact was always nice to get bos as loot.... I don't think we ever considered it on our raids... Hey guys... let's not bother to raid because they have bos? how much fun is it to be able to pop in quickly in dungeons to surprise a group... how much fun would it be to have quick action in recalling/gating/and sj for warrior so they could also find enemy fast? Like it use to be in old uo. Fights were easier to get to then.

C

CorwinWE

Obviously you were just looking for someone to kill, not to stake a claim or make an impact on the shard. That's fun and all, but it's not what Siege was about. And the only reason the dungeons have ever dried up was because there were easier or safer ways to make gold. In that case, the problem isn't that hitting the dungeons is too hard, the problem is that there's easier gold to be had by other means.