• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who are we on Siege, old, new and returning players

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Long ago, we had a Picture thread, but most Pictures are long gone and so are the players.
So who are we now?
I would like you all to tell a little about your self. Some may want to tell less than others. If you don't want to post a pic, it's ok. Don't be shy, a little note to show you are here is better than nothing.

Here is about me:
I have been on Siege sinse the shard was born, before that, I played on Atlantic and DF.
My oldest son came home with the game Dec 1997. Internet was only on my computer, so he knew he had to make me play to get access to the Internet.

That was easy to make me play, I loved the game from my first steps in it. I special loved the danger and risk, there was in the game pre Trammel and tamed the PK's I meet on my way or at least most of them ended up as friends :p

VS many others view on the game, I liked the challenge, when I saw a red name and had to be a little smart to survive in the game.

Chars: Freja (VvV), Tina Tink (Crafter), Rosalia (Crafter), Red Rose (house owner and tamer), Daemon (House owner, most played of a friend), ArcherGirl, (House owner, most played of a friend)

Freja was meant to be a nice social and helpful char. I had no idea she would end up as a red RP char, first as a Brigand Lady demanding gold and gems from travelers and later as a Vampire Lady, when she made her way from mortal slave to Undead Lady in the guild UDL The Undead Lords. She lost her red color, when people stopped traveling and hunting in her forest around Safe Haven.

Woody play 2 of my accounts, I meet him in Safe Haven 15 years ago, hopeful, we will soon see him back on his own account.

Guild: The DarkOutlaws, [TDO*]
I started TDO, The Dark Outlaws on Atlantic, took it with me to DF and them to Siege. I took it down a while, when I was UDL, SHC, JD but started it back up again.

Newbie care have always been a part of my guilds and my playstyle. First I took them in TDO, then I made a sister guild TDM, The Dark Merchants, who took in Crafters to help newbies we found around and added to TDM. Luxor of LOV started the first NEW guild at same time. He took it down in 2000, where we temperery had Power Hour instead of RoT'

I restarted NEW in 2002, Kelmo was one of my first Newbies. I had to take a break, when RL needed me and Shalimar took over NEW and did great for many years.
I restarted it once again as NEW2 some years ago, but had to take it down again as I only had few members after Adv. and Mystic Token started to work on Siege and players could place a second house on Siege.

Now we take in newbies in TDO if they fit the guild, the ones who don't fit, we will try to help in other ways.

Playstyle: PvP and crafting, not much PvM. I always loved what evil RP add to the game and I love helping with crafting and run vendors to serve the community.

Real life: Born 1955, from Denmark. I'm working with IT and Network. I have 2 grown up boys and 2 grand childs, a boy and a girl, almost 6 and 5 years.
I got a small house 7 years ago and love it, but I really should use more time on the house and less at playing. In 5 years, I will retire and hopeful get more time to both UO and my house and maybe a boyfriend too.

upload_2016-4-4_14-22-4.png

Thanks to all who add their story to this thread, I love to see who you are :heart:

Last edited:

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure why not!

I am new to Siege, been playing on and off for a year, Played on Europa from 2000 to 2008, then returned 2012 and joined Atlantic. Am here because its same old same old on Prodo shards. This feels better, more of a challenge, more fun.

Chars: Arradin x3 ( Crafter, Crafter, T-Hunter )

Guild: The Syndicate (We are not on Siege tho)

Playstyle: Crafting Mainly, a little PvM.

Real life: 32 years old Swede.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Before the wipe I played the beta and started on Great Lakes.
When Siege started I made my toons and played on a dial up modem connection at 2400 baud!

My story ......

The early years after the first big wipe!

Many years ago when the Gods first made Siege I started as a young squire and learned the ways of combat and magic. A loner, Sir AJ as I latter was called, started by being abandoned on the Isle of the Avatar near Hythloth by two Murderers who after killing me - thought it would be great fun to abandon a new squire on an island with no way on or off. For a long time I trained my skills on that island by picking up reagents off the ground till I had enough to cast one of three magic spells I had. No armor no weapons but a dagger and only a candle to find my way in and out of the dungeon looking for the hidden exit I thought would take me back to the Castle of Lord British.
I never found it....

My nickname in real life is AJ and my friends and students all call me DrAJ. Years ago before UOL my characters were always AJ and since I was always a good guy my two sons joked that it should really be Sir AJ (or SirAJ) in any RPG game I played. When Siege first started it only seemed right that I named my toon Sir AJ since I was a lonely good guy in an ocean of bad guys.
I rarely pvp and I am somewhat of a loner.
I mainly play Siege but have castles and keeps on various other shards.

My characters on Siege that i admit too are

Sir AJ Lives in NW New Magencia
Sir AJ Lives in a castle NW of the Compassion shrine
Flint Lives in a keep N of Britain Farms

My Guild Alpha and Omega only contains members that are my own toons.

In real life I am retired, happily married for 44 years, two grown sons, 5 grandchildren and 2 dogs.
And yes my avatar is really a relatively current picture of me.

Who Dat

Adventurer
Hello,
My real name is Seth, I'm 29 years old, i'm from New Orleans, Lousiana but now live in Anchorage, Alaska, and I started playing UO when T2A came out. I played on Sonoma and Pacific untill they made TRAM. When they made TRAM i made an account on Seige. I played for 6 years off and on all the way up until Mondains Legacy. I'm an old school PVPer which is not helping me now days. Back when i played UO it was all about the Hally Tank Mage or lumber-jacking swordsmanship Dexter... How times have changed.. I have an 11 year old son whom which I have full sole custody. I just returned about a month and a half ago with a warm welcome from most at Seige. Can't wait to make new memories with the future years to come. Here is a picture of my son an I. Yes I am a Soulless Ginger. LOL 12359890_10206855042267078_4101846409354203119_n.jpg

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* It was not that long ago...

I am just on the edge of 15 years. I joined just as Trammel was introduced. I started on Hokuto... I don't know why. I just did. One thing led to another and I made my way to Siege. It took a couple of years, but most of my game time has been on Siege.

We all have stories right?

The characters that I play are Pinkerton, some Dionysis and an occasional Kelmo. I had six accounts once. I am down to three. I was very recently considering going to one. I have changed my mind and want to see some fun things play out.

Kelmo is not in a guild. Pink and Dio are the only members of MAD!

Mad! is allied with Safehaven, chaos and vice.

As far as playstyle goes... I can be flexible. I have pretty much done it all. *winks*

I was born in 1961, Texas. I have my dream job as a restaurant manager. I have 4 generations on my family within driving distance.

001.JPG

Reuggan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm usually kind of quiet and reserved, but I'll give it a go.

I started playing on Europa in 2001 with some friends. I came to Siege around July of 2006. I was one of those halfway out the door, give Siege a try on the way out type of player. And I ended up staying here. And I brought them with me... :)

I was in CWS for a while, until Gilfane was formed. So I have been in GIL for quite a while, since May 2007.

I just have one account.

I like to craft and gather resources, do T-maps and MIB's, PvM. Basically everything except PvP. I try to make it to the Sunday VvV when I can. I cannot PvP at all but it's fun on Sunday to get in on a little action.

I am 44 and live in Northeast Ohio. Here is a pic from a couple years ago.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not paying a subscription at the moment and the minute it goes f2p I'll reactivate my accounts. But I'm Chris.. aka SpyderBite, Mandolin and Spyder. I started on Pacific and moved to Siege a few months after it was born. I was the reporter with Sloan for the Stratic News as well as a Stratics moderator.

Guilds were I^A and VmP. Both were fun as at that time player run towns flourished.

Quit when the itemization became too much and have returned a couple times to see if anything had changed.

I currently play UO "elsewhere". But I think I could stomach the changes if they'd stop charging a subscription. It's not that I can't afford it. I spend hundreds of dollars each month in f2p games like GW2, MH2016 and Blade & Soul.

Anyways.. Here's my middle aged ass.. Not literally of course.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been playing Siege as on-and-off as I've been playing UO over the years, I made my first character in early 2000, just in time to get a Whispering Rose with my original character's name, then-poorly-spaced "Star Knight Goku." Freja probably still has it, she did last time I asked a few years ago. I gave it to her on a whim as she was one of the first people I met and actually talked to (versus met and got attacked by) on the server. We were both quite a bit younger then ;) I was either about to, or had just, turned 14.

I'm about to turn 30 in another week and a few days, and some would say I haven't gotten one bit older! Or was that more mature? I can't remember. Does it matter? Along the way I dragged my girlfriend into playing with me, she's here on Stratics as @Faerunner, although she's been upgraded a few times since, to fiancee, and then to wife.

So let's see, history of me in-game... Not a whole lot to say, honestly. I hung out with Freja back in the day, and would occasionally hang out north of Britain with the Glowembers and whoever else was around. Other than Freja I don't see a lot of old-old names anymore. I've mostly spent my time building, tearing down, and rebuilding various houses, never quite happy with any of them. I sort of like at least two of the three I have now, so it's not a complete wash. I've never really been that active socially on Siege, since it was always kind of my second server, even though I've spent as much time as on Chesapeake... where I also didn't participate socially much the last decade or so... Maybe I'm just not social.

I deleted my original SKG character at some point to make something completely different. The first one was almost 7xGM in crafting skills, and his replacement never went above 80 in anything, real good use of my time there... I now have another 7xGM crafter named, surprise! StarKnightGoku. The username I used for everything in my teens. I have two other characters which get logged in on occasion, probably. They're Tyr and Bastian Windsong, though without looking I couldn't honestly tell you what either of them are. I think Tyr is a swordsman in training? Bastian... who even knows. On Chesapeake I have two Bastian Windsongs, one is a mage, one is a crafter, so probably a mage.

Outside of the game I'm a boring fat guy who rides motorcycles too fast and occasionally goes to the ER when I slow down and someone hits me. Never had a trouble at 120, but get under 30 and all the cars and SUVs try to take a chunk out of me... I work in corporate security with an occasional weekend or two every other month bouncing at a local club. I don't like the bouncing contract since I'm already losing my hearing from everything else I do for fun (Bikes and guns and power tools and...) but money is money. No kids, but we have two dogs, three cats, and four chickens. Which is quite enough work. Especially for living in the city.

I'm sure everyone who's been around Stratics or any of my other online haunts has seen too many goddamned pictures of me over the years, but here's what I have handy right now:

I have hundreds more that'd scar your brain but I'll leave it at that!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Come on, don't be so shy, we are alot more players on Siege. You do not need to post pics or tell a lot, a little note about who you are ingame will do.

Arthas

Visitor
I started in 2001 before Lord Blackthorn's Revenge. After a friend got me into it, and after making my first toon I was hooked. I had never heard of mmorpg. As an old school D&D fan this was the coolest game ever. The thought of getting together instantly with hundreds of other people in a fantasy world that I could do what I wanted, craft armor and weapons, own a house I could decorate and store my treasures in.
I started my own account a few days later. I spent 4 years on the Chesapeake shard. I met many great people and made some good friends- some real geat people I will never forget.
I became very busy in rl and could not play much and was later lured away to other adventures in far away lands. I closed my accounts and let my homes fall and most of my possessions go.
I never thought I would return.
In 2014 I reactivated my main account. I returned to find that most of my friends had moved on. I have been on and off since. Soloing mostly, but without the friendships it's not the same.
Everything becomes old hat and soloing the Stygian Dragon and other peerless, sitting in a keep with millions of gold, all skills and templates maxed out; no goals to work towards. And most others are the same, all millionaires that can solo end game content and not have to associate with other players.
Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great people still and some things going on. But for me the thrill and fun hasn't been there.
Two weeks ago I rerolled on Siege Perilous, looking for that feeling I had that hooked me all those years ago; fighting for gold, training skills, gathering for need, always keeping an eye out for pickpockets and murderers.
I want to earn everything and build it all up again. It seems crazy to give up the riches, the power. I hope to recapture the experience and started with nothing but newbie gear and no advance tokens, play the game as it was intended, make new friends and memories. So far it has been challenging although fun. Anything can be gathered and created.
It is apparent that UO will never be the same, as there are too few people spread out across too many shards. The community is growing old. This is my retirement game, as I no longer play any others- pc or consol. Most of the time I run in CC. I am not sure why it still apeals to me, but I prefer it.
My main char, I was a lawful good paladin.
I am not sure the direction I will go, or how I will chose to rp here. My playstyle is pvm, crafting & gathering (hoarding). I haven't pvp since returning, it has been years. I did enjoy it though. I don't think I'd be too good at it now, although there was a time I was a force.
My chars(so far)-
Arthas, pure paladin, a darker side may come out here.
Generally I am quiet. I'm resilient, self sufficient and excel solo or in a group.
I have already met some great people. The community is different than what I expected. I hope to become a part of it.

Don't let my boyish good looks fool you, I will be 40 in August.

Last edited:

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My infatuation with Ultima Online began in September 1997. My brother convinced me to try it out and I’ve been playing this game ever since.

Back in 1997 my best ping rates to any of the shards was to Catskills, even though I was in Texas (go Figure?!?!). Thus my UO existence started on Catskills a few days after my brother got me hooked on the game. First chr ever was Starcon on Catskills. He is still alive and strong on Cats. There really isn’t a backstory with the name Starcon. It’s the only chr name that I came up with myself. All of my other chr names are borrowed from a series of books that I like (more on that in a minute).

Starcon was a name I had created for the only Dungeons and Dragons chr I ever created (yes, big brother tried to pull me into the original 2D version of UO otherwise known as D&D, whole different RNG problem with that game!!). In D&D Starcon was some kind of an elf thief. In UO he’s been a little of everything. Currently he’s stealth mage on Cats.

Over the years most of my friends playing on Cats have gone on to other games, so I’ve ended up with some of their accounts. Even my brother went on to other games and I still have his accounts. So yes, I have more than one account and I can’t bring myself to get rid of any of them. It’s all part of the addiction.

My second chr on Cats was Bearclaw. The name (and most of my chr names) come from a series of books called “Elf Quest”. Bearclaw was the Tenth chief of the Wolfriders, a clan of elves that had bonded with wolves in the forest. In UO, Bearclaw became my enforcer up until they changed the poisoning skill. Back then you didn’t really want to mess with Bearclaw when he was running around with a deadly poisoned katana of vanquishing. Of course they had to go and change poisoning and I don’t think I’ve used the skill much since. I can’t remember when poisoning was changed but I think it was the same time they added the different damage and damage resistance types. I’ve slept a few times since then and I really haven’t kept up with it because it really doesn’t matter. But those were some fun days. We had a group of us that played in what we called the “Upper Valley” which was basically the land area along the mountains north of the entrance to Shame and east of Yew. Yew was my home city on Cats. The first house I had that wasn’t a tent was in that valley. I could go on and on about those days, but then I would bore you more than I already have.

Other chrs on Catskills (that were borrowed from Elf Quest) are Tree Stump, Two Edge, Redlance, Joyleaf, Madcoil, Skywise, etc… If I play on Cats, it’s usually either Bearclaw or Skywise. Today, Bearclaw is a fairly good sampire and Skywise is a really good mage.

Unfortunately, everyone that I knew playing on Cats has moved on to something else. I’ve continued to play ever since I started this game and I plan to continue on until they turn the lights out. There have been some periods of time when I didn’t play as much as others, but even during the slow periods I’ve always played at least a little every month. Over the last 18+ years, I’ve done a lot of things in this game, but I still haven’t done everything. I’ve never killed Deadhorn, or the Harrower, or a few other bosses. I have solo’d a paragon ancient wyrm. Might not sound like much today, but there was a time when that was a big deal. Back in the beginning you didn’t even think about taking on a regular ancient wyrm by yourself. Of course back then the best weapon in the game (vanquishing) was equivalent to any current weapon that had +35 damage and nothing else. I still have what was a vanquishing broad sword and a sliver katana of vanquishing on display in my Catskills house.. Of course now you can’t really tells that’s what they were because they are just +35 damage weapons now (and undead slayer for the katana).

In late 2015 and early 2016 I was contemplating a small move, maybe a vacation home, to Atlantic since the population there was larger than Catskills. Then Freja started advertising for Siege in UHALL and she got me thinking what I really missed about UO was the old feel of UO before Trammel came along and changed everything. So in February 2016 Starcon was reborn on Siege.

I’ve got to say, so far Siege has been absolutely great!!! I’ve been doing a lot of PVM building Starcon into a jack-of-all-trades, but I don’t mind pvp also. Just like the old days both can be fun and they both might happen at the same time.

I’ve meet more people and made more friends on Siege in the last 3 months than I have on Catskills in the last 3 years. Catskills isn’t going away for me and it will still be my birthplace for UO, but Siege is quickly catching up to it.

There’s not much to say about me personally. I was young when I started playing this game and now I’m old. Still live in Texas, but don’t own a horse (except for that one that’s in the Skara stable).

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Catskills was my first server too, I remember both the day I GMed lockpicking and blacksmithing there. I left in 2002 because of major surgery, but before I did I had a trivia contest in Vesper and gave away every item I owned. Cats was a great place then!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am Draxous. A memory from days long past.

I joined UO in 1997. I played Atlantic. I created a character on Siege when it came out, and again after the 'wipe'. At first, I played on Siege mainly to duel and PvP part time because it was unique here. Shortly after AoS hit, some twink who bought +20 scrolls killed me with explosion ebolt in a 'duel', and I had had enough playing the lotto. PvP went item based without risk, and lost all its appeal.. Siege was my respite.

I brought friends with me. One of them stayed. Because of RL I played in spurts. Mostly there, but with a couple periods of falling off the face of this earth. In every stretch of sosarian time I have competed at the highest levels and been involved with those who shaped the social/political/physical landscape. I've enjoyed every aspect, flavor, playstyle, thing-to-do this game has had to offer. I've literally, done it all. Few people who claim the same, actually have. Fast forward a little bit.

Many years ago, before this shard became dead to me. The community fractured along party lines. Developers had offered to make changes to our shard and we failed to unify around a common cause. Move away from the item grind and pursue player interactions or remain a broken version of production shards. After the infighting, the status quo was preserved, and I left. I went back to Atlantic. My friends eventually followed. I updated all of my characters and gave the production playstyle an honest go. I succeeded. Yet. For the very reasons I came to Siege, I wound up leaving for another game called Darkfall. It was great, until they 're-launched it' and I did not follow along. I came back to UO. Atlantic. And played for a while longer. Real life again caught up with me, and I could not hang out with my friends like I used to. Eventually, they too moved on to another game.

I still have everything. I spend more on lunch than I do this game. I have considered shuttering the accounts or selling them off lately. This is first time I've ever considered this in the past 19 years. I have things that cannot be replaced. Cannot be 're-gotten', even if I neatly packed up my characters for a hibernation, I'd never have the multi-houses on one account again.

So I am here, but not. Ethereal. And even in this after-life, you ****ing love my style.

Lord Draxous a.k.a. Lord BlacK RaiN

Sam

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My in game name is Sam. I have been playing UO a little over 11 years but have only been on Siege since I graduated from NEW on May 22, 2011. I belong to no guild and hope I am friends with most on the shard. I have a vendor shop at the New Magencia Hub and I live next to the NEW2 house in New Magencia (Sams Dark Tower). I am mainly a tamer and I buy and sell things mainly to make gold. I am currenly (as of this post) Governor of Jhelom and I am running again for the next 6 month term of office. I can supply most commodities in large amounts since I have been buying bulk wood, ingots etc for the last 5 years. If ya need something drop me a pm.

I took a selfie on my iPhone to post but I broke my phone......................................

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am Victim, I started out my UO life on Atlantic. i played there for a few weeks and noticed this new shard on the list called Siege. I decided to give it a try and quickly became hooked on it (as well as the game) I was not very outgoing and stayed to myself. I learned the ins and outs of the game with my real life best friend. we hopped shards a lot, going to Catskills, then Legends, Sonoma, then finally settling on Origin when it opened (all the while playing Siege). about 3 months after the move to Origin, my friend experienced a personal tragedy( i won't go into it) and left the game.

That's where I became more outgoing. I joined a large guild/alliance on Origin and made many friends and became a part of the community. I also became the shard reporter for a while and got the reputation of being "The Cookie Monster" (some of you may remember my house that had the talking cookie monster in TerMur). As many things do, That all came to an end and I no longer felt like I belonged on Origin, and started stepping into the background again.

Petra, asked me If I could help out with reporting on Siege due to the current reporters having pressing matters in the real world and I accepted the challenge. I spent about a year as Siege reporter and had a few real life things get in the way and had to quit reporting, and playing for a period of time. I returned to the game and decided to quit being that lurker and did my best to become a member of the great community we have on Siege. I really enjoy this Shard and everyone on it, and consider you all friends

This is my profile picture from work, and yes I know there's something in my ear.

upload_2016-6-1_19-32-17.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Larry Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My name is Larry Lee or in game ll for short. I have been playing UO for about 17 years and played GL, Chessy and Lake Superior. I am a role player and I enjoy being loyal to my friends. About 6 years ago I came to Siege to try and learn how to be a master thief. I graduated from NEW and joined the outsiders, O-S. They nicknamed me "the pause" and I learned a lot from those guys. It is sad that people like Nightstalker etc no longer play. When they finally became inactive I was invited to join Barter Town Inc and spent the last 3 years or so making sure that "lost items" from players could be repurchased at a reasonable price. I think I became really good at borrowing others items.
But as we all know there are no thieves on Siege so I recently resigned from the good people of Barter Town to pursue a different style of gameplay. I have dropped my membership in the thieves guild and stoned off my snooping and stealing skills in favor of taming and myst.

I live in a keep south of yew and have started to pvm a lot and I am considering maybe doing some pvp - although I am not very good at it.
Even while playing a thief I was really a pretty good guy and I didn't grief or talk trash in general chat or brag about my successes. I am now looking to join another guild that mainly does pvm.
Although I like most of the GIL people, I could never join them since they are just not my style (and I assume that they would say I am not their type) . Anyway if any guild has openings - drop me a PM.

Say Alive!
ll
6/12/16

Ol'Memmers

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
My name was Memnoch, or Whispers.

I started playing UO circa 1999? 2000? Moved to siege sometime later, wasn't a Siege OG, but came sooner rather than later.

I trolled, I lulled, I had a fun time. Some of my best video game memories are from when I was a kid playing Siege, (REV) was a lot of fun. Arden, Revvo, Teddy, Forsaken, Gerbiler (OMG how many laughs I had with him) and so many others whose names I've forgotten over the years. I still remember the loads of fun I had right as we got ready to raid a champ spawn (ghost cams on all of em! thank god for free trial account buddy codes!). MMO wise I've TRIED WoW (terrible) and most recently Archeage (good fun until it transitioned into zerg fighting, but was able to profit on my quitting that).

Currently no MMO has attracted my interest, I was asked to play BD but that game looked terrible. Wish there was a day to go back to some of the better times of UO (doesn't even have to be OG, I'd settle for post artifacts, but pre-samurai stuff)

In real life, I'm now 27 (CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT KELMO, I USED TO TROLL YOU WHEN I WAS ~15-17... I bet you feel old as hell now hah).. I live in Manhattan and am a lawyer! I might actually owe some thanks to Kelmo who always made me have to craft ingenius arguments to get myself out of trouble by creating exhaustive interpretations of the RoC to explain how my posts were legit!

Hope all is well, so many names I didn't drop... I still remember hosting my duel night event right next to Yew bank, so much fun, and so impressive to see so many people get together for that event and generally respected it.. (There was that one night Shakaja lost his item blessed on the ornment of the magi, is that the right name?)

Best wishes all!

Recent-ish photo for update (and to make Kelmo/Sloan anyone else feel old who may remember me :D)

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Im Sprago i starting back in 99 with my 2 brothers and my aunt we first started in Lake Superior we all played there until insurance came out i couldnt stand insurance so i came here full time my brothers quit and my aunt slowly migrated over here as well.
My guilds name is ipku which explains a little about what we are but dispite the name we actually love to PVM the phylosiphy behind our guild tag is we are not gonna go out looking for fights anymore we will just play the game doing what we enjoy and when we run across others we then test our abilities and guild tag ipku. We dont require anyone to be red to be in ipku but you are required to attack anyone that your teammates are attacking or defending against, plain and simple if your guildy is fighting so are you its that simple if you can abide by that simple rule this could be something you could be interested in

Im 36 and live in mid-west Wisconsin and im a UO addict . see you all in game play to have fun and have fun playing your own style regardless of what others think its your style own it

Reva

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chuckles* It was not that long ago...

I am just on the edge of 15 years. I joined just as Trammel was introduced. I started on Hokuto... I don't know why. I just did. One thing led to another and I made my way to Siege. It took a couple of years, but most of my game time has been on Siege.

We all have stories right?

The characters that I play are Pinkerton, some Dionysis and an occasional Kelmo. I had six accounts once. I am down to three. I was very recently considering going to one. I have changed my mind and want to see some fun things play out.

Kelmo is not in a guild. Pink and Dio are the only members of MAD!

Mad! is allied with Safehaven, chaos and vice.

As far as playstyle goes... I can be flexible. I have pretty much done it all. *winks*

I was born in 1961, Texas. I have my dream job as a restaurant manager. I have 4 generations on my family within driving distance.

View attachment 45984
Oh dear Kelmo!, I am so happy you are still around! I will post my history soon. But some things I would like to discuss with you alone :)
Major things, I've played a lot of games, after running away from the pain of loosing a great friend. This may ha

Reva

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ve been wrong! Even now I cannot get over it :) I was greatly touched by the house you put up in the Memory of Aeric Horn and want you to know that thanks to the - think it is R96 rules - I could take it over should you want to, of course you would get full acces and control of it. I'm just tryiing to have the memory of this great friend of us to be guarteeded without extra cost for you!

Reva

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For all that care I will put down here my history in UO :) You all deserve it, since it is one among few MMO that deserve it :) I need to get some dates right first though.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ve been wrong! Even now I cannot get over it :) I was greatly touched by the house you put up in the Memory of Aeric Horn and want you to know that thanks to the - think it is R96 rules - I could take it over should you want to, of course you would get full acces and control of it. I'm just tryiing to have the memory of this great friend of us to be guarteeded without extra cost for you!

After all the hard work we put into the Aeric Horn Memorial, Kelmo let it go. The memorial is gone.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wasn't here during the Aeric Horn time, so I have no clue about him/her or this memorial. I do know that Kelmo has done enough for Siege on his own, and if this were a house that needed to be held, there are plenty of people with multiple castles they don't need, and plenty of house holding accounts that pop up out of nowhere when the next latest and greatest idoc is about to fall. No reason one of these people couldn't have held on to this place.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't here during the Aeric Horn time, so I have no clue about him/her or this memorial. I do know that Kelmo has done enough for Siege on his own, and if this were a house that needed to be held, there are plenty of people with multiple castles they don't need, and plenty of house holding accounts that pop up out of nowhere when the next latest and greatest idoc is about to fall. No reason one of these people couldn't have held on to this place.
He clearly didn't care enough to find someone to hold it. I certainly could have had he said something, but he made no attempt to reach me. He knows I would have put it on one of my accounts.

On SP I was Rome De'Avarte of Washod Sarkwel led by Ria De'Avarte. Hope one day I can find them all again. KGB still has an article up about me from when the server first opened and I protected their noobs. We had a house a few screens over. That was before we moved to Deciet Island to harass UDL regularly and steal from their dungeon. If not for the tracking bug, I'd have stayed longer. WS was the best group fo players I ever met online. Spent nearly a decade trying to find another gorup like that. Never did.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm Need to name the pics Pic #1 Tyreth, Pic #2 Old Uncle Perv, Pic #3 Tyrath the Tamer/Vet. Pic #4 Tyrath the Scribe/scholar, Pic #5 The Real Tyrath.

Reva

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After all the hard work we put into the Aeric Horn Memorial, Kelmo let it go. The memorial is gone.
Very sad to hear that Kat. I have 3 game accounts I'll be keeping, and two of them have no house on Siege, which is why I offered to take it over :(

Thanks for messaging!

Reactions: Kat

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very sad to hear that Kat. I have 3 game accounts I'll be keeping, and two of them have no house on Siege, which is why I offered to take it over :(

Thanks for messaging!

I was sorry to see it was gone, myself. Next year will be 10 years since his passing... July 23, 2007.

It's good to see you back! Are there any active MYTH members left besides you?

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thought I would give everyone a face to the evil Siege outsider that is me. Been playing UO on and off since 99. Started on Siege around 2012 almost gave up on the game before I started here. This place just gives me that old feeling I used to get when I played this game as a kid. There is just something about this game that I just cant let go. I will probably play this game until they turn the lights out. Although Siege players have a lot of different views on many things about the shard I think we all can agree that we love this game. phone pics 028.jpg
Me with my daughter. facebook_1468504343149.jpg
Me with my son.

Attachments

Last edited:

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aww this makes me so sad I just noticed the old picture thread is gone....

I kind of forgot who I am, you all remember someone I was, but I go by SoulWeaver loved by some, liked by many, hated by most, I started on Chesapeake with my Dad at the time, @ that time I was "Son of SoulWeaver" my father and I assisted in the creation of the original Pax Lair role playing community with Mayor Winfield.... I was an evil satan spawn child that just loved to pvp and kill players on a 56k dialup connection and cause havoc and drama because I was an unhappy child that had no mother to tell me other wise probably.... Growing up in the game I became a broker and a trader of all pixel crack in UO. Now I am just playing the real life game with my wife and puppies and trying to play games for fun when I am able.

Last edited:

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've played off and on since January 99. I started on pacific and on dial up. I was sucked in immediately. My father asked me what is this game I keep talking about and spending all my time on so I showed it to him. he promptly started an account and I think he loved this game more than I. I will be 44 in a couple months and he would have been 67 this year. We had always gamed together dating back to legend of zelda in 1987; he bought his own nes and Zelda cart do I would not advance further than him when I packed my nes up to go back to my mothers. This game, to us, was legend of Zelda on crack. We managed to place a house on pacific in the desert; my first idoc and first pvp experience where we came out on top. No we didn't win the fight but Dad bought me enough time to drop the house deed (which was lootable in those days). We wanted larger housing though because well we did so when siege opened we migrated here and have been here ever since. Shortly after arriving, I met this guy named Grot and joined his guild CGG. Grot eventually took a break and I became the GM of CGG. I joined up with a guild called AOS to form CWS. I also had a character in the orcs and Safe Haven Regulators at the time. Factions, intra guild politics, and a desire to pursue a pure pvp/pk playstyle resulted in me leaving CWS and joining UND; I was the first person they allowed to join without having to make a fresh char. I later left UND to join UDL and seriously learned to pvp with them. Unfortunatly, most of UDL left for a game called Shadowbane and the few who were left were not the ones I got along well with. I joined KGB, then J-D before rejoining with the remnants of UDL on siege to form SUF. SUF was probably one of the best times I've had in uo. It was the guild I was in when AOS hit and , at the time, probably the best pvp guild on the server. I quit in 2004 but my father maintained our houses and still played. I returned in 2008 and joined my father in the white council alliance until I got a good handle on the current make up of the shard. I eventually joined TNT and am still fond of their members as well as allied with those that remain today. I did leave TNT and joined KOC/BFF/SP!..etc; same folks different names. kage had invited me to join when I first resurfaced and eventually I wanted to give it a shot. I am glad I did. I met folks like Astynax and the Bo!; im also allied to them today so its kinda nice. i quit again in 2010 and once again my father kept playing. We never played this game again together fater that. he passed in 2012 and I let everything drop as I honestly didn't see myself wanting to play after he was gone. I came back again in 2013, joined Arrr, and played for about a year before once again letting my castle drop (at least this time i banked the soustones). I came back to UO on Catskills in august and at the behest and texting of Parium, I started up on siege again about 3 weeks ago. Long story short, ive played with a lot of people on this server and tried almost every playstyle. i used to be hardcore pvp but honestly the reflexes are not what they ocne were and there is also so much content in this game i never bothered with because it had nothing to do with killing folks. I'm kinda focusing on that end of things this go around. This shard is great for either playstyle and ims not adverse to pvp at all...I just don't go looking for it like a coke fiend...

Diamonas

Journeyman
Evening all,

Newly returned player myself,
Had played UO from early 1998 until about 12 years ago, came back as other games weren't as fun or as in-depth as UO.
Started out on PAC all those years ago, when I came back I transferred to Atlantic, enjoyed myself there. Met my current guild leader and he suggested I try Siege, since then I've had spare play time due to RL commitments.
I've wanted to come back as a crafter and run a shop, maybe pvm more then anything.

The people I have met on the shard so far seem to be a very nice crowd, the community is very well rounded and tight nit in certain things, which a large amount of games these days lack.

I look forward to being a part of the community soon.

vlorg

Visitor
Hail everyone,

I just returned to SP about a month ago after being gone for around 10 years. I have just been playing solo, and working to rebuild from scratch. I am at a point now where I would like to meet a few people and see where things go.

A little about myself and my character:

Elder Tamer/Bard (Prov and Peace)
PvM only (my PvP days are behind me)
I currently have access to Mondain's Legacy content.
I recently tamed myself and bonded a bronze cu sidhe, named Carmel Cakes. My daughter helped pick the name. :) He's been the turning point for me, and has allowed me to access content I've never seen before.
I have a stable full of decent pets, and am working on getting myself a greater dragon. I thought I had it last night, but ran outta honor.
I've just been working on skills and gaining points in Sacrifice and Honor virtues during my hunting and gold farming sessions. My Valor virtue is maxed out as well.

I haven't really met anyone except a few people I accidentally stumbled upon while they were taming. They killed me, but were nice and rezzed me after I explained didn't mean to intrude.
I've seen a few people randomly around the world, but am having difficulty engaging anyone in conversation, so I thought I'd give the forums a try.

IRL, I'm just a single dad who's been a life long gamer. I was missing UO, and decided to come back because nothing else I've found scratches the itch. I'm not really looking for a guild or anything, mainly just wanted to say hi, and if you see me at West Britain Bank sometime, it would be great to meet some people.

I'll be the dude in a green robe riding the brown dog. :)

Thanks.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh - I thought I'd posted here. The mind really is the first thing to go.
I started on Europa, a little while before AOS came out.
I never really connected with the other players there, and the description of the changes to the game post-AOS annoyed me.
So, when I first heard of Siege, it wasn't hard to make the leap. That would have been in the month that AOS came out.
I got PK'd in the first 5 minutes by an amazing vampire named WyRm, who didn't take long to realise how new I was, and threatened to kill me 6 times an hour if I didn't go and find Shalimar [NEW].
After NEW, I joined [KIN], led by Ginsu. Again, WyRm kept showing up and attacking us. I remember how happy Skylark was when she was able to lock down some gear looted from him on the doorstep! After that, I hung around on the outskirts of Iantown for a while, and eventually ended up in the mountains of Malas, with some orcs for neighbours. It wasn't long after that I applied to KSS, which I think confused their leaders completely. Why would a blind crafter want to join a band of virtue knights? I'm not really sure, but those were all amazingly good times!
What else... Stratics reporter for a while, then news manager - had to quit when my health fell to pieces.
After KSS folded, and it was obvious that I had no prayer of being the leader that Py Lethius was, I hooked up with Gilfane, and still hang around there when my work gives me a spare moment or two to actually play! Over time, I've managed to get nearly every member of my RL family to play, at least for a while. They'll be back. UO gets into your blood!
So, that's me.

Chimera

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
eh..... it has been a long time...

I normally stop and check in once a year or so to see if any old faces are around...

Sure enough there are a few...

Some of you may remember me as Chimera... a good old provo/discord stealth tamer others as Inari or (Inari Wakayama) and others as Jesse my Necro / Bushido archer...

Mem and Forsaken I see you are both still kicking around and posted awhile back......

I Played UO back in the early days, I think I had started back in 1997/1998 on Chesapeake. I made the move over to Siege around 2001 after meeting Shy and Rowena ... the first guild I believe was LiE - Loyality is Everything

From there I went to Waka as I'm sure Bo Bo will recall, where I stayed for a bit, until they kinda broke up....

Ibichi formed B^G Band of Gypsies and I pretty much stayed there until leaving UO circa 2005/6.

I all so played a lot with VMP around that same time with WyRm, Krystal, Mr. Happy, Sam and Elvis for some good old pvp role play and Luna fighting...

I bounced around to a number of other games GW2, ArcheAge and the like, but mostly now I just play WoW

Who knows with f2p you may see me bounce in from time to time... would have to be a new toon I gave all my accounts to Mr Happy when I left ;)

I'll say one thing for UO even after all this time when I think of gaming, the community here, and especially on Siege was always the most passionate about the game play... both for good and for ill...

Old Timer

Adventurer
It has been forever since I was on Siege. Played a lot of games, but really none could compare to the "great grand daddy" of em all.
Been back on for a couple of weeks now... much has changed, much has remained. Attended the Gov Meeting with the King today to decide if I should remain. Was promptly killed off in a PK raid (the fond memories that envoked!!) I was pleased to see that the community spirit still lives. Many new faces, few old ones... but they still exist too. Glad to have run into Blind Otto!
In the rl world I have retired, so I now have time to re-establish in a game world with ample time to devote to it. UO and Siege will be it.

In days of old, I was a Knight of the Silver Serpents. A grand time that I thoroughly enjoyed. Py was indeed a man to follow, and his guidance held me to the game even though the rl world beckoned strongly. I finally had to give in, and the rl world won out. But Siege, the community, and the good times were never far away in my thoughts.

I'm back, hopefully until the game runs it's final course, or I mine.

Most will not recognize me, as I am fairly certain it was before their time. I was / am Piram Agrivar in game.

The days of KSS are past, and I would not try to rekindle that spirit, but I will try to uphold the ideals learned so long ago. I have much to learn since my rebirth, but hope to become an active community member once again. PvP was never my forte, but I wouldn't shy away from a fight either. I carry the guild tag of BoV, Brotherhood of Virtue... and will stand as one, or with others, in the fight for honor and justice.

*salutes* "Sol Invictus"

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
eh..... it has been a long time...

I normally stop and check in once a year or so to see if any old faces are around...

Sure enough there are a few...

Some of you may remember me as Chimera... a good old provo/discord stealth tamer others as Inari or (Inari Wakayama) and others as Jesse my Necro / Bushido archer...

Mem and Forsaken I see you are both still kicking around and posted awhile back......

I Played UO back in the early days, I think I had started back in 1997/1998 on Chesapeake. I made the move over to Siege around 2001 after meeting Shy and Rowena ... the first guild I believe was LiE - Loyality is Everything

From there I went to Waka as I'm sure Bo Bo will recall, where I stayed for a bit, until they kinda broke up....

Ibichi formed B^G Band of Gypsies and I pretty much stayed there until leaving UO circa 2005/6.

I all so played a lot with VMP around that same time with WyRm, Krystal, Mr. Happy, Sam and Elvis for some good old pvp role play and Luna fighting...

I bounced around to a number of other games GW2, ArcheAge and the like, but mostly now I just play WoW

Who knows with f2p you may see me bounce in from time to time... would have to be a new toon I gave all my accounts to Mr Happy when I left ;)

I'll say one thing for UO even after all this time when I think of gaming, the community here, and especially on Siege was always the most passionate about the game play... both for good and for ill...
Oh boy are you a site for sore eyes. How are you, Chim.I do not think they remember Patty as Rowena but rather as Shade. We sure had fun back in those days, and some misery. Good to see you alive and kicking. Do you remember Effex? he is Married and a daddy a few times over. I am back in College getting my masters in Psychology and having so much fun but not enough time for games. I hope all is well. Who ended up with Cherish Firekiss and my Shy Chars. anyway, leave me a message or something when you see this!
Love Shy

Oh I came to SP because of ZAA/ Manfred from the guild -F- Faithless