• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who here plays darkfall? (BR?)

A

archite666

Interested in any siege players who have good experiences..

Just started playing... I think i'm falling in love....

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play.

My guild is an elite soldier clan for the top alliance on the server at the moment. We are not currently recruiting.

I have a house in the village of darkmouth (in human lands) where I run a vendor from it. If anyone from Siege starts playing full time, feel free hitting me up on these boards and I can set you up with some basic stuff to get you going.

There is a clan (guild) called NEW in DFO as well. It serves the same function NEW does here on Siege. I suggest anyone who comes over without friends to seriously check them out... being clanless or solo in this game is brutal.

The games next expansion is slated for July. There was a community event (for all races) on Friday night. There is also a player driven event (blood scrolls) portion of their dynamic lore system that allows players to record, report and post their events through the DFO official page. Their last even a few weeks ago was a massive sea battle where the Devs spawned a **** ton of ships and let the whole server blow each other up! Was fantastic. I've never experienced combat like this (500+ versus 500+ sieging player held cities, thousands fighting thousands in open ocean combat, small scale skirmishes at pvp hot spots, city raids, pk runs, the works.) It's been years since I've seen anything even close to this in UO.

Like with any other MMO videogame... you will find yourself sheering sheep (not literally) and doing basic stuff until you get semi-situated. The game is exactly like Perilous in ruleset and there are no 100% safe zones.

If you stick with it and unlock a few things (I can give you tips on the basics of what you need to be competitive) a whole world opens up to you. It's breath-taking. I haven't enjoyed a game like I have been with DFO in quite some time.

A

archite666

you still use ICQ? I could use some advice, not equipment, I'm finding starting out on my own very enjoyable. Still got like 18 hours of player protection.

I could really use advice on template and what not so im not wasting my time.
I have been experimenting with all the weapons, its pretty awesome.

Im amazed at the quests and combat and how polished everything is.... I thought maybe your were talking it up a bit but now I see how wrong I was.

H

HaHa

you still use ICQ? I could use some advice, not equipment, I'm finding starting out on my own very enjoyable. Still got like 18 hours of player protection.

I could really use advice on template and what not so im not wasting my time.
I have been experimenting with all the weapons, its pretty awesome.

Im amazed at the quests and combat and how polished everything is.... I thought maybe your were talking it up a bit but now I see how wrong I was.
there is still WoW.... just saying...

R

Rykus

I just started here 3 weeks ago. DF is definitely the closet thing to UO that I've found in a 3D MMO. Unless they royally screw things up like they did with UO so long ago, I'll be here for a long time. I have only had very limited PvP at this point, and only have a whopping 3 kills under my belt. All of those were other noobs in opposing clans (at war). Good times.. lol

About NEW in DF.. Just about everyone I've ran into absolutely despises NEW, and many actively hunt them. I am in the wolf lands, so perhaps the sentiment in the chat channels I watch is just a bit more hostile than some others..? In any case, just a friendly warning that NEW may or may not be a good option for all, or in all areas.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play also, played for about 4 months but summer hit and i've been busy so ive taken a break but once school starts up again im sure ill be back to grinding. last time i checked i was in a guild called NME living out of Caxtla but that was like 3 months ago. damn starcraft 2 has been taking up a lot of my time recently.