• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Who best gives carpentry recipes?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to find out the best person in Heartwood to do the quests that gives out the recipes for carpentry is. I think there is 22 carpentry recipes in total? At least according to this link: Recipe - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Well... I went to Heartwood, and I could not find a "carpenter" quest giver. I did find several "arborist" quest givers that offer quests to make foot stools called: "Arch Support" ...are the arborist elves found in Heatwood the people that I want to do the quests to hopefully get all 22 carpentry recipes from? Or can someone tell me the "best" elf in Heartwood to take the quest from to get rewards from?

A side note... I don't have musicianship, so I don't think I can make "lap harps" is that correct?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Arborists and bark weavers are the ones that would work, since you can't make harps without 45 music.

The hard part is getting the quests you want, which thankfully can be done faster by repeatedly double-clicking the quest-giver if offered the wrong quests, until the quest you want shows up (cancelling takes several times longer).

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, I see, thank you.

So then, the only offered quest that will work for me is still going to be the "Arch Support" quest? There is no chance that a different much more rare quest is offered for the rare recipes is there?

Thank you again for the feedback. :)

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer to use Arch Support (rather than Stop Harping Me) because it requires only one type of resource and less resources overall.
Arch Support = 10 foot stools = 90 boards (9*10)
Stop Harping Me = 20 Lap Harps = 400 boards (20*20) + 200 cloth (10*20)
I can easily replensish my board supply between crafting runs, by lumberjacking for a couple minutes (which helps break up the monotony).

I don't recall any indepth studies of the reward percentages for any of the Heartwood quests. I have not noticed a difference.

To make instruments, you do not need 45 Musicianship (real skill). You can use items to get the skill. I use the following items:
+15 ring
+15 bracelet
+5 Singing Axe
+10 Song Woven Mantle (leaf arms, elf only)*
*There is also a Mark of Travesty version that can have +10 Musicianship, which humans can wear (it seems quite pricey though).
You only need the skill when making instruments, so you can freely take them on and off if you can't spare the

Stayin Alive,

BG

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm... So, which are the best quests to get a singing axe recipe? Quest name?

And thank you so much for all the feedback, it is really helping me. :)

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any of the blacksmithing quests can give that recipe. I do not know how frequent it is, since there are alot of blacksmithing recipes (my guildmate got it and made me one). You would probably be better off using your shard's chat system and either buy a recipe or get someone to make you an axe.

Stayin Alive,

BG