• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

White Wyrm Pre Patch

Wharton

Adventurer
I was thinking about maybe training a prepatch white wyrm, but I am relatively new to taming. I noticed that everyone seems to agree that getting rid of the magery in favor of chivalry with armor ignore is best. My question about this is, what happens to the evaluate intelligence? Is it just a wasted skill? Also, do you need to have chivalry in order for your pet to use armor ignore? If not, why does chivalry do so much more damage than just keeping magery on the white wyrm?
thanks

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
In a 1v1 type of mob scenario, chiv gives a significant boost to damage modifier (82 percent at 120 chiv) from casting enemy of one. It also cast divine fury which adds DI and HCI.

Pets can have AI withou chiv.
If you add chiv, you wont need eval int.

Wharton

Adventurer
Thank you for your reply. There is already evaluate intelligence on the ww I am interested in. When I change to Chivalry, will that stay there even though it is not needed?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Let me say this.
Save the WW till you learn on throw away pets.
You will mess up, and its better to mess up on something that is easily replaced.

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for your reply. There is already evaluate intelligence on the ww I am interested in. When I change to Chivalry, will that stay there even though it is not needed?
I actually just finished building my PP WW and I made it Chiv/AI. The magery is replaced by the Chiv, so the WW won’t use magery. However, when you lore the pet, the magery skill points and eval int skill points still remain on the pet even though it doesn’t use those skills. Just remember to follow the guides out there, use the planner before actually training it at each slot level, and put the Chiv on after the AI.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Best thing to do is build it on test center first.

And get used to using UO CAH for planning. Post a link here with the stats and people will gladly chime in on how best to build it. It isn't hard at all, but you don't want to make a mistake on such an expensive pet.

- Make sure resists are maxed out (Different schools of thought on this, but the priority is normally to max out Physical>Fire>Energy>Cold>Poison in that order of importance based on the types of damage you can face out there)
- Make sure base damage is maxed out
- Make sure regens are exactly how you want them(I normally max out HP and Mana regen and add 5 stam regen; to each his own on this, some disagree here)
- PP WW generally are capped out in terms of STR, DEX, INT so you can't touch this (otherwise it is normally optimal to set pet stats to 700 STR, 150 DEX, 370 INT)
- When choosing specials and magic, generally add abilities from the bottom of the menu working up; (sometimes you can add a magic ability and lose the option to add an AOE ability)

Last edited: