• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who made the better games?

G

Who do you think made the better games?

Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy // Lost Odyssey)
or
Richard Garriott (Ultima Series // Tabula Rasa)

G

I'd call apples and oranges...

I love the Ultima games for the depth
I love the Final Fantasy games for the narrative experience (and Aeris).

B

Babble

Is it bad when I never played final fantasy or any of the ultima series?

G

Yes, very bad. Now go out and buy them and play them, or everyone on UHaul is gonna take turns flogging you and dipping you in a vat of boiling oil, then keelhaul you.

G

"I love the Final Fantasy games for the narrative experience (and Aeris)."

Hehe, i gotta say my favorite Final Fantasy was Final Fantasy 7. My favorite char was Vincent Valentine. I always knew that he was a complete badass, yet noone really believed me until Dirge of Cerberus came out and people learned what exactly he was. If you haven't played Dirge of Cerberus yet, let me put it this way. If Cloud and Sephiroth both went up against Vincent at the same time, he would wtf pwn both of them. If you want to know what i mean, check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6fqKrOHCJk&feature=related

My 2nd favorite character would have to be Sephiroth. Who didn't like that hate-filled badass?

There was a rumor awhile back that Vincent was actually Sephiroth's father, not very hard to believe either, seeing the physical/mental similarities between the two, but that "myth" was later debunked.

Haven't played any of the Final Fantasies past 7, besides a sampler of Final Fantasy 8. But from what i've been told, all the ones past 7 aren't as great, and go downhill. Heard Final Fantasy X-2 was pretty horrible.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"I love the Final Fantasy games for the narrative experience (and Aeris)."

Hehe, i gotta say my favorite Final Fantasy was Final Fantasy 7. My favorite char was Vincent Valentine. I always knew that he was a complete badass, yet noone really believed me until Dirge of Cerberus came out and people learned what exactly he was. If you haven't played Dirge of Cerberus yet, let me put it this way. If Cloud and Sephiroth both went up against Vincent at the same time, he would wtf pwn both of them. If you want to know what i mean, check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6fqKrOHCJk&amp;feature=related

My 2nd favorite character would have to be Sephiroth. Who didn't like that hate-filled badass?

There was a rumor awhile back that Vincent was actually Sephiroth's father, not very hard to believe either, seeing the physical/mental similarities between the two, but that "myth" was later debunked.

Haven't played any of the Final Fantasies past 7, besides a sampler of Final Fantasy 8. But from what i've been told, all the ones past 7 aren't as great, and go downhill. Heard Final Fantasy X-2 was pretty horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

After 7 only 9 and 12 were worth playing. I loved 9 and it was probably my favorite because the ending was actually a surprise and probably the first time I have ever really been surprised at the end of a game lol. The only thing I really didn't like about 9 was the fact it felt so short. 7 seemed to drag on forever which was nice because it was a great game and who wants to stop playing a good game right. 12 I haven't finished I got bored not with the game and the story so much but I wanted to fill my license grid completely before moving on lost interest in that then stopped playing it so I will probably restart some time and play through it but I did make it about half way and it was a pretty cool game from what I was seeing.