• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

While you are in the batters box warming up with the nerfbat....Bards

G

I dont mind a bard being able to peace/disco my pet, but it should flag the bard so that he or she becomes attackable. Id like to see this changed

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if your bringing a tamer into pvp you shouldnt be complaining.

that, or sack up and become red.

C

Chango Pelon

<blockquote><hr>

paper covers rock?

[/ QUOTE ]

Demetri Martin "Paper covers rock. Rock is just fine, no structural damage. Rock can break out anytime it wants."

I do wish bards could equip their instruments. Not mandate having too, more like a spell book type of set up. Still can use as long as it is in pack, but if you want to sport your gear, make it happen.

G

If that becomes the case, then every time we Bards peace or discord, we should get some kind of damage credit. As it stands now, we can peace or discord for you folks while you kill and get no credit at all. Or maybe we should stop peacing and discording for you and just let you die.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

You think anyone want's to waste a character slot on a bard for PvP? Seems that's the only way to counter these gimp dismount tamers. Until the nerf comes down you will most likely see more and more bards just to counter all the tamer gimps.

B

Babble

And they should really recheck the barding difficulties as many monsters are too hard to bard.

G

They should make bards PVP viable. For example, Discordance could lower skills by 20% and targetted peacemaking would give a player -50% damage increase -15% Swing Speed Increase.

G

pretty simple concept that fits nicely into the games already established logic, I dont see why this has not already been done. If a mage casts a debuff on me, it flags the mage; if a bard is debuffing or inhibiting the pet in some fashion, it should flag the bard.

G

Peacemaking can be used positively to help your pets, as well as stop an attack. Therefore, IMO it's neutral at worst. How would you deal with area peace? Flag to everyone? Much as I don't peace on my bards, there are situations where a peacer can help you retreat from players trying to lure a pet away. Where is the logic when a skill called "peacemaking" flags you aggressive? lol.

In any case, when outside the GZ, you can kill the bard anyway. Dead bards can't peace

And I think that until the problems with pet balls/animal forms and tamers are resolved, the barding needs to be encouraged as much as possible

Wenchy

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wanna hit a pker or tamer over the head wiht my lute, and do teh special move that smashed teh lute and insta kills the red

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

If that becomes the case, then every time we Bards peace or discord, we should get some kind of damage credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

DEAL

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

PvT! PLAYER VS TAMER!!! look out!!!

Yea tamers dont go red normally because their pets are flagged red and killed all the time and they dont have the luxury of having that surprise ambush/attack on an unsuspecting victim... It is sooo sad to see these PvTers get whatever they want! More pet slots for stable, more powerful pets... cant screw their their pet balls or ninja smoke bombs... why dont we just make it so their pets can just kill someone instantly like a guard... I think that would be super cool.

L

LAH Architect

pHeAr dEz bArDs !

PvP Template Diversity for the win !

G

"How would you deal with area peace? Flag to everyone?"

yea it would be treated like an AOE stun (thats what it really is, just because its called "peacemaking" does not mean its a nonagressive action; there were many bard lulls (ie stuns) in EQ that had peacful names too [harmony was one]); additionally, meteor and earthquake flagged you to everyone you hit, why not with this? This isnt some *outrageous* request, its sadly pedestrian.

as far as all the cliche leet sp33k: l2 aoe noobs lolz kthxdrivethru !!!!11

I

imported_KoolAidAddict

If im a bard involved in pvp and using my skills on your pwoor wittle dwagon, you KNOW i got no other real skills to actually compete in pvp, so just man up and kill me, if you can.
Lay off the nerf bards cause you cant deal.

Now pweeeese run along and get some real pvp skills instead of making dwagon do your dirty work.

Peace!
hehehe just had to do that!!

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]The tamers don't want that. They want to bring the ease of hunting they experence they have in PvM over to PvP. They want to be able to say "all kill" once and maybe bandage once,maybe twice then loot what their pets kill.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, i think the bard has been at the wrong end of too many nerfs already. I am seriously considering dropping the skills on a soulstone and becoming a house wife (Alchemy, Plant Tending). It just has become too much of a pain trying to provoke creatures with how difficult it has become.

G

yeah cuz you know bards are so gimp and all I just want to run right out to yew gate with my pack full of flutes and firehorns and pwn everyone with em!

Seriously bards are awful right now and this is one of the only great uses unless your helping in a group at doom or a peerless which is nice but still not spectacular.

I would love to see bards get a super power up that makes them a character that you can use solo and still get the same kind of damage in that mages and other characters get.

What we really need are weapon type instruments where you cause direct damage when you play music with them. Each instrument could have different damaging songs or something and we could even have them use elemental damage modifiers.

If that happened THEN I would say yes make a bard turn grey when using skills on others and thier pets in fel.

G

Well, bards have been nerfed more enough IMO. It's not as if they can disco players (sadly) and barding difficulty is ludicrous, so they're hardly overpowered just because they can disco or peace your pets without flagging. If they get rid of 1 gimp tamer, their presence is justified

Wenchy

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well, bards have been nerfed more enough IMO. It's not as if they can disco players (sadly) and barding difficulty is ludicrous, so they're hardly overpowered just because they can disco or peace your pets without flagging. If they get rid of 1 gimp tamer, their presence is justified

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]Amen, Sistah Wenchy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Fear my flute.

[/ QUOTE ]

That really all depends on what you intend to do with it!

G

Knowing Nico, you don't want to think of the possibilities

Wenchy

G

<blockquote><hr>

Knowing Nico, you don't want to think of the possibilities

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reds should have statloss too...

----------------------------------

A negitive act deserves being flagged. You can't discord people's pets in tram...

Sicking your dragon on someone is a negitive act. Casting Curse on someone is a negitive act....

Discord should also be a negitive act.

I

imported_Sarphus

Don't call it a nerf... having flagging on bard skills is removal of an exploit, not a nerf.

A nerf would be when they make the bard skill less effective. I would be firmly against nerfing bard skills. I would also be firmly in support of removing the exploits associated with bard skills (peacing and discording people's pets in guard zones)

G

<blockquote><hr>

A negitive act deserves being flagged. You can't discord people's pets in tram...

Sicking your dragon on someone is a negitive act. Casting Curse on someone is a negitive act....

Discord should also be a negitive act.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the barding profession has been utterly castrated by the nerfs it's received over the years. It's rediculous. Skill use timers, restrictions on distance from bard's targets, stupidly high barding difficulty levels, screwing up the damage provoked critters do to each other. I'm sure there's more. Now it's nerf bards in PvP...oh wait, it's versus pets so again it's PvM lol.

If we nerf bards in this respect, then they should be allowed to target disco and peace on players too. That's just for starters. Otherwise it's a complete joke to complain about the only sensible defence against a gimp tamer. Who can go to that lovely safety of Trammel if the bards are so frightening...

What is it that certain tamers have been saying to the PvPers who complained about pet balls? Oh yes, adapt and use tactics.

To aid concerned tamers, a text message indicating which player was discoing their pets would suffice. If the tamer has more than 1 pet, chances are they've enough time to sic the second one on said bard before they can use the disco skill again

Wenchy

G

Unless the disco skill enables the bard to remove a tamer's spellbook, a simple recall would solve the GZ bard problem immediately.

I sincerely hope the devs fix more important issues than the woes of some noto tamers and those who expect to stay overpowered with their pet balls.

It would be one thing to hear these cries of "fix bards" when the tamer pet balls were balanced, but right now, in the face of all the complaints about tamers, I wouldn't be calling nerf bards.

Wenchy