• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

White Council...?

R

Rykus

I thought the White Council was a group of 'good guys'. Not that I feel it's any of my business, but how did this group's application get approved?

Did the focus of the WC change?

G

Ginsu-SP

COM is the only faction that is acceptable to most of the WC RP-wize.

Cheers!

Y

Yasou Wakayama

so is True Brit and WAKA and we aren't nice guys at all.

R

Rykus

Looking at their guild name and titles, they are either evil or horribly misadvertised..

Acquisitionist (thief?)
Little Miss Bad Girl (how do you misinterpret that?)
Blood Knight ...

One of them attacked a crafter friend of mine in Iantown and dry looted him. Being a former long-time I^A citizen and guild member, I know full well that attacking in Iantown is forbidden by those who are supposed to uphold the law and from what I recall, dry looting is supposed to be looked down upon by the WC. Hence the inquiry.

S

SavannahSP

Ahhh... I learn more about factions every day... thanks, both of you. =)

-Sav.

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

Looking at their guild name and titles, they are either evil or horribly misadvertised..

[/ QUOTE ]
One who is rejected by the devil... may be so... because of their lack of evil.
Their titles were discussed... and their explanations accepted.

<blockquote><hr>

One of them attacked a crafter friend of mine in Iantown and dry looted him.

[/ QUOTE ]
And... when did this happen? What was the name of the crafter? And who was
the attacker?

DR has accepted the ways of the WC... if there are problems with the transition
we will work through them and make ammends.

Cheers!

L

Leston

Lol twas me that was killed.... ya know my gm tinkering and 3500 ping from iraq ima stone faced killer!!!!!

R

Rykus

PM'ing you now.. I didn't know who to address, but now that I do I will talk to ya about it privately.

Thanks

L

Leston

It was some youngin named Lyst.... twas quite comical really... i was running... well a step every 5 seconds with my wonderful connection in iraq... i ran into something "hidden"... i was like someone is hidden in iantown this late? being about 2 am eastern time 10 am baghdad local
... so i ran back to make sure it wasnt a glitch.. Lyst popped out and hit me with a DP Shuriken...and proceeded to "chase" me in all my speed till i came to an untimely death. Twas quite the epic battle i must decry...i threw my tinker tools with all my might but twas to no avail.... for i was truely outmatched.. my shovel was not even a determent...tis a shame really...

I

imported_Castor

I dont know about all that, but see if you can get them to pay me the war reparations that i am owed.

I asked for 200 unmarked 5k checks last week and they have yet to make a payment....

G

Ginsu-SP

I understand the tinker is also in an opposing faction.

Perhaps a faction tinker with a slow connection is better off indoors?

It is not our intention to kill crafters... however the faction issue does throw a
monkeywrench in the works.

It will be discussed.

Cheers!

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OTF have chars in the white council so i doubt it really matters but seeing as they twice abandoned spawns on the last level yesterday to avoid a raid i would say they can use all the help they can get

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

OTF have chars in the white council

[/ QUOTE ]
That means that the WC has chars in OTF as well.

Cheers!

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

COM is a hero faction, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

In some circles, i am known as a hero....

G

<blockquote><hr>

One of them attacked a crafter friend of mine in Iantown and dry looted him

[/ QUOTE ]

Fist off Lyst is a tamer and to kill anoyone with just ninja stars i must say is quite a feat even tho said party was a low pinging crafter.

2ndly Lyst did not "dry loot" I know for fact all he looted was a LRC suit that had some nice cold resist on it..

Your crafter friend doesnt like dying in factions? Time to quit factions then?

G

Ginsu-SP

The main issue here for us is...

Is IanTown a "no attack zone".

It needs to be clarified.

Cheers!

L

Leston

Very true indeed... however i was always under the impression that iantown was safe from attacks.. except the occasional perp or two...especially at 2 am in the morning... i know if i saw someone running by not bothering anyone in iantown i would do the "honorable" thing and let them be... or offer them a bite to eat and an ale or ten... seriously...I guess im more RP though.... because in an RP world... how would anyone know what my faction or guild assocation is... i wear no identifying marks or clothing... only way he would know i was from an opposing faction is by looking at my name color.. which... being from old school rp... if we have never met before you dont know my affiliation....

S

SavannahSP

Hmm, Elder Tamer, Elder Ninjitsu, GM Hiding, and that's just what shows. No guild title though, maybe new to the guild?

Lyst on MyUO

-Sav.

G

Ginsu-SP

Revvo... if you have a WC char... would you be in charge of getting me maps
of all the playertowns that shows where the town lines are?

It would really help us avoid problems like this in the future.

Cheers!

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

You are my hero

[/ QUOTE ]

Being that it has now been established that i am a hero, ill give you what i think

If you are in factions, you are fair game, no matter what guild you are in/where you are. It is up to the individual i believe.

I personally never attack iantown, because, miss tea = luv...

R

Rykus

As I said to Ginsu privately, this is Siege, I dont care AT ALL about the death or the looting. My issue is that a WC member attacked in Iantown (which I have always known to be neutral/no-attack territory among the WC) and (as I understood) dry looted to boot. If it were anyone else, anywhere else this post would have never happened.

At any rate, enjoy the LRC suit. At the very least I got a little education on the WC that I didn't have before, and we all know that knowledge is power.

G

Ginsu-SP

IanTown may once have been known as a "no attack zone" to those who spent
a lot of time there. I have not heard that mentioned in a long time.

It is certainly nothing that has been discussed since the WC has been more
active... and was not covered with DR when they joined us.

I will raise the issue at the next assembly of the council.

Cheers!
Aeric

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't personally but i thought it was fairly common knowledge who those OTF people were who had characters in one of the WC guilds.

G

What exactly ARE Iantowns boarders?? Do they infact lay claim to all of the East Umbra lands?? Are you telling me that if a SL faction saw Lyst walking along Umbras desert going west he would have been safe to prance along? Rykus this is silly and ur just trying to cause problems.
Think of it this way.. Lyst was helping to keep Iantown a safer place by not allowing the evil snakes in the Shadow Lords to even reach its soil. :p

L

Leston

Yeah i need a beer.... [censored] wait.. grrr i really hate iraq.... its not about dying or what not.... its the fact that what i was to believe a certain "honorable" roe....was maybe thrown out the window?... no matter...good day to all.. see ya when i dont have a 4k ping....and believe me.. you will see me soon enough ....

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

I don't personally but i thought it was fairly common knowledge who those OTF people were who had characters in one of the WC guilds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you can get one of those guys to get my maps then?

Cheers!

L

Leston

hrmm interesting.. i didnt know that delilas 'a known iantown citzen of many years' house was near the desert....for that is where i was first engaged...we were way out of the desert and actually around the big bend of the water which is way within the town limits of iantown... its not matter and it not about being killed or even looted.. [censored] i came to seige long ago for a reason.. Just ask yourself.. was what you did honorable?... how would you know what faction my character was in?... we had never met before... of course i guess there are people who truely RP.. and those who fake it...

G

Clearly, having a White Council member guild in factions has brought up an unforseen conflict of interest.

As has been stated, this will be discussed.

P

Pyrite_DTA

Feyre was in DTA a long time ago. She was originally my account. We parted ways long ago.

F

Feyre

Look what you have brought upon the world Py :p
I wonder if they would be surprised to know that Feyre has also been in VmP hands :O

I

imported_mo'gluk

agh Mo'gluk was at one time a clean and nice fisher in DTA, look where he iz today... stinky, ugly and perma red (I think)....

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

Did the focus of the WC change?

I sorry, but how can anyone answer this question? What is WC's focus?
Is there public information about this? WC may have a website, but that is
only information WC wants ppl believe. How can anyone have first hand information? Are there historical archives of WC past actions?

I am sure the people in WC know what their focus is! The rest of us must
guess.

As for the good guys verse the bad guys...what is the difference if they are
on each side? This is true about Factions too!

I have only one account, and only one character on Siege P. I am either good,
bad, or indifferent to this politics. I have only one view of Siege Perilous.
I guess I am against ever having a second character on SP.

WC may do what they will. They are what they do.

S

SavannahSP

Oooh, a witch hunt!

"Dead I am the one, Exterminating son
Slipping through the trees, strangling the breeze
Dead I am the sky, watching angels cry
While they slowly turn, conquering the worm

Dig through the ditches,
Burn through the witches
I slam in the back of my
Dragula"

Well maybe not the dragula part, but the 'burn through the witches' always made me laugh. &lt;3 Zombie.

-Sav.
(queen of derail)

Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled witch hunt, enjoy...

M

Masumatek

I agree. I lost a lot of respect for many guilds I respected greatly when I found out they were allied with DTA. Now DR too:/.

Y

Yasou Wakayama

Hmmm news to me that DTA is now in the WC ... I also know an OTF member that is in DTA and no it is not Feyre.

S

Shadow Tamer-SP

we all know know that is so its no big secret, well maybe it is to those new players