• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) White net toss FEB. 22nd. @ 2p.m. eastern time

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We will have around 20 white nets to toss out in order to get Scalis to spawn. Feb. 22nd. (Sunday) at 2:00 p.m. eastern time zone. This event will be held in New Magincia on the docks. To the newer people that might show up remember this is Siege and the docks are in not guard zone. So be careful what you wear and carry a bag of sending.

Everyone is welcome !

For those who have ventrilo, Charles has opened a Siege community vent. info on this can be found in the sticky section of the Stratic's Siege page. Thank you Charles for doing so!

The following is info from uoguide.com

The Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer is one of two boss-level monsters introduced with the High Seas expansion. He is said to be tougher than theSlasher of Veils in terms of difficulty. He was the first monster revealed with the High Seas expansion. Scalis can be summoned by tossing a Fabled Fishing Net into the water that either pull up Sea Serpents, Krakens and Leviathan or Scalis.GM Fishermans have a 25% chance to spawn Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer. Cannons on ships can also be used against them, although unlike any other creature currently in the game they can damage ships in return. Additionally, they will toss eels on board when ranged attacks are used against them.

Osiredon has high resistance against most types of damage, making him difficult to hurt. Also, similar to Corgul the Soulbinder, Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer activates a tainted life force aura which can cause life leech options/skill (i.e. Vampiric Embrace) to hurt the player rather than heal, makingSampire template relatively useless. One working method is to use Cannonball from Cannons, which will deal approximately 650 - 2230 damage (produced by an Orc Ship using Heavy Ship Cannons).

Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer
There is a chance for Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer to drop:

The Leviathan is a pure white sea monster, along the lines of the Kraken or the Deep Sea Serpent but much higher-end. It is found by using a Fabled Fishing Net and is a very hard fight (unless you've brought along a Greater Dragon, in which case several Bandages and a few Greater Heals will probably see you through).

Be warned, the moment the Leviathan appears it will target the character who threw the net in the water (assuming that character is visible and in range).Water Elementals, Sea Serpents, and Deep Sea Serpents will also appear.

Upon beating it, there is a chance of receiving one of the various Minor Artifacts directly in your pack. The odds are helped by your Luck, though the person who initially threw the net has at least a 25% chance of an item.

The Seahorse Statuette and Ghost Ship Anchor are available exclusively from the Leviathan and considered very valuable.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question is, will Osiredon have anyone alive to fight when he shows up, provided the net tosser lives long enough to toss the net that is.

Every red on Siege will be sure to show up. :tongue:

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But isn't that the whole point of Siege to have reds show up. Risk vs Reward, if its worth something then its worth fighting for. I will show up, might die a lot but sounds fun.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm always amused and a bit sarcastic about that Risk vs Reward b.s. We do the work and put in the time to get something and take all the 'Risk of Rewarding' the Red with the results of all our work. 720 points of combat skills vs my magery/crafting skillset kind of makes me an easy target. The viewpoint of a crafter/forager. :)

I lean towards the opinion that the wolves should show they have a pair and pick on someone their own size... <g>

<writes out his will and kisses his tush goodbye.... :mf_prop: >

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We have not had many PvPers over the last several years. Most that left were PKs. They would not fight anyone they might lose to... Like each other.

Siege is still here and engaged. We are just not sheep.

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure I will die right along side you, but in doing it I will enjoy trying to live. The reward is not in the items you get its in the story you get to tell afterwards. Its in the experience not in another piece of armor or some weapon you looted. I don't play this game to gather up items. Sure I gather my fair share of items, hopefully I have enough to keep my char in armor. What I like more is the experience of just playing with other people. If I want a safe game I would go the a regular shard and never leave trammel.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why I'm here. I found the game getting dull before I wandered off a couple years back and spent a few months here on my way to the door out. After a couple years elsewhere, I came back to UO, I missed all the crafting and foraging play which is what caused me to fall in love with the game back in late 2000.

I enjoy the variety of play I can do with my seven characters on Chessie so I'm now getting my shop there set up, but I'm also set up here as a shopkeeper. Life here has an edge to it, I've yet to get dirtnapped here but its been close a couple times. :)

For all the nasty attitude I had years back towards Fel and the flavor of PKers I'd run into back playing UO:Ren & AOS, I gave Siege that few months and it mellowed my attitude a lot. The Reds here are not the ashats that I'd dealt with back in my Fel days so I came back here a month back and finally located a place near Zento large enough for a decent sized shop and set one up.

I've two characters, one is Landreu who is pure crafter with 50 or 60 points of magery so he can make a few items that require it, the other is Tanivar who is a crafter/forager/stealther/mage with seven or eight soulstones, who is the one I typically wander around the countryside has. Tanivar gathers the resources and he and Landreu craft away happily. What makes UO fun for me. :)

Not sure if I'll show up at this event or not. I haven't had the christening yet and I'm not inclined to give anyone an easy shot at it. I'm inclined to make them work for it.:D

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm always amused and a bit sarcastic about that Risk vs Reward b.s. We do the work and put in the time to get something and take all the 'Risk of Rewarding' the Red with the results of all our work. 720 points of combat skills vs my magery/crafting skillset kind of makes me an easy target. The viewpoint of a crafter/forager. :)

I lean towards the opinion that the wolves should show they have a pair and pick on someone their own size... <g>

<writes out his will and kisses his tush goodbye.... :mf_prop: >
Well, that's why in the past all larger PvM activities were protected by blue Anti-PK guilds whose characters were suited to fight incoming PKs. The Pks risk all their gear when they attack an event like this and usually the PKs are outnumbered by blue PvPers who get backed up with heals etc from the PvM chars as well. So there is risk vs. reward for all sides.

Today Siege seems to have far less guilds that actively participate in PvP, but also the PK population is far more decreased...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Baby Doll, there is a council meeting at 4:00pm est. that day. not sure how long it will take to finish this, but I will do what I can to be there until 4 anyway.

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a great event, thanks for putting it on. I got some really nice loot and had a lot of fun doing it.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was seriously fun!

Never got looting rights though, guess I need to learn how to run with the big dogs here. :)

Mish o sha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Baby Doll and all, I had a blast been a while since i have done one.Lol my grandson was laughing so hard it was funny.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I and a guildie both got the wands. Vinny I believe said he got the forge. Nice one! Not sure what anyone else got.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I showed up late, got one shot off and insta-died :) looked like you guys had a great turnout, I saw several folks like Freja providing support in the back and a wall of dragons and colossi up front. Looked great!

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you to everyone that showed up to share in the fun it was a wonderful turn out. After casting 11 nets (90 minutes playtime) we enticed Scalis up from the deep 5 times! Vinny scored the "Soul Forge", Sir Morder scored one of two "Illustrious Wand of Thundering Glory". Sorry, I missed who scored the 2nd. one. Heard that a couple nice pieces of loot were found. Even with several healers doing their best in healing others, we still had some deaths. But with rezzes on hand people were back up and fighting rather quickly.

We still have another 8 nets for one of the upcoming weekends if people want to do this again!

Thanks for sharing your playtime, I had a wonderful 90 minutes of fun! :p

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hate i missed it, but duty called with 25,000 customers still down as of this morning. we got all but a couple hundred back up by 6pm though. hope y'all had fun ima go to bed now.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It was cool to see so many on at same time, thanks a lot Baby Doll.
I hope I got all in the list:

Stormy
Neidan [TDO*]
SwanSong
Alt [DTA]
Zackurus
Static [GIL]
Sprite Full [TDO*]
Sarah [L*H]
Baby Doll [IPKU]
CharGar [GIL]
Glorious Lady Ji [GIL]
Dog
Hoffs [GIL]
Pinkerton [MAD!]
Susie [GIL] [VvV]
Becca [GIL]
Prospector
Bia [GIL]
Tanivar [LBSS]
Sir Vincent [B^A] [VvV]
Miss M
Singularity [B^A] [VvV]
Sam
Lupe [B^A]
Lord Troop [GIL]
Pancho [TDO*]
Grandma [GIL]
Morgan Ironfist Duke of New Magincia [VvV]
Lord Kelden [GIL] [VvV]
Lord Ter Yaap Art [GIL]
Delores Duende [GIL]
Charles [B^A]
Lady Silent Singer [B^A]
Sara Dale [GIL]
Lady Freja [TDO*

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And a neat part of it was the only one killing people was Osiredon. Not what I expected at all. :)

I was certainly wrong in my first post here wasn't I. Got to keep in mind we have nearly all PvPers here, not PKers.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nice turn out.

Was stuck at work. Hopefully I can make the next one.

Troop_Gil

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I could not stay the whole time but I did enjoy it a lot. It would be fun to do these as an event every once in a while.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
And a neat part of it was the only one killing people was Osiredon. Not what I expected at all. :)

I was certainly wrong in my first post here wasn't I. Got to keep in mind we have nearly all PvPers here, not PKers.
I was very surpriced to see you there and visible, I sure was thinking, this was not what you expected :p