• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

why are 3 shards getting content weeks before the rest!!!!

jasbos8

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was reading the newsletter and I may be mistaken but it reads like 3 shards are getting the new content weeks before the rest of us its no use stopping transfers from these shards they will have stock of drops and be well ahead of the rest of the shards what is going on is it just me finding this totally unfare

jasbos8

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It happens every time there is a new publish. Origin is the new content test shard and usually one or two others.

Somebody has to be the guinea pig.
yes but a 3 week test its been on test for weeks already I don't recall it ever being so long in the past so why is it fair why not test it on Europe or Atlantic its been on test so why is it tested now for another 3 weeks

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Exploiters don't report the bugs on test center and wait for it to go live before they abuse the hell outta a bug lol. This way UO can minimize the damage lol

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
At first it was just Origin that was the live test shard...but it got to the point where there weren't enough people to test on Origin so they opened up Baja as well to be a second live test shard. Be thankful you don't get the publish first...there have been times...MANY times that bugs were found on these shards that had to be fixed and/or the shard reverted. It's what we sign up for when we live on Origin :)

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
It's not much they can do this time though, they can build a castle for 300 mil and thats it. Rest isnt active until 1 october or when all shards get the pub 101. Edit they can do the astronomy stuff aswell.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
yes but a 3 week test its been on test for weeks already I don't recall it ever being so long in the past so why is it fair why not test it on Europe or Atlantic its been on test so why is it tested now for another 3 weeks
Question ... did you go onto Test and work with some of the new content or the contest stuff? Did you have issues? Those are bugs and if you were a good tester, you reported them so they could get fixed BEFORE production rollout.

If you've been around for a while as you indicated elsewhere ... you should know that the larger the patch/publish the longer it may be on test. And you would also know that production testbeds of Origin, Baja and Izumo ALWAYS get the results first as a trial under production environments and not test arenas.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
During one publish, Baja lost a lot of old and irreplaceable EM items because of a bug. It was too late to do a revert so the items in the shard museum were lost forever. This issue is the reason that the EM copy of the drop is shard bound now.

So as Larisa said, be thankful that others find the issues before it goes worldwide.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I've lost many items over the years due to bugs found in publishes.....it's the cost of living on Origin...and now Baja...don't be jealous that we get the patches first, trust me lol you don't WANT them first just on the off chance you lose something irreplaceable.

Yes, for the most part they run smoothly and nothing major happens, BUT when it does, we make the sacrifices for the rest of you :)

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not much they can do this time though, they can build a castle for 300 mil and thats it. Rest isnt active until 1 october or when all shards get the pub 101. Edit they can do the astronomy stuff aswell.
the price

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The dev team's pretty good about fixing characters, pets, and other things that get screwed up on Origin (and Baja and Izumo now) when testing a new publish. Sometimes they fix things individually and sometimes they have to do a revert. Like others have said, it's just part of playing on any one of those shards. Even when those shards get some new item ahead of the other shards, you can't transfer the new stuff somewhere else until other shards are on the same publish.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bet some people are glad it was released to Origin 1st now....after that day and a half revert...…. ;)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yes, for the most part they run smoothly and nothing major happens, BUT when it does, we make the sacrifices for the rest of you :)
you can probably get down off the cross now, i dont think anyone is watching.
:)