• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who do I talk to about House building tiles?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I really would like to see the addition of grass tiles with a worn path...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
grass to dirt... dirt to hardpack.... sloping anything!...... more curved walls and curved floors to put under them....

feel free to add your wishes... :D

~edit~ and I totally forgot, prolly the best thing is for all of us to send in feedback forms, I suppose

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possibly send a PM with your ideas to Draconi...or even better to Sakarrah (think I might have mispelled her name, but you know who I'm talking about), she really moves fast on getting things done and listens to ideas from players.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While you are suggesting, how about asking for the MISSING TILES in the sets we have had for years. :D

-Skylark

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* I am rather new at the deco/design thing. Some of the work displayed here is amazing, I doubt I will ever achieve the sort of results I see here.

I just wanted a nice path for my archery butte. Worn from many footsteps...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is the best we have right now, Kelmo, on your floor tiles... makes a nice pathway (please excuse the messy boxes, still decorating this place)

Attachments

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Very nice! I suppose it is not unusual for these projects to take freakin' ages. Finding the perfect deco is slow going. *waits for a log*

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really would like to see the addition of grass tiles with a worn path...
Me too!!!

oooh wait... errrrr :eyes:

There have been a few more than reasonable requests for additional stuff in the house customization. I'll add this to my "to do wish list". But I haven't looked at the house customization code AT ALL. For all I know, it will spank me raw and send me home crying to mommy. So IF it's something I can do, I will when I have a chance. Just don't expect it soon.

Sak

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*bows* Thank you.

T

Tazar

Me too!!!

There have been a few more than reasonable requests for additional stuff in the house customization. I'll add this to my "to do wish list". But I haven't looked at the house customization code AT ALL. For all I know, it will spank me raw and send me home crying to mommy. So IF it's something I can do, I will when I have a chance. Just don't expect it soon.

Sak
*Hugs* just for the fun of it! :)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Me too!!!

Sak
Well a great start would be to 'complete' the existing tile sets. Nothing worse than when you want a 'half wall' or 'quarter wall' or 'corner' piece in a particular height and find the set doesn't have it, same for arches and pillars, and matching window/door sets. There are a lot of tile sets I would like to build in but because they are missing critical pieces it means you need to select another type or be forced to mix sets which sometimes isn't what you want and totally 'wrecks' the look.

Also, wherever you have a 'patterned' floor tile, a plain to match it would be great, this is really needed in some of the elven sets as the full pattern ones are often way to 'busy' and need a plain offset.

Can only *hope*

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm... I'd like to be able to make a somewhat realistic porch. Like, have a small (half or quarter wall) foundation and be able to place fencing on top of it... oh... and fencing that can actually connect to pillars!

F

Flora Green

Is that a current design, DevilsOwn? If so, and it's not in the sticky above, I'd love to see it. :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) thank you, Flora

built it a bit ago, and the deco is still in progress, but I'll get some pics up this week for you! flattered that you asked

rmjcsr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love water that isn't square :)
Like smoother rounder edges. Just my 2 cents :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for Flora :) still some small deco to decide/build/tear apart/sigh over, but it's almost done!

this home sits next to a castle, so I wanted to compliment that since we're the only two houses in that area right now, but it needed to a bit softer

this floor gave me the biggest headache..... curtains over stairs looks nice, but what a pain!!

lots more to do in the bathroom, but at least I can relax in the bubble bath when it tires me out :)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is super cute! You obviously put lots of (wo)man hours into working on it. Very nice job!

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SAND. I want sand tiles for my tiki beach snack bar. I want my missing roof tiles. I want the missing fountain styles that go with certain house styles. I want missing styles of arches too.

overall, finish the original sets and I'd be happy!!! (please god no more ice crap)

T

Teeshy

*agrees with sand*

I'm trying to make my house (I recently placed on that little bit of beach, south of Britain) blend in to the beach a bit - I'm going to try and mine a crap load of sand and see if that works as floor tiles =P

S

Seasseragh

Agree with any of the above.

Teeshy, maybe use sandcolored cloth under the real sand? May save you some lockdowns.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*agrees with sand*

I'm trying to make my house (I recently placed on that little bit of beach, south of Britain) blend in to the beach a bit - I'm going to try and mine a crap load of sand and see if that works as floor tiles =P
It might be better now that it stacks, IIRC it was rectangular as a single piece and wouldn't cover a whole tile. Heck, you might think about trying the thick scattered hay over that or over sand colored cloth to get a sandy look.

T

Teeshy

Oh, cloth I hadn't thought of at all, thansk! =) Scattered hay I had started trying to find (I have a grand total of two of them =P) cos I thought I may have to go with that too =) Sand is still rectangular I think - but I figured if nothing else, I could use it to look "scattered" going from the beach to the path between the beach shacks =)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, cloth I hadn't thought of at all, thansk! =) Scattered hay I had started trying to find (I have a grand total of two of them =P) cos I thought I may have to go with that too =) Sand is still rectangular I think - but I figured if nothing else, I could use it to look "scattered" going from the beach to the path between the beach shacks =)
What you could do is do sand on each tile twice, then raise up the top sand so it all merges together, do some at the edges of the path (or plants or whatever) to cover the irregularities...of course when you walk on the path you will see the raised up sand hit your midsection, but it would look nice otherwise, I think. :)

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love water that isn't square :)
Like smoother rounder edges. Just my 2 cents :)
me too me too me too!!!!!!!!!!!!
would be great to be able to build a pond that actually looked like a pond without having to stuff plants all over the square edges :)

devil's own - that's an awesome house!!! tks for posting pics :)

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My very first request would be the rounded water tiles and grass-dirt rounded tiles. All else can wait. The dirt-packed dirt rounded edges are nice, but not as pretty as having that dark stony dirt as a path. Also, plowed dirt (like farmer's fields) would be awesome, and archways for all the tile sets!

Thanks for at least looking into it, Sak! :heart:

S

Stupid Miner

My very first request would be the rounded water tiles and grass-dirt rounded tiles. All else can wait. The dirt-packed dirt rounded edges are nice, but not as pretty as having that dark stony dirt as a path. Also, plowed dirt (like farmer's fields) would be awesome, and archways for all the tile sets!

Thanks for at least looking into it, Sak! :heart:
I think it'd be better to, instead of improving tiles we currently have, give us tiles that we have none of. Such as Lava falls and sand tiles and forest tiles etc.

Square edges can always be obscured with well-placed flora.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love sand and forest tiles, oh yes. :D But I still really think that water tiles ought to come first - we already have some water tiles and it's frustrating to have to place certain plants in certain ways to cover up square edges, make waterways and ponds odd shapes and sizes to accomodate plants and cover up those edges better, etc.

I have a similar complaint about the wall tiles that are missing bits - specifically the ones that are missing poles, half-walls, windowed walls or my favorite bit of archetecture - arches. It's impossible to build a japanese-inspired garden hut with the japanese wall art because there aren't any arch pieces to hold up a roof on an open-walled hut - no matter what I do with post placement, without arches one of the roof corners won't commit! :( That, and the inability to make arched doorways, etc.

Even if they only gave us a set of 8 boring curves (4 concave and 4 convex corners) and 4 straight edges on the water tiles, and then added sand, I'd cheer for quite a while.

M

Mairut

for Flora :) still some small deco to decide/build/tear apart/sigh over, but it's almost done!.....
I was wondering where I might find the walls at, that have the windows...? I saw this today and thought I might try it with a design I'm working on but I can't find the walls in the customize menu :(

Edit: LOL! Nevermind, I just figured out how to do it... :p