• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Whispering rose from Angelica

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As titled. Current offer is 790 million.

The rose is currently on Napa. Will accept payment on Atlantic. Buyer is responsible for pickup. Standard 10 minute rule will apply to bids. At the conclusion of the auction I will move the rose to Atlantic.

Auction will end on Sunday July 28 at 7pm eastern time.

I will accept offers in this thread, via PM, or ICQ... Though I reserve the right to reject private offers or require a post in this thread if I do not recognize your persona.

Edit: Icq 623089910
Edit: added 10 minute rule (auction may continue after 7pm eastern time until more than 10 minutes has elapsed from the last bid)

Last edited:

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, since I hear that she got her rose on GL there shouldn't be a problem with me jumping in with a bid. I had a dog growing up named Angelica, this rose holds a special place in my heart.
Put me down for 120m

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
125m ICQ 84355412.

Please dont remove my Bids without warning, I am member of this website and following every rule.

Always two sides to every story.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Private bidder received by ICQ - 150 Million

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hilarious right?
I just am amazed at what lengths people will go for a single rose.

Weather it is to stop a certain somebody from buying it for sentimental value or to actually pay that much FOR sentimental value. I would have NEVER thought that a rose would EVER reach 500M... hell... 100M.

You see something interesting everyday I suppose.

Masteryoda2

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been playing UO on and off for 15yrs. I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of great people. I have seen some of the most nicest gestures to some of the craziest drama. I have pondered bidding this Rose to the roof to get it. I have decided that what is more important then a Rose named Angelica is the real Angelica. I was able to get a rose from some friends on GL. I am sure that I will find another one that I can put on my Luna house. I would implore people to remember that UO is a small place and that the daily drama is not a required part of it. If someone runs into a Angelica rose, feel free to ICQ me: 283-879-411. This is a 5mil rose not a 500mil rose, I am not sure the motives but good luck to all.

Feel free to icq me,

Masteryoda Of Atl

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems to me that all the drama is one sided. No one has to explain their reasoning or motives for bidding on an item. You are of course free to speculate to ad nauseum. However in this case there is no need. As I explained above I had a pet growing up with the same name as this rose and how dare anyone question my sentimentality for my boyhood pet.

Angelica and Yoda have both stated openly that they have purchased a rose with the appropriate name on great Lakes and I am sincerely happy for them, not that that has any bearing on this auction. So, since we are all adult enough to realize that it is conceded and childish to lay claim to all roses barring your character’s name, can we all return to the rules of the auction and get back to bidding?

Good luck to all and happy bidding.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have had a few requests from bidders that at these prices I move the item ATL, which I will do. I will edit the original post to reflect that, but I will not actually transfer the item until the auction has ended.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Auction ends in just under 1 hour (10 minute rule applies).

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
10 Minute rule is now in effect. The auction may continue until it has been 10 minutes from the last bid.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess ole Angelica (My dog) will have to settle with only one rose in tribute. Congratulations on the rose Private Bidder, You are the proud owner of an Angel..oops i mean Angelica rose.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Auctions has now ended. Private bidder wins it. Thank you all for your participation and civility... I know there was some emotion on this auction.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hey Longtooth- i have some really neat names on roses-sure you didnt also have a pet named bytch or Toad-or Queenie too? Heck for half of this amount I will give you all 3- lmao

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you MasterYoda for a quick and smooth transaction.

Last edited:

Sapphirediablo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread made me... :confused::tinhat:

As a side note... congratulations on the 790million gold WhisperRose Purcahse.