• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Who was it that was talking about fishing pole skills?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was reading a post a few days ago, where someone was claiming that 2 or 3 of the skill groups weren't possible for fishing poles. I can't find it now, even using search.

Well, I can tell them they are at least partially wrong, as I have Meditation +6 (which is in one of the groups the said didn't occur) on my fishing pole.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I checked it out and found that I couldn't imbue any fishing poles. Is it is only the runic made ones that can be imbued?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can't imbue them - but runic made poles can have skills added, and perhaps ones made of Heartwood as well.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found they had magical properties added if you enhanced with bloodwood HP2 heartwood HP2 and or 20- 40 luck and or or spell channelling and or some other properties added (I can't recall) and enhancement worked 100% without the use of a forge tool.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The post you were looking for is the last post in the Craftsman data chest under skills and combinations

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was me. :D

And yes, I added that guess to http://vboards.stratics.com/craftsm...le-jewelry-updated-april-7-a.html#post2031361 .
I did mainly, becourse I have spend 'some' time to get a fishing pole with music for my crafter several years ago. Laters someone discovered the grouping of skills on magical items. (Excluding spell books ... those have only very limited skill selections.) I could have been unlucky with my experiments of a few hundred fishing poles (including heartwood runic crafted ones on TC) and not getting any music or taming skill bonus. But with skills coming in groups it is more than unlikely not to match any skill of those related groups if it would be possible.
[And meditation is in one of the possible skill groups.]