• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

White/Black seeds missing?

E

Edward of LS

I know they are rather rare, but I just pulled in a new "crop". I do petals for bulk orders and make sure to cross polinate. I usually pull a combo of 3 white/black seeds between all my plants per crop. I've gotten as many as 5, but never less than 2, until the last set. Got a ton of the new seeds, but no white/black. Anyone else seeing this or was this a really bad run?

Thanks,

Aaron

D

DHMagicMan_1

I think just a bad run. I've gotten a couple Black and White crosses in the last week or two so they still exist. I do wish Sak would increase the percentage chance just a touch though.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
do the naturalist quest?
It's a pain to do, special when you want white seed or at least black and get 6 firered in row. :rant2:
One hour lost as I don't want firered seed.

M

Myna

but faster than crosspolinate tons and waiting days and with bad luck getting nothing too

E

Edward of LS

Thanks for the info, guess I'll see what happens with this crop.

D

Dragonchilde

I haven't had any black or white mutants in MONTHS. As in.. none. I've been cross-pollinating like mad. The RNG just hates me, I think. I've had to resort to naturalist quests, and that has really sucked.

M

mjolnir131

OK i have had 2 plants go rouge, one gave a set of black poppies the other is white but i don't know what yet. both times being crossed with a cactus (flowered/4 barrel) of the same color

F

Flora Green

I have all but given up cross-pollinating for black and white plants now that seeds of renewal have been added. When I first collected one, it was in ADDITION to the plants usual 8. Now it's taking seeds from the plant. I don't really care if I end up with less normal or colored seeds, but with all of the time, effort and resources to even get a mutant plant, I expect to collect the full 8 seeds as originally intended. September-Dec is always a busy time for gardeners with special requests of black and white for holiday decorating. Add to that the requirement of those colors for the new dyes, it's more than frustrating to only receive 6-7 mutant seeds.

I hope Sak will consider increasing the chance to receive a mutant (last year I started in August trying to get TWENTY white elephant ears, I ended up with ZERO) and restore the SOR as a bonus seed and not subtract from the max 8.

D

Dragonchilde

I agree 100%... I'm deathly afraid of finally getting a mutant, and receiving a seed I can't use and don't want in return. I have no problem with the extra seed, but I do NOT want it replacing my seeds.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I think (but I don't remember for sure) that the mutant chance started out as 98% normal crossing, 1% Mutant White and 1% Mutant Black...

I'd like to see it modified to 95% "Normal" and then if mutant 50/50 for black or white...

This would help a LOT in getting mutants of the colors and plants we need. It's hard now anyway with Cacti throwing randoms into the mix, though I don't want to see that fixed since people enjoy the colorful Bonsai and Cacti etc...

M

mjolnir131

UPDATE:All Saints Day

I will be getting a batch of all white seeds, Red Barrel(single)[father] with Blue Pompous Grass[mother], i was shooting for a Purple Small Palm. will add when I get seeds to affirm is they are White Small Palms.

Again cactus different type this time though.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think (but I don't remember for sure) that the mutant chance started out as 98% normal crossing, 1% Mutant White and 1% Mutant Black...
I sure would love to see this increased as I'm very tired of doing the naturist quest over and over, I rather saw the white and black seed as a bonus when growing and crossing my plants.

Just a little increase in the chance would do

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually don't mind much to do this quest. Am making a habbit of doing it 5 times a day.

I am very happy when one of my own plants go mutant, especially when it is one I am attempting to get to complete my collection.

Although I too seem to imagine the odds are lesser then I recall. Since I returned (a little over a month now) I have crossed many plants and sofar I did not get a single mutant.

In the end just doing the Naturalist Quest gives me B&W seeds faster then hoping for a mutant, and the bonus is it is nice to see a huge white tree pop out in the process.
I must add I do have a ton of fire dyes now ...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I must add I do have a ton of fire dyes now ...
I maneged one day to waste an hour doing 6 quests and end up with 6 fire seed, I sure was not happy as my customers wanted white dyes.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, the random factor can backfire when one needs a certain color, on the other hand I did also get a run of 5 whites in a row, and the last 2 days I got no fire at all, 2x a mix of 5 B&W's so I was very pleased.

I manage to do a round (5 nests) in 5-6 mins, so it took me like an hour for 10 rounds a day when I did that to boost my stock, and now I settled to 5 rounds a day.

But still I feel if one needs to get a bunch of B&W's on a somewhat faster pace, the quest is the way to go.

twoburntfouryou

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My question is why the seed quest gives out so many fire red seeds? I do wish it would be equal and give out as many white or black seeds. 14 runs on the seed quest 10 fire red 2 black and 2 white :rant2:

M

mjolnir131

when your dealing with a 33% chance and the rng you can get runs where it looks very unequal but it is pretty close to being an equal chance.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I did some crossings last night, to try to get some mutants. Got 2 Blacks in about 75 crosses.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
What is this talk of odds lessening? We started growing plants when they were first introduced, and did grow thousands, on which we only ever had 2 black mutants... Then after abt 6-8 months stopped growing plants for years, or at least pollunating them (which we'll do from now again with our resource gather plants, thanks for the tip!) So when we see some ppl mentioning a regular stream of black/white seeds, it sounds like... weird.

Oh, we also finally did that naturalist quest today! Not that bad... :) :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Oh, we also finally did that naturalist quest today! Not that bad... :) :)
Until you do it over and over again and start looking for a spork to gouge your eyes out.
Maybe tweak the naturist quest so we get 3 randum seed from a run. Some times we may still get 3 fire or 2 fire and a black when we want white ones but at least it will cost less runs.

M

mjolnir131

UPDATE: they are indeed white small palms but i only got 6 seeds because of 2, yes 2, seeds of renewal.

I just have Bar-bar luck,3 SoR in 5 plnts 2 from a white, Gods!
I knew with my luck this would happen someday but a double whammy!!!! AGGGGH

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Oh, that is unlucky indeed! But from 12 Bright Red Ear Elephant plants I got only 1 SoR... No luck either eh? :( Would be happy with more SoR. But just planting more n more, no biggy...

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe tweak the naturist quest so we get 3 randum seed from a run. Some times we may still get 3 fire or 2 fire and a black when we want white ones but at least it will cost less runs.
wow, that's lazy. so now you want 3 whole rare seeds for a mere 8 minute quest that requires no killing and no danger.

uhm, why again does this quest even exist? o.0

i've done the quest--i've obtained 30 seeds from it.. about 12 blacks, 10 fire, and 8 white. i'm quite content with it all. if you really want things handed to you go find a site that will sell you a bunch of white seeds. then again, you'll still have to grow them.

hmm.. if only there was a way that we could get the seeds and not have to grow them either, then we wouldn't have to do anything at all!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I did try to buy the white seed on Siege but noone want to do the running so no success.