• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who are we on Siege, old, new and returning players

Dopamine

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey all,

I'm Blasto here on siege. I just remade my toon with a new account. I played an orc with Shadowclan back in the day and I still hold up the Kursed Keep they way it was. I started playing UO on Atlantic, then moved to Siege and joined Shadowclan and had the best time online by far. After running through a dozen or more online games, I'm back to explore the new UO because its completely different now. Like Tibs above mentioned, PvP first brought me here. I'm not the twink I used to be, but am not adverse to it. I'm also trying out being a mage. I was a dexer for the vast majority of my time back as an orc.

Folded

Journeyman
Hello all! i am coming to siege. I started back up about 2 years ago, been off and on since early 98. I have felt like an outsider the whole time on the normal shards. Because i still stick to my SP ways. I dont pvp anymore because i an use to publish 15/16. Plus from what i see on ATL its the same group of people running in groups, which isnt pvp.

I played SP back in 98-02 was in the guild THC The High Counsel. WE had a Tower in safe haven, Our guild was developed mainly of RL friends. Good times, unfortunately i am the last of our guild that still plays. A few dabble in free shards based around publish 15/16. Anyway i am debating on the characters i want to build. Looking forward to meeting everyone in the near future.

Wolf-VJ

Visitor
I will give background even though I doubt anyone here will remember me.

I started out in UO back in late 97 when the game came out. I played on Great Lakes one day attacked in the bowels of Hythloth by VJ I made an impression by actually fighting back. I joined VJ and had a lot of fun against the large pk guild SiN (sinister) .

When Siege first came out we all agreed to move over but after the exploits of one guild caused a wipe we lost a lot of members. We continued to play and about 6 months in had our first split half our group was of the feeling that being just "PKs" and killing the same merchants and PVE folks over and over was boring and short sighted because if they quit who would you "pk" so VJ under me moved more towards PvP and away from standard PK and the guild Criminal Element (CE) was born.

During this period I ended up allying with guilds like BiH, KGB and others. we had some pretty epic fights some of them shown and pictured on the Blood Clan Page This period lasted for a year or so things settling down on Siege.

during this time most of VJ would start to quit and I would find myself alone so having formed good friendships with several members of BIH I joined them. I played alongside BiH for many years we pretty much dominated faction wars and decimated much of the PKs.

Sadly all good things come to an end I think the worst thing that UO did was when they kept adding new lands... as the years went by and the population would decrease they would add more lands to disperse the population and you could go an entire day and not see someone else...

eventually BiH also left as a guild and the few of us remaining went different ways, I kept in touch with Heff, Garet Jax and Thran for a while.

One memory that got me much hatred back in the day that I still laugh at today. back then before they introduced BODS and those armor and weapons PvPing did have an element of skill and connection speed but with the introduction of stupid weapons that could just lock you in place and kill you a few of the shards worst pvpers used this time to boost their ego and self proclaim themselves "pvp gods" one being Pikichu he had the servers one and only short speer of insta death... it would para you every hit and basically if he got a hit off there was not much to do but wait for black and white... he became feared by many and a self proclaimed leader of pvp... one day while I was fighting him his speer dropped... I picked it up and killed him. he took the the boards and to the GMS and cried and cried about how evil I was and how his it was an exploit of me to have grabbed his blessed speer.... not my fault he dropped it on the ground the GMs agreed with me. I admit taunting him with screen shots of it sitting in a trash can in my house was pretty childish and mean but the fact he quit the game after he lost that speer sort of confirmed what a scrub he always was.... I do have to wonder if I still have that in one of my banks if they add the free accounts the ability to see their banks I will have to check because that thing should go to a museum.

Thats me I did laugh last night pretty had logged in was stuck outside destard had no macros no spells up and someone ran up and whacked me I thought it was pretty funny how much effort they put into looting even my cloths I see the bottom feeders have not changed much ;) even UDL would offer a gate out after the fight.

Three Way Fighting lots of memories there!

Ceronis Liadon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello siege peoples!

I'm a returning player who started just before trammel and left some time shortly after Mondain's Legacy. I came to siege just before the age of shadows and considered it home (and as close to "right" as it gets) ever since. If you can't tell that means I like getting ganked and don't mind being dead. Let's be honest, the colors of the game are pretty garish at times anyway.

I have a handful of accounts and thus names including:

Coarse Liadon
Arawin Liadon
Godo Liadon
Astinus Xeno

I'm returning with a real life friend "Gaston LeRoux" but when I last left I was hanging out with Revvo, Shakaja, Feyre (sp?) and Gonthrax, to name a few. I'd love to get in touch with any of the old REV guys if you're still around.

I've hooked up with Max Blackoak since returning and he's been showing me the ropes and getting me up to speed on changes (Thanks Max!).

And I guess that's all there is to know about me.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I'm a super-sexy award-winning musician!

Attachments

Last edited:

eye

Visitor
Hiya everyone
Had to make my stratics name "eye" cause " I " wasn't long enough... :(
My in game toon name is " I ". Some of you have seen me around.
Planning to be a part of Siege, kill me but please don't loot me, haha

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hiya everyone
Had to make my stratics name "eye" cause " I " wasn't long enough... :(
My in game toon name is " I ". Some of you have seen me around.
Planning to be a part of Siege, kill me but please don't loot me, haha
That's kinda like telling a Shark that it's ok to eat you, as long as it doesn't chew . . .

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks for the memories Wolf and welcome back and welcome to all the other new and returning players.
Yes I remember Brotherhood in Hidding errr, in Honor I mean :p

Last edited:

Blargety

Journeyman
Blargety here. Joined siege on August 3rd and haven’t looked back. Not sure where this adventure is headed, but we’ll take it one day at a time.

In game, I’m an archer. I have a support account with a character whose name is about to change due to it mirroring an old rather unpopular Siege Perilous character.

In real life, I’m a full-time writer that works from home. You’ll probably see me online often some weeks, and offline completely randomly for a few days at a time as I like to travel with my wife.

I look forward to adventuring with all of you.

Erskin

Visitor
Hi Everyone,

Used to play on Europa waaaay back, but quit in 2001. Came back to UO in February when I heard about EJ: to be honest I was surprised UO still existed! So, I made a new account and character on Europa to have a look around and see what had changed (lots! lots had changed!!)

Fast forward to about a month ago and I'm running around my shop restocking the vendors for the forth time that day.... it's fair to say I was beginning to get bored of playing Ultima Shopkeeper! I was about to pack the contents of my house into the bank, when I came across some tales of Siege Perilous, so I thought I'd give it a try. I've been sneaking around the place since then.

Currently playing a necro-ninja, but that may change as my weak will forces me to buy more soulstones from the store! o.0

Thank you to all of those I've met so far for being so friendly and helpful - I've probably had more conversations on Siege in the last few weeks than I had on Europa in the last 6 months (and I've spent most of my time here in stealth!!). A special thank you to Joline Maza (for letting me put a tile in her amazing hub), to Tanager (for helping this old newbie with some decor) and to Celestial (for breaking up the monotony of Zoogi farming). :D

Erskin Salt

Bithmus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

I started Ultima Online on the Lake Superior on opening day in 1997. I had the beta CD but I can't remember if I ever got the beta working before opening day. My first character, Bisthmus, was a tamer, mage, warrior. I wasn't very good but it was a ton of fun. I mostly stayed in the Vespers, Minoc, Cove, Covetous areas. I met a guy named Toadness in Covetous and I was amazed by his ability to cast level 4 spells without fizzling! He showed me Hyloth 4 and other tougher areas. I eventually met him in real life when I went to the University of Illinois where he was a student and worked for the Illinois Natural History Survey, the largest bug collection in the world! I started a guild near the Minoc T2A cave for a year or so. I also had a bard named Phil that I kept blue but every chance I got I would provoke wisps onto people to kill them.

At some point before or when Trammel arrived I moved to Siege Perilous and started Bithmus the tamer. I helped Luxor with Safe Haven, which was located near the Minoc T2A cave. You can see links to news stories I wrote on Stratics, UO Stratics - News - Archives and Luxor's safehaven.grishnet.com here, https://web.archive.org/web/20010724035707/http://safehaven.gishnet.com:80/, and here, https://web.archive.org/web/20010405195759/http://www.siege.gishnet.com:80/crows/crows02.html. I never met Luxor but my dad was in San Francisco for work and met him at gamers.net, where he worked. Side note: I think he once told me that he chose the name Luxor because he was at the Luxor massacre, Luxor massacre - Wikipedia. Disclaimer: I could have miss-heard or be miss-remembering this.

Now I've returned for Endless Journey as Bithmus on Siege.

Regards,
Bithmus

Last edited:

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi everyone :heart: I'm Kattasrophe. I started playing on Siege six years ago (Woah, where has the time gone?) I've been gone for a while, checking in on and off just as I am now. I wanted to see how you all are doing. Sending lots of love your guys way! Heres a lil picture of me from a few days ago.

upload_2019-4-27_17-18-46.png

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of you might remember me. Thought I'd pop in to see what the current population looked like. I logged in for the first time in about 4 years and it appears it hasn't changed, or got worse. It's hard to tell when you can't find anyone, lol. Was nice to see my house was still intact and my bank wasn't raided...la

Hail Siege players!

I am a recently returning player after being gone for ~8 years or so. Where to start?

Shortly after the game came out I remember trying it but not sticking with it...I don’t know whether it was my poor dial up connection or lack of other friend playing but I just didn’t really get anywhere and stopped playing.

Fast forward to 2002: while on deployment I had a good friend who would tell me stories about his role playing guild in UO. Shortly after returning from our deployment, I started a new account and took my first footsteps in Cats as the aptly named “Guinnessmeister.” My friend and I spent countless hours online together exploring, hunting, and role playing within our guild, the Crusaders of Virtue (CoV). My good friend “Zapan” eventually left the realm and I took over his account to keep it active and became the new guild leader there (and still am to this day).

All told, I played on Cats for over 6 years but became less interested and more depressed as nearly all of the old guild members and many other friends in game had quit or became inactive. All of them but one, the very lovely and every friendly Sara Dale.

Sara finally talked me into starting a character on Siege and told me about this wonderful guild named Gilfane. I think it took one visit to Siege and I was excited about the game again!

Immediately after graduating NEW I became a postulant in GIL. I don’t remember my exact path but know there was some time spent with some Orc folk (?) and then after training up my character a bit I joined Calibretto in House Nemesis. Those were some pretty fun days being a defender of Gilfane! More change happened and I ended up joining House Silverwood after some time, where I remain to this day. My active time on Siege was between 2008-2011.

Like most of us, things for me began to change IRL (my family kept expanding, job changes, moving, etc.) that would affect my playing time and eventually I couldn’t justify keeping the multiple accounts I was juggling and, sadly, all was lost.

Every now and then I would get an itch to play but never checked back in, too afraid of the time required to start all over. Recently, when I heard about Endless Journey, I thought I’d at least log in and take a look around. To my surprise my GIL tag was still on and within the very first minutes of my re-entry into Sosaria (after 8 years) I saw a guild message from Sara Dale! I felt at home again. :)

My return has had its share of false starts. My old ICQ account with years of contacts had been deleted for inactivity; my Stratics account was gone; my gilfane forum profile was gone; all of my soul stones were lost; it took me quite some time to get Cart and UOA up and running again, and I still need to figure out Mumble and get the latest expansion. But despite all of these issues I am enjoying just being in game again, and although Siege does not seem as active as it was 8 years ago, I am rebuilding with the help of some very generous guild mates. And most of all, I enjoying my time doing it.

I will be forever grateful for those earlier years on Siege because (I did not know at the time) I got to play with some incredible folks including many Gilfane legends (now memorialized at the Gilfane Castle), and now look forward to spending time with other great players and for this to be my go-to game again whenever I have some free time to play.

(I am sure I will edit this later as memories come back and I remember names of particular players that I’d also like to mention!)

Safe Travels,
-Gui’ness

PS- I could use some template advice for a Bushido/Paladin with swords. PM me please!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hail Siege players!

I am a recently returning player after being gone for ~8 years or so. Where to start?

Shortly after the game came out I remember trying it but not sticking with it...I don’t know whether it was my poor dial up connection or lack of other friend playing but I just didn’t really get anywhere and stopped playing.

Fast forward to 2002: while on deployment I had a good friend who would tell me stories about his role playing guild in UO. Shortly after returning from our deployment, I started a new account and took my first footsteps in Cats as the aptly named “Guinnessmeister.” My friend and I spent countless hours online together exploring, hunting, and role playing within our guild, the Crusaders of Virtue (CoV). My good friend “Zapan” eventually left the realm and I took over his account to keep it active and became the new guild leader there (and still am to this day).

All told, I played on Cats for over 6 years but became less interested and more depressed as nearly all of the old guild members and many other friends in game had quit or became inactive. All of them but one, the very lovely and every friendly Sara Dale.

Sara finally talked me into starting a character on Siege and told me about this wonderful guild named Gilfane. I think it took one visit to Siege and I was excited about the game again!

Immediately after graduating NEW I became a postulant in GIL. I don’t remember my exact path but know there was some time spent with some Orc folk (?) and then after training up my character a bit I joined Calibretto in House Nemesis. Those were some pretty fun days being a defender of Gilfane! More change happened and I ended up joining House Silverwood after some time, where I remain to this day. My active time on Siege was between 2008-2011.

Like most of us, things for me began to change IRL (my family kept expanding, job changes, moving, etc.) that would affect my playing time and eventually I couldn’t justify keeping the multiple accounts I was juggling and, sadly, all was lost.

Every now and then I would get an itch to play but never checked back in, too afraid of the time required to start all over. Recently, when I heard about Endless Journey, I thought I’d at least log in and take a look around. To my surprise my GIL tag was still on and within the very first minutes of my re-entry into Sosaria (after 8 years) I saw a guild message from Sara Dale! I felt at home again. :)

My return has had its share of false starts. My old ICQ account with years of contacts had been deleted for inactivity; my Stratics account was gone; my gilfane forum profile was gone; all of my soul stones were lost; it took me quite some time to get Cart and UOA up and running again, and I still need to figure out Mumble and get the latest expansion. But despite all of these issues I am enjoying just being in game again, and although Siege does not seem as active as it was 8 years ago, I am rebuilding with the help of some very generous guild mates. And most of all, I enjoying my time doing it.

I will be forever grateful for those earlier years on Siege because (I did not know at the time) I got to play with some incredible folks including many Gilfane legends (now memorialized at the Gilfane Castle), and now look forward to spending time with other great players and for this to be my go-to game again whenever I have some free time to play.

(I am sure I will edit this later as memories come back and I remember names of particular players that I’d also like to mention!)

Safe Travels,
-Gui’ness

PS- I could use some template advice for a Bushido/Paladin with swords. PM me please!
Check With @Captn Norrington, he might be able help with your old account . and welcome back

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It depends how old the account was and how close to a large crash around 2008 it stopped being used. Most pre-2008 accounts aren't recoverable anymore, but ones after that sometimes can be, if the owner still knows their original email address information. Happy to try to help though, send me a PM with the information and I can add the person who is best at finding old accounts to it to help.

Long ago, we had a Picture thread, but most Pictures are long gone and so are the players.
So who are we now?
I would like you all to tell a little about your self. Some may want to tell less than others. If you don't want to post a pic, it's ok. Don't be shy, a little note to show you are here is better than nothing.

Here is about me:
I have been on Siege sinse the shard was born, before that, I played on Atlantic and DF.
My oldest son came home with the game Dec 1997. Internet was only on my computer, so he knew he had to make me play to get access to the Internet.

That was easy to make me play, I loved the game from my first steps in it. I special loved the danger and risk, there was in the game pre Trammel and tamed the PK's I meet on my way or at least most of them ended up as friends :p

VS many others view on the game, I liked the challenge, when I saw a red name and had to be a little smart to survive in the game.

Chars: Freja (VvV), Tina Tink (Crafter), Rosalia (Crafter), Red Rose (house owner and tamer), Daemon (House owner, most played of a friend), ArcherGirl, (House owner, most played of a friend)

Freja was meant to be a nice social and helpful char. I had no idea she would end up as a red RP char, first as a Brigand Lady demanding gold and gems from travelers and later as a Vampire Lady, when she made her way from mortal slave to Undead Lady in the guild UDL The Undead Lords. She lost her red color, when people stopped traveling and hunting in her forest around Safe Haven.

Woody play 2 of my accounts, I meet him in Safe Haven 15 years ago, hopeful, we will soon see him back on his own account.

Guild: The DarkOutlaws, [TDO*]
I started TDO, The Dark Outlaws on Atlantic, took it with me to DF and them to Siege. I took it down a while, when I was UDL, SHC, JD but started it back up again.

Newbie care have always been a part of my guilds and my playstyle. First I took them in TDO, then I made a sister guild TDM, The Dark Merchants, who took in Crafters to help newbies we found around and added to TDM. Luxor of LOV started the first NEW guild at same time. He took it down in 2000, where we temperery had Power Hour instead of RoT'

I restarted NEW in 2002, Kelmo was one of my first Newbies. I had to take a break, when RL needed me and Shalimar took over NEW and did great for many years.
I restarted it once again as NEW2 some years ago, but had to take it down again as I only had few members after Adv. and Mystic Token started to work on Siege and players could place a second house on Siege.

Now we take in newbies in TDO if they fit the guild, the ones who don't fit, we will try to help in other ways.

Playstyle: PvP and crafting, not much PvM. I always loved what evil RP add to the game and I love helping with crafting and run vendors to serve the community.

Real life: Born 1955, from Denmark. I'm working with IT and Network. I have 2 grown up boys and 2 grand childs, a boy and a girl, almost 6 and 5 years.
I got a small house 7 years ago and love it, but I really should use more time on the house and less at playing. In 5 years, I will retire and hopeful get more time to both UO and my house and maybe a boyfriend too.

View attachment 45949

Thanks to all who add their story to this thread, I love to see who you are :heart:
Was a lowly Treasure Hunter here after Trevarlan coached me in the unique skill....I would like to believe that I kept THB on Siege alive for the years to come.