• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why are there more speedhackers than when "The Zero Tolerance Policy" for cheaters was announced?

• Thread starter imported_dukarlo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_dukarlo

Is it just me or are the number of speedhackers increasing by the day? Does EA mythic care about speedhacking at all?

G

Todays "speedhacks" are laughable compared to the old school ones!

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well...

The best way to catch people using unapproved third party programs to gain an unfair advantage is to use some kind of detection programming. Considering all of the obvious bugs and such that are being invented and exploited on a daily basis, adding codes to catch third party programs would be at the bottom of the list and will remain there as long as the list continues to grow.

B

Babble

Still never seen a speedhacker, but also have not been in Felucca for years.

Just accept that ea is busy doing things.
They declared years ago they want to keep the gms as low as possible and that cheating detection should be automated.

With that attitude that I am pretty sure they never changed, they never will get that under control.

Toguro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they dont have the ability to track it down nor do they have the manpower to enforce their "Zero tolerance policy"

your choices are:
1. Get use to it and "adapt"
2. Cancel and play a different game

Sad, but true =(

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

your choices are:

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the mentality of someone who would choose to join them instead of gutting it out

G

Personally, I wouldn't be talking about it if I was finding the cheaters.

I'd just find them quietly and deal with them loudly, surprise attack. *winks*

D

David of FL

<blockquote><hr>

Does EA mythic care about speedhacking at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they care........they care about the subscription money they get every month.

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

they dont have the ability to track it down nor do they have the manpower to enforce their "Zero tolerance policy"

your choices are:

Sad, but true =(

[/ QUOTE ]

they should put on their boxes when they sell the game: Zero tolerance for cheating, except we have a zero tolerance policy on our zero tolerance policy
so feel free to hack away

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

the thing about speed hax is if you stand still you are on even ground quit running around

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is, pvp is not just about standing around, its about, you know, running around and stuff..... maybe on siege peeps might just sit there and play with one hand holding up their head with the other just "standing still pvping" but on production shards we actually have to run around, its whats called "tactical positioning"...........and running is a big part of that

we wouldnt have all these people speedhacking in the first place if it didnt offer an (serious) advantage

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

your choices are:

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the mentality of someone who would choose to join them instead of gutting it out

[/ QUOTE ]Strangely, I didn't see "3. Download the exploit and use it yourself" anywhere on that list. Perhaps you misinterpreted what he was saying.

And sadly, yeah, those are the two options you have until EA Mythic DOES do something about speed-hacking: (1) Accept that it exists and play anyway, or (2) decide you won't play as long as it is present and quit.

Sure, option (3) exists, but neither I nor the poster to whom you responded advocated that option. L2R.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Is it just me or are the number of speedhackers increasing by the day? Does EA mythic care about speedhacking at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

What you think is a speedhack is is probably Kingdom Reborn, it is faster than 2D and makes it look like the player is speeding from 2D's perspective.

Not saying that there aren't 'real' speedhacks out there, just that the apparent recent increase is probably due to KR, one of the patchs for KR (think it wasn't the last one but the one before) dramatically increased the speed it runs at, ever since KR will run faster than 2D.

So in this case, yes EA does care, they did this for a very very good reason. What better way to win over PvPers so they start using KR than make it faster for PvP than 2D? It isn't hugely faster, but it is noticeable.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

February:

46 characters detected.

18 characters not seen for the next 24hours.

11 characters not seen for the next 72hours.

3 characters never seen again.

They got a new house rug...

"Welcome to Catskills!!! Please enjoy UO... by attending it."

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no "speed hacking" on siege. The peeps there like to refer to it as "skill" LMAO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There is no "speed hacking" on siege. The peeps there like to refer to it as "skill" LMAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

G

EA could easily throttle/queue packet arrival on the server end on a per-IP basis, so that everyone moves at the same speed, no matter how far their computer is overclocked.

I

imported_The_Dude_

LOL the people who use it dont call it skill or call it hacking either. They just call it overclocking your computer. We had some members of a LS guild join ours and one of there members joined and immed started talking about speedhacks. Saying if your not using it your stupid and you need to be. This person was promptly kicked and so were the rest of the guild that came over. They have since moved into a even more pathetic guild that uses field hacks, wands bugs, speedhacks etc.

Its absolutely pathetic. OMG they got someone selling ingots and burnd his houses wow GO EA. How about enforcing this pathetic excuse of a zero tolerance on cheating. Night after night my guild and I page on these people and night after night they run through para fields like they arent there and skip passed us.

L

Lord Mike

To stop the speedhackers don't run in a straight line. I usually pull a running back maneuver and run turn left, stop and turn around. The speedhacker literally runs about 7-12 tiles past where you juked them. Its absolutely hilarious because they move faster than they can even tell so by the time they see you stopped they are already a few tiles ahead. Doesnt help when trying to catch them, but it keeps you alive vs a macer

M

Meldurh

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What you think is a speedhack is is probably Kingdom Reborn, it is faster than 2D and makes it look like the player is speeding from 2D's perspective.

Not saying that there aren't 'real' speedhacks out there, just that the apparent recent increase is probably due to KR, one of the patchs for KR (think it wasn't the last one but the one before) dramatically increased the speed it runs at, ever since KR will run faster than 2D.

So in this case, yes EA does care, they did this for a very very good reason. What better way to win over PvPers so they start using KR than make it faster for PvP than 2D? It isn't hugely faster, but it is noticeable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know on my homeshard we have a guy who hijacks all threads on UOB
advertising for the Atlantic Shard,noone takes him seriously anymore.

I

imported_Skrag

<blockquote><hr>

What you think is a speedhack is is probably Kingdom Reborn, it is faster than 2D

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOL'd!

I

imported_thenow

You may not speedhack,as I have never thought u did , but some of ur members do it and it is obvious. I run back the way I came being chased by you guys ,as one post here stated , and it is funny seeing the hackers keep running for awhile.
And another comment by a post here i agree is, they think it is skill to hack, lol. So funny.They say comments like , skilless newb, you're a cowardly runner[as they run past you], dexter monkey , ur hopeless on a mage get some skill. The irony.
Honestly EA I'm one who continues to pvp despite the huge amount of cheating but my tolerance is becoming very thin. These speedhacking posts have been on these forums for constantly for over a year now and I got/get sick of saying my piece on the subject. EA/Mythic HELLO!!

I

imported_mr.blackmage

a year? Since the release of AoS I haven't seen anyone banned for speedhacking, and there have been people that have done it constantly for 5 years. There were times that certain programs were "fixed" and they would be without for a couple of months, but EA hasn't done anything about speedhacking besides Speedmans "fix" since AoS.

G

This has been around for years and years, when UO Extreme was what everyone was complaining about. After a while, the program inventor get's tired of UO, and it no longer works. So, another guy come along anp picks up the Hack UO thingy, and replaces the one that left.

It has always been here in one form or the other, and imhop, always will be. Complaining about it to EA is useless. They already know all about it. If it was easy to stop, they would do it.

What if making you play in full screen mode, and having it set up so NO programe could run in the background, not even your screensaver? Some people would say, HOORAY&lt; it is fixed. Others would say, WTF?, I need my ICQ on to play, this sucks.

This is why A lot of people who like to PvP, or would even just like to try it out, Don't. I mean, why try something you have no chance at because it is verry possible the other guy is cheating?

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

This has been around for years and years, when UO Extreme was what everyone was complaining about. After a while, the program inventor get's tired of UO, and it no longer works. So, another guy come along anp picks up the Hack UO thingy, and replaces the one that left.

It has always been here in one form or the other, and imhop, always will be. Complaining about it to EA is useless. They already know all about it. If it was easy to stop, they would do it.

What if making you play in full screen mode, and having it set up so NO programe could run in the background, not even your screensaver? Some people would say, HOORAY&lt; it is fixed. Others would say, WTF?, I need my ICQ on to play, this sucks.

This is why A lot of people who like to PvP, or would even just like to try it out, Don't. I mean, why try something you have no chance at because it is verry possible the other guy is cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, thats good and all

that doesnt mean we as customers should have to put up with cheating
or not voice our displeasure( which is very vocal about this )

I will complain and complain and pass the word around about this problem until I quit or they shut the doors...... im sure the people outside of UO I tell will reflect on this information when/ if they decide to purchase future EA games....

I mean seriously a company that not only allows cheating, but actually encourages it by their non-action on their own policies, who wouldnt want to know information about a gaming company like that?

T

Trailer Trash

<blockquote><hr>

LOL the people who use it dont call it skill or call it hacking either. They just call it overclocking your computer. We had some members of a LS guild join ours and one of there members joined and immed started talking about speedhacks. Saying if your not using it your stupid and you need to be. This person was promptly kicked and so were the rest of the guild that came over. They have since moved into a even more pathetic guild that uses field hacks, wands bugs, speedhacks etc.

Its absolutely pathetic. OMG they got someone selling ingots and burnd his houses wow GO EA. How about enforcing this pathetic excuse of a zero tolerance on cheating. Night after night my guild and I page on these people and night after night they run through para fields like they arent there and skip passed us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Untill you kick gimpy and fatality dont speak on this subject!!!

Toguro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

February:

46 characters detected.

[/ QUOTE ]

so ur saying 46 people got caught speedhacking but only 32 got punished?
umm lol yeah right

G

oMG!! EA + KR hax!

Seriously though, speedhacking/cheats are annoying. Those that do it certainly aren't elite PvPers by any means...just lame script kiddies.

T

Trailer Trash

In the end we all know who the speed hackers are, so if they kill you and you are legit dont count it as a loss!!! thats how i roll!!!!

G

I would still like to see speedhackers and cheaters suddenly burst into flames.

How about having all of their items scatter around them in a final, character- deleting explosion?

Lots of fun possibilities...

G

<blockquote><hr>

February:

46 characters detected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats.
Catskills is now a safer place, and less people are ruining my gameplay. [/sarcasm]
Now, when do you recieve your paycheck?

D

David of FL

<blockquote><hr>

What you think is a speedhack is is probably Kingdom Reborn

[/ QUOTE ]

If that were true then why are all the pvp screenshots on every forum in 2d?

I

imported_mr.blackmage

yeah, from what I hear I don't even think it is possible to play an effective mage using KR in PvP.