• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why 120 Disco?

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
uoguide says target loses 10% at 50 skill and 20% at 100 skill...no mention of any additional loss at 120. Any information differ from that or am I wasting 20 skill points and time? I can disco a cu (for training purposes) at 100...if no additional % is granted I'd be done. So more of a curiosity (and hope I can stop training) than anything.

XeneX

Adventurer
@ 120 discord I drop my pet from 120 skill to 86.4, a drop of 33.6. Haven't really looked at wild beasts, but I assume it's the same.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Not that a tamer would use disco masteries, but it also helps with those. Or if you use provo/peace masteries to buff your pet when not using consume damage, those also draw a little extra oomph from any bard skills at 120. if you feel you don't need the 8% or additional benefits, don't worry about it. But if training the skill is your biggest deterrent, keep in mind discord trains much more smoothly by toggling the masteries on/off and targeting yourself.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
that's how ive been training at a rate of 0.2 an hour with fully maxed MR stats. I'll take the debuff under consideration ty everyone

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
agreed...but I have a samp/tamer I use for bosses. this toon is solely for training pets up

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
keep in mind this suit isn't full bore...it uses pots to compensate for the str and dext I need (didn't wana go nuts on a suit for a temp that didn't pan out):

120 Swords
120 Bush
100 Tactics (+10)
80 Necro (+20)
95 Taming (+15)
80 Lore (+30)
55 Chiv (+15)
70 Parry

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Melee tamer seems pretty cool, something I've always wanted to try. I bet onslaught would do a lot of good stacking damage with the right elemental pet...

ooh and I bumped my music down to gm (99, tbh) to train all my bard skills with masteries. It is slow AF, and I couldn't prove it helped, but at least I felt like I may have been making the best possible use of the time it was taking.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i use a disco cu (ive posted initial thoughts of the temp in warrior forum). I've been toying with the idea of a reptalon with area effect for spawning purposes.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Lol I was just thinking too bad you can't bring the disco toon along with the onslaught. I recall seeing the post now, sounds pretty badass!

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
keep in mind this suit isn't full bore...it uses pots to compensate for the str and dext I need (didn't wana go nuts on a suit for a temp that didn't pan out):

120 Swords
120 Bush
100 Tactics (+10)
80 Necro (+20)
95 Taming (+15)
80 Lore (+30)
55 Chiv (+15)
70 Parry
Use chiv to heal pets? That's a lot of +skill stuff to find! Hehe how's the overall dps? Better than straight sampire?

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
its about avg to wat my previous samp did...~200 per hit on dbl strike with onslaught (400 total). but the cu adds a bit more dmg with its AIs. so dps isn't much greater overall but it was a nice differ from the samp norm

far as healing...I tank the boss then sick pet on it...so it has 20hpr and 120 healing but the focus is on me