• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

White Wyrms - Question :)

L

larsjex

Is there anything these beasts are particularly good at hunting?
I know they're not considered "top hunting pets", but i still like the looks! =)

As I understand it, Hiryus are fairly good at ancient wyrms, so, what should I specifically be hunting with a whitey? :)

- Lars

M

maroite

I know they're not considered "top hunting pets", but i still like the looks! =)

As I understand it, Hiryus are fairly good at ancient wyrms, so, what should I specifically be hunting with a whitey? :)

- Lars
Hmm... they have hi cold resists, not sure about their energy, but maybe killing off Cu's?

It seems like a lot of monsters in UO do fire/poison though. Maybe against undead? Or anything that does mainly cold damage. Not sure if there is anything that only does cold though. The other problem is that WW's do cold damage, and most things that DO cold damage have high cold resists.

Maybe its best as a dps pet?

L

larsjex

Hmm... they have hi cold resists, not sure about their energy, but maybe killing off Cu's?

It seems like a lot of monsters in UO do fire/poison though. Maybe against undead? Or anything that does mainly cold damage. Not sure if there is anything that only does cold though. The other problem is that WW's do cold damage, and most things that DO cold damage have high cold resists.

Maybe its best as a dps pet?
Yeah, probably. It is, of course, also only 3 control slots, so I can have a Mare/Bake with me when I hunt with it. Been trying some different things, it's -not- happy about killing balrons, mostly, I'm assuming, because of the flamestrikes. Hunting for artifacts with a WW seems hard, though I have little experience using him in the Abyss.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fire ants, lava elementals and fire daemons have low cold resist, but fire daemon has an area effect, so hard to stay close to heal. It may do oki in the abyss, but I'm not sure.

T

Tuchman

- Lars
Could have sworn that a WW and a Mare were the pets to take to DOOM ?

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
painted caves is good, they tank rather well

A

Azumazi

WWs died out back when they put in animal training and bonding. Since Dragons being able to train up and surpass WW's in combat ability.

That being said they do excel in pure dps till you can start using a GD, and since they start with a higher dex/magery than dragons its less training but at the cost of no breath weapon.

Still wish they would add a cold breath attack to WW's.