• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

White Council...?

G

DTA has been in WC... for quite awhile now.

DR was voted on and approved, a week or two ago.

UOcom Siege guilds info listings shows WC guilds/ allies, on UOcom for all to see every day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hmmm news to me that DTA is now in the WC ... I also know an OTF member that is in DTA and no it is not Feyre.

[/ QUOTE ]

DTA has been in the WC for weeks.

-Skylark

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The main issue here for us is...

Is IanTown a "no attack zone".

It needs to be clarified.

Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Iantown is law is residences can't attack unless attacked first then we are allowed to defend ourselves. or we can attack first if it is an agreed upon duel. (this is in Iantown borders only) While we can't make other guilds respect our law we do expect law abiding guilds to do so.

Approximate borders of Iantown

Y

Yasou Wakayama

Doesn't concern me one way or another - we fight all the guilds on that list.
I would however not be cool with a WAKA member being in a WC guild ... nor having an alt in any guild we consider an enemy (which is any guild that is not green to us) ...

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The main issue here for us is...

Is IanTown a "no attack zone".

It needs to be clarified.

Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Iantown is law is residences can't attack unless attacked first then we are allowed to defend ourselves. or we can attack first if it is an agreed upon duel. (this is in Iantown borders only) While we can't make other guilds respect our law we do expect law abiding guilds to do so.

Approximate borders of Iantown

[/ QUOTE ]
So do you expect factions players not to attack each other in IanTown also?

Cheers!

P

Phish Phan

<blockquote><hr>

Hmmm news to me that DTA is now in the WC ... I also know an OTF member that is in DTA and no it is not Feyre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me?

I was DTA long ago on both sandwich and my tamer.

Though we have went our different ways, I still consider them good friends.

P

Pyrite_DTA

DTA has many members who have alternates in other guilds. They play their different roles quite respectfully. As long as they do that and are up front with me about what they are doing, I have no problems with it.

If that bothers someone- well, then that is his or her problem. Focusing on maturity might be of help.

M

Masumatek

You also have your share of notos/dishonorable players in DTA. Or at least you used to. And I seriously doubt your members and those of DR who were "bad guys" have all changed into "good guys."

P

Phish Phan

Oh and everyone can thank Pyrite for Alacyn/Ultra Milk Chan as well ^^

F

Feyre

I believe the moment you join a faction you have agreed you are ready for a fight at any moment and it doesn't matter how much you complain cause you will be attacked.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said while we can make anyone not fight we expect people to hold off their hostiles until they have left Iantown borders.

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

Like I said while we can make anyone not fight we expect people to hold off their hostiles until they have left Iantown borders.

[/ QUOTE ]
You might want to remind people of that from time to time... and of your borders.

IanTown's rules are not the first thing on anyone else's minds when they bring
new people on board. And that type of rule is not the standard for most
playertowns on the shard now.

Unenforcable rules are rather silly... and just cause arguments. If you want a
"no attack zone" there are Trammel shards that give you all the "no attack zones"
you can stomach.

Cheers!

S

skypuppy

We have no control over Non residents. But if a resident of Iantown is in factions we hope all will abide by our laws and not fight in town.

P

Pyrite_DTA

You know--- you guys have me thinking about how rich I could be if I claimed all my old accounts with their original codes! muhahahaha!

S

skypuppy

You missed the most important part IANTOWN RESIDENTS are not to attack FRIST. But as most of the residents are crafters why come to pick on us?

K

Kat SP

In all liklihood, most won't come to pick on you, but this IS Siege Perilous. There is risk associated with playing here. Choosing a crafting profession does not offer immunity to anyone.

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

You missed the most important part IANTOWN RESIDENTS are not to attack FRIST. But as most of the residents are crafters why come to pick on us?

[/ QUOTE ]
You people need to get your story straight.

Here's what Spree said:
"While we can't make other guilds respect our law we do expect law abiding guilds to do so."

The crafter that was attacked was not a member of I^A... I have no idea if
they are a "resident" of IanTown or not... or how anyone else would know that
either. They were a member of an opposing faction.

Further... there are no markers that say "You are now entering IanTown" to let
a faction player who would like to obey your "laws" know when they have crossed
over into a make believe guardzone.

As to visiting IanTown... the only time I personally do that is if my destination
is somewhere close to IanTown.

I didn't miss the important part. You and your guildmates evidently read your
rules differently.

Cheers!

S

skypuppy

Well i'm not going to spend my time argueing about this you both have spent time here and know how we work.

S

SavannahSP

<blockquote><hr>

Further... there are no markers that say "You are now entering IanTown" to let a faction player who would like to obey your "laws" know when they have crossed over into a make believe guardzone.

[/ QUOTE ]Hmm, could not they put out water barrels, that seems to be the 'de facto' UO way to mark boundaries....? Until there is a better solution that seems to be the only semi-permanent way to erect 'walls' around a place. There would still have to be a collective understanding of what the water barrels in that particular place mean however.

-Sav.

K

Kat SP

I am not arguing, nor was I disrespectful. You asked, I answered. Geesh!

S

skypuppy

Actually Kat i wasnt meaning you as to the argueing it was more derected to Ginsu-SP and i didnt say or mean that you was disrespecting me.i guess what i should have said was that you both have been around Iantown enought to know what we stand for and how we work. There was no malises meant. Sorry if i said it in a way that it could be taken wrong.

G

To be clear...

I have just recently returned to control of KSS, but that does not mean I disagree with the decisions made by my officers during my absebce.

No guild on the shard is above being included on our list of criminals, not full time villains, not allies, not even ex KSS members.

We joined the White Council alliance as a color alliance. Our members will hunt with long time friends in CWS and TSR. As well, being lawful citizens, we will defend them. The fool gods who put new laws into our world preventing the healing or ressurecting of individuals in some cases make it very hard to do our job without green allies.

An excerpt from our Scroll of Justice:

<blockquote><hr>

Lawful citizens
This listing of guilds and individuals contains those members of society who have dedicated themselves to a lawful and community serving way of life. If members of the White Council Alliance commit crimes, each specific case should be brought before the White Council Elders. For all other guilds, the person accused should be brought in for questioning accompanied by their guildmaster/mistress.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone wishes to report a murder, I will act as our scroll states.

S

skypuppy

ok Py i have a Q . If say I^A joins the WC and then a person in A^I which isnt alleid with us but has chars in I^A is the I^A ppl accountable for what a A^I person does?

G

<blockquote><hr>

ok Py i have a Q . If say I^A joins the WC and then a person in A^I which isnt alleid with us but has chars in I^A is the I^A ppl accountable for what a A^I person does?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take this example, and apply it as you see fit.

Guild A has member Johnny. Guild A is a guild of generally law abiding citizens.

Johnny is also in guild X, who kill members of B, C and D - non-aggressive lawful citizens.

Johnny makes no secret of his dual identity.

Now, you can argue that from a role-play perspective, I shouldn't care about alts. However, you can call me a non-purist, because I do apply accountability on what I refer to as the "soul" ingame, which is the player behind the character.

So, that puts me in a position - how can I continue to assist members of A, while Johnny is out killing all these people, and they all know about it? How do I address the situation with A?

Simply:

Hey A, you are harboring a known murderer, this makes me very unhappy from a Justice perspective. I am going to attack and kill Johnny whether he is in A or X, until he stops killing B, C and D - and offers an apology. I will not sit and let him saunter by unhindered. I am not interested in killing any other members of A, but if they interfere, I have to consider that aiding a known criminal. I want this clear so you understand my perspective. I leave this with you to deal with as you choose.

They can answer either:

Py, go to hell. If you attack one of us, you attack all of us.
I respond: You choose to support a known criminal, there is not much else I can do. Expect to be attacked when I see you, I'd appreciate a list of non-combatant members so I can avoid slaying crafters.

OR

They can take the necessary actions to correct the situation.

The choice is always up to the guild master about what kind of guild they want to have.

Please keep in mind that I am just newly returned and still surveying the political and criminal landscape. I am slowly rebuilding my Justice scroll. If you aren't on it today, yet deserve to be, soon enough you'll be on it!

G

What I tell my own guildmates:

If you have an alt that kills innocents and wish to remain in my guild, don't tell me, and make sure I never find out about it. I've been forced to boot members a few times for this reason. I hate it, but I think this is the only conscionable way to run a guild that puts forth the notion that they are good guys, or at the very least neutral.

Why would I have any more mercy for people who are not even my own guildmates?

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does all this mean the White Council will be renaming themselves the Grey Council?

I

imported_mo'gluk

*looks at pyrite with a pleading look*

...pwease let meeb stay uruk!! meeeb be guud!!!

*crosses finger behind back*

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

Hey A, you are harboring a known murderer, this makes me very unhappy from a Justice perspective. I am going to attack and kill Johnny whether he is in A or X

[/ QUOTE ]
Go Py, White Council civil wars!

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

Hmmm news to me that DTA is now in the WC ....

[/ QUOTE ]

i had a nice laff at that myself when i found out. What is truely ironic about that is that i know of a person who was basically forced from the WC for being friends with a "griefer" and yet here they make a charter member the one of the previous biggest noto guilds on the shard.

S

Sloan

<blockquote><hr>

Doesn't concern me one way or another - we fight all the guilds on that list.
I would however not be cool with a WAKA member being in a WC guild ... nor having an alt in any guild we consider an enemy (which is any guild that is not green to us) ...

[/ QUOTE ]And this is why I call you "Sir"