• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why aren't reagents and scrolls always stocked at 500

Callise

Journeyman
I'm not looking forward to spending several hours just to buy up much needed resources for my scribe. Why can't they just be fully stocked at all times?

Adrahil

Adventurer
I feel your pain. I spend more play time buying reagents at mage shops then actually crafting. I just don't understand why the gating roadblock is still in place for half the game, but not for wood, ingots and etc.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can't help ya on scrolls, but I've used green thorns to pop up reagents. Now, not all of them are generated, but when you see you need more of something, THEN hit the reg shop. Thorns are usually much less expensive than trying to buy all the regs in sight. Oh, and I pick them up from the ground spawn, too.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you can also farm some of the reg carriers, like juka mages and tribal shamans - all 8 regs in a bag. Lich lords are good for necro regs.

Also, you can do about 8-10, maybe more, level 1-2 T-maps in an hour. Each T-map has something like (2+map Level) stacks of 40-60 regs, plus the 10k gold/level to buy more regs. Do maps between NPC restocks.